What's new

Kings Dominion | Twisted Timbers | RMC I-Box (Hurler Conversion)

Pear

Strata Poster
It really isn't even that slow though. I assume because it was early in the morning and the train was empty that the ride valleyed.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I was told by the ops that it was weather related. Went from mid-70 degrees on friday to the 30's on saturday morning, just didnt have the oomph to get into the brakes. Props to them however, they got the train transferred off and opened the ride at about 7pm yesterday, and both trains are running today!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
giphy.gif

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That's the second time I've seen maintenance do that to the track. They start to move the transfer table and it grinds to a halt cause it rubs on the other rail. I just find it hilarious that their best option is to break out the biggest saw they have and literally cut off the problematic part of the rail

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe the ride was assembled in cold weather, and thermal expansion set in when spring/summer arrived? Not sure if a coaster is big enough to be significantly affected, but apparently it's a real concern for railroad tracks.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Maybe the ride was assembled in cold weather, and thermal expansion set in when spring/summer arrived? Not sure if a coaster is big enough to be significantly affected, but apparently it's a real concern for railroad tracks.
If that was true however, it's difficult to see how RMC's built in far colder winter climates have not seen same same problems.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Screamscape reported today one train operation over the weekend, as possible precaution related to SV's bump. However, at the same time, multi-train operation has been reported from Cedar Point. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯