What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That looks to be beyond 90° doesn't it?
Just about - here's the POV rotated and adjusted for perspective of flat ground. Biggest question for this and the turnaround will be entry and exit speed, as that will greatly determine how much airtime there is, and where in the train it's located.

SCREEN SHOT 2019-11-24 AT 2.10.34 PM.png

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I can tell you already that you will be weightless through that turn from a side to side perspective relative to the rider. The track doesn't have any profiling that would kick a rider out of their seat either. I'm afraid it'll just be a sideways, weightless hill and that's it.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
I really think this is a big step for B&M and sideways airtime. It seems to be (having ridden no Gigas) that the entry and exit of the hill will be pretty decent floater depending on your seat and the main portion of the hill be be somewhere between -0.2 and 0.2 depending on your seat.

I called out earlier that the main focus of this ride airtime wise is sideways floater, with the second to last hill before brake run being possible flo-jector depending on the seat, and I think I'm right. Would I be more excited for outside banked airtime? Absolutely. But this first major hill is absolutely a sideways banked floater moment, and I'm excited.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Working on the backend turnaround (aka hill 3).

I've been driving to and from Cincy a lot recently for work. Still have yet to get a clear day to share a photo fo what the drives north and south towards the park looks like - but Orion is very predominant now.

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 10.26.59 AM.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
More views of first hill:
80389988_10159053716963368_8869759124447952896_o.jpg

Cars already arriving onsite: