What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

spicy

Giga Poster
Update: Latest concept art unveiled.

CG_Festival_Leisure_Park_Basildon_picture_2019-05-16-15-13-13_p6_600x467.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
It's strange describing it as "losses" like that - obviously the company won't have any revenue until the park opens
Keep dreaming, sweetie. People will continue to "start this again" until goons stop thinking this is gonna happen ;)

toofpikk

Mega Poster
8 years, and still no planning application.
the fact they've got a residual land value suggests they could be close. You don't put a figure down for the land until you've got all your other costs and paperwork lined up. Hopefully there is good news there. Obviously I am being wildly optimistic after this projects track record but am keen to do an old 'wait and see' on it one more time.

bdrizzyb

Roller Poster
I'm hoping this is just not a local leisure mall, I believe in the project and have hope that it will become the best theme park in the UK (proper theme park), fingers crossed for this, had faith in this project since day one so hope it isn't a disappointment!

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, it would seem we have an update: https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/theme-park-boss-recovers-from-coronavirus-226181/

COVID-19 does not seem to have deterred the park's developers thus far, and PY Gerbeau himself even recently recovered from the disease. They intend for the planning permission to be submitted in Q4 of 2020, and the park itself is targeted for 2024. The developers say that their motivation is "greater than ever" to build the resort, and they still believe that the demand will be there post-COVID. They have also continued to discuss the details of the development during lockdown, frequently holding Zoom calls to discuss details of the park.

I must admit, my confidence has been renewed after reading that article! I was a little unsure as to whether the project would get cancelled with the current situation, as surely if there's a time to put the brakes on a project like this, it's now, but to me, the fact that they're still pressing on in spite of the pandemic's economic consequences proves to me that there is genuine motivation to open!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
but to me, the fact that they're still pressing on in spite of the pandemic's economic consequences proves to me that there is genuine motivation to open!
No, the fact that they're still pressing on in spite of the pandemic's economic consequences proves that there is genuine motivation to keep baiting investors. Big difference.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Aah @Matt N, I admire your optimism. A lot of us had that once as well, but after seeing countless of projects like this going nowhere, we've all become a bit cynical. - It's not because we're miserable enthusiasts who likes to shoot down projects like this, we're just wise of injury and don't want to get our hopes up just to be disappointed again. With these things, I now just tell myself "I'll believe it when it's open and running".

I think that the article could potentially be a sign, however I am learning to stay more grounded with projects. Like other people, I'll wait for official confirmation that the plans are approved