What's new

Kings Dominion | Twisted Timbers | RMC I-Box (Hurler Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Some more great drone shots. Progress seems to have moved to laying cement for the queue line.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I don't know if I've already said this, but I think it's hilarious how the track has to shift ever so slightly to the right to enter the transfer track from the main brakes.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
It seems as if they will be testing soon!
From KD's website
Happy February! It’s hard to believe that in a little over a month the front gates will open for our 2018 season and the midways will be filled with our awesome guests. As you know, the talented Rocky Mountain Construction team and our own great maintenance teams have been hard at work getting Twisted Timbers ready for riders. They are working on mechanical and electrical elements of the ride now, and soon we will begin running trains for testing. IT’S ALL HAPPENING!
https://www.kingsdominion.com/blog/big-changes-coming-to-candy-apple-grove

bmac

Giga Poster
Giving a bump, Twisted Timbers has not officially tested yet as they're waiting to finish pouring for the new queue. Due to the layout of the ride it is difficult to get into the centerfield with a large vehicle, especially something like a cement truck.

Also be scared for the larger folk. I'm told the 2nd gen RMC trains might have even tighter tolerances than the 1st gens.

Pear

Strata Poster
818c5d6d5a0082482676afb632e61e7a.jpg
5f932c2abf0a2990f79d8e3cbdded58b.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
Also be scared for the larger folk. I'm told the 2nd gen RMC trains might have even tighter tolerances than the 1st gens.

Quick question, larger in terms of height or... chub? I'm 6'1" but not fat so I'm hoping for the future that it's a chub thing and not as much a height issue...

balrog

Mega Poster
Quick question, larger in terms of height or... chub? I'm 6'1" but not fat so I'm hoping for the future that it's a chub thing and not as much a height issue...
6'3" here, I mist say i've never seen a coaster for grown ups with a height ceiling under 6'5", and I really hope I never do.

bmac

Giga Poster
Chubs. If you have a gut or thick thighs they might give you trouble.