What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Also nice to see Firehawk's old photo building being used as an entry way.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

BansheeBerry

Roller Poster
I really enjoyed riding Orion today, the first drop was phenomenal. The “wave turn” after the first drop was a very fun element that I enjoyed quite a bit. The biggest surprise for me was how fun the small hill before the brake run is. I will say however the trim sometimes seemed to hit a little to hard which killed some of the momentum for that floater hill which was disappointed. Overall I think this was a great addition to Kings Island.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but I've heard someone say they prefer this to Fury because they thought it was more intense... not sure what to make of that.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Sorry for double posting, but I've heard someone say they prefer this to Fury because they thought it was more intense... not sure what to make of that.
Sounds like bait, but as a local to KI, I'd still take this over Fury until I rode the latter. I'm just happy I don't have to drive across Ohio to get Millennium Force speeds on a coaster, now.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
These are the same people who had Cheetah Hunt as their #1 overall, change their top 5 after every new ride, and would probably say Ghostrider is better than Lightning Rod.

Yeah, called bull ****.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
I really enjoyed riding Orion today, the first drop was phenomenal. The “wave turn” after the first drop was a very fun element that I enjoyed quite a bit. The biggest surprise for me was how fun the small hill before the brake run is. I will say however the trim sometimes seemed to hit a little to hard which killed some of the momentum for that floater hill which was disappointed. Overall I think this was a great addition to Kings Island.

So what is the “wave turn” like?

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Surprised there's been no talk of the ride's IMAscore soundtrack:-

Would love a much longer sample, but that's gorgeous. Very similar to Galactica's, but different at the same time.
IMAScore's YouTube might release a full version when the ride officially opens. Just keep watching that channel.

Matt N

CF Legend
I guess we’ll just have to see... everyone has their different opinions on these things. Personally, from having seen a variety of footage of both but having ridden neither, I am quite a bit more excited for Fury than I am for Orion, but we all have different opinions, and I can definitely see why someone would like Orion more than Fury; for all we know, there might be sensations hidden in those elements that we don’t know about, or can’t see in the POVs. A POV cannot tell you how a coaster will ride, so I can definitely see that Orion might provide a very different sort of experience to Fury that some people may end up liking more.

For example, for all of Fury’s wonderful reviews, I’ve heard that it does not have much airtime compared to other B&M hypers, instead relying more on positive g’s and pacing as well as those huge, sweeping turns; judging by the layout, I could definitely see Orion having more airtime than Fury, and as such, some may like it more if they love airtime in a ride.

The way I see it is that Orion is the Lightning Rod to Fury’s Steel Vengeance. Fury is like Steel Vengeance in that it spreads its thrills over a really long ride duration, while Orion is like Lightning Rod in that it packs loads of really awesome elements into a ride duration that isn’t quite as long.

Bartzabel

Roller Poster
I still think people are overhyping Orion, I've seen people say it's better than Fury 325 and... SteVe... I did not ride Orion yet but my good friend was at the park today. They said Orion is good, but prefer Levi over it. They didn't get any airtime on the banked turn, small floater on the turn around but nothing special/the element was "meh". Speed hill was intense but Levi provides stronger airtime, big airtime hill was fun but the trims hit hard. They also said the helix was okay but intense, and the biggest surprise was the final turn into the break run, where you get a solid pop of air. They rank the B&M giga's as 1. Fury, 2. Levi, 3. Orion. All 3 solid rides though, definitely hope I can ride this thing soon (COVID had to F that up for everyone)

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I'd rather have nothing and them have spend an extra few bucks on the layout, but then call me old-fashioned...
Umm, I'm pretty sure that one or two pieces of coaster steel would have costed more than the entirety of the theming. I also love a good queue experience, especially when I'll be waiting hours inside of it.

This sort of comes across as whining tbh. I'm happy with what we got.