What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Looking to the left of that picture, I just noticed how massive this thing will look from Adventure Express. Exactly like I imagined it to when I rode it last August.

Yes, because apart from...
A steep curving drop
Dive loop
Loop (around the lift hill)
Zero-G roll
Huge batwing
Another loop
Two helixes and an inline twist, this ride doesn't do anything.

Please explain your logic. I personally think it looks graceful and flows beautifully. I'd like to know why you think nothing at all happens on the entire layout.

owenrita121 said:
I really don't like how drawn out this ride is, it just doesn't seem to do anything.

I think it does stuff.

I personally dislike the appearance "large scale" B&M Coasters because they look like someone doing wide-arm radius sguiggles. (I love compact models. Maybe because there's a fetishism of having BIGGER COASTERS. I just find large scale tiresome. This is just a personal aesphetic preference.)

But since there are barely any "Big Sguiggle" B&M Inverts I don't mind Banshee's scale.

What I find more noticable is the clever colour scheme that subconsciously makes me want to eat artifically coloured Grade Red and Purple Ice Cream from a Kings Island Booth.

Ahhh, the uncanny ability of Cedar Fair to destroy aura of other rides. Adventure Express now takes on the sensation of riding the Mayflower while being broadsided by a speed motor boat.

My personal favorite was the general degradation of the Paddle Wheel Excursions boat ride at Cedar Point, which coped through the additions of Iron Dragon, Snake River Falls, Mantis, MF, and TTD.

Hyde244 said:
Ahhh, the uncanny ability of Cedar Fair to destroy aura of other rides. Adventure Express now takes on the sensation of riding the Mayflower while being broadsided by a speed motor boat.

My personal favorite was the general degradation of the Paddle Wheel Excursions boat ride at Cedar Point, which coped through the additions of Iron Dragon, Snake River Falls, Mantis, MF, and TTD.

...and you have described a part of why I say Cedar Fair removes the soul of the parks it touches. I swear, if they had ever actually bought Gilroy Gardens, they probably would have removed the circus trees within a year.

It is important to point out that I fully understand the tradeoffs you face with dropping a multi-million dollar roller coaster into a park, and the effect it will have on surrounding rides. But these things can be done with care - GateKeeper replaced two Cedar Point landmarks and destroyed everything else in its path like Mothra - but it still looks absolutely gorgeous and has transformed the Wicked Twister Midway so much for the better.

Keep doing that Cedar Fair! (Lord knows Kings Island wouldn't hurt for a new entrance design)

To be fair though; Enthusiasts are the worst... If a park doesn't add a worthwhile investment, they moan. If the park adds a new fantastic coaster, they moan because it's taking away from the aesthetic of a nearby ride thy probably don't bother with anyway? It just makes me laugh.

^ Which is why I add the disclaimer. Anyone who complains about receiving a shiny new roller coaster is a moron. But it is important to point out that these things can be done tastefully.

Kings Island has seen its fair share of this notion - many of its modern attractions replaced older nostalgic rides. Some of these placements were awkward, while others were appropriate. This is why I applaud Diamondback - it was a great addition with a unique footprint that did not offset other attractions. It was a win-win scenario.

Sorry, misread.

In other news - Ohio is still under a lot of snow. No testing for a while.

We have a train...

dWTDJKm.jpg

Looks the same as the Wingriders - which is a good thing.

The Yellow and turquoise colors will look really nice with the current colors of the supports and track. Also, I'll be curious if the new style trains make the viewing in the other rows any better? Maybe just a little less restricted viewing because there are only two big posts, compared to the traditional 4? Also, I'm kind of hoping this coaster and train create a resurgence in Inverted coasters and/or get parks to buy new trains for their current inverted coasters.

^ I don't think it will make that much of a difference, as the frame of the train remains relatively the same.

The wingrider restraints will simply allow slightly less restriction on the upper body, but not that much - restraint is still rather taught.