What's new

Is it a cred? - A general discussion topic

rob666

Hyper Poster
It was always in my mental list of coasters to do if the tickets/cash lasted that far.
First rode it at Belle Vue, but I missed the Bobs by a year sadly.
Bit like you and the Mouse I suppose.
But I still cry for the Reel.
Now that was a coaster.
Probably.

Matt N

CF Legend
It was always in my mental list of coasters to do if the tickets/cash lasted that far.
First rode it at Belle Vue, but I missed the Bobs by a year sadly.
Bit like you and the Mouse I suppose.
But I still cry for the Reel.
Now that was a coaster.
Probably.
I think Virginia Reel might actually be on RCDB!

rideguy70

Mega Poster
I've been having similar thoughts about the Sky Warp going in at SF Discovery Kingdom. I generally don't count Larson Loops and their ilk as credits, but this one? Not as sure, as well as the possible upcoming Sky Horizon coming to Sea World San Diego.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I can at least 'see' the argument with the Sky Warp. Its different from the Larson Loop since the "train" isn't connected the whole way around but it does seem like at all points at least some part of the elongated "train" is in contact with the booster wheels... so is it ever really 'coasting'?.... I don't wanna call it a coaster/credit until I see it in person // ride one... but at least I can see why RCDB/others would give the Warp the benefit of being a coaster. Even if I don't personally agree with it.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I counted Vikingar and the Water Chute from Rhyl, mostly because they WERE on RCDB when I started counting stuff, and that was before I started making my own decisions on what should count.

RCDB removing them hasn't made me take them off my count, though they're clearly debatable.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yeah, I never understood the removal of those rides.... Yet all of those steel Water Chute coasters in India are listed.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to keep replying to this thread, but I have another conundrum; Fuga de Atlantide, the Intamin water ride at Gardaland. Now, I'm stuck with this one, because it's not on RCDB, but Captain Coaster classes it as a cred and it has coaster track, but by the logic of it having coaster track, then rides like Dudley Do-Right at IOA also become credits. I'm stumped. What do you guys think?

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
^ It’s probably one of the less coaster-y “coasters” I count in terms of logic, but how I feel is that it spends a decent amount of time on coaster track, and has cable lift hills which I also associate with coasters. Though, I don’t exactly count creds following a set of principles, just how I feel on a ride-to-ride basis, so I’m not gonna attempt to use logic to prove it’s a cred. That’s just too messy for me ;)

Matt N

CF Legend
^ It’s probably one of the less coaster-y “coasters” I count in terms of logic, but how I feel is that it spends a decent amount of time on coaster track, and has cable lift hills which I also associate with coasters. Though, I don’t exactly count creds following a set of principles, just how I feel on a ride-to-ride basis, so I’m not gonna attempt to use logic to prove it’s a cred. That’s just too messy for me ;)
Ah OK. Thanks @CookieCoasters! Would you say that Fuga is a cred to the same sort of extent that a SuperSplash is, for example?

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Ah OK. Thanks @CookieCoasters! Would you say that Fuga is a cred to the same sort of extent that a SuperSplash is, for example?

Well, I guess SuperSplash’s are slightly more cred-worthy since they coast upwards, but then something like Ripaw Falls also “coasts” upwards so again, that gets a bit messy. I just think: SuperSplash’s are water coasters (creds), Ripsaw Falls is a log flume (not a cred).

vaugc002

Mega Poster

pajama sam

Roller Poster
Gravity powered for most of the layout only uses a tire to launch like any other coaster with drive tires, it's a credit don't @ me (edgy funny emojis)
8f77a917715e040315029c8d2edd3157.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

gengarhaunts87

Roller Poster
new to counting my credits, and there are some i'm a little confused over. i've always counted a name change as a new roller coaster credit i.e how at carowinds top gun became afterburn, or how at universal isle of adventure dueling dragons became harry potter dragon challenge, but it feels kind of weird. i kind of want to be official with my count and not have fake credits to boost my count. so does a name change count or no it doesn't. also i do count dueling coasters as 2 credits, but only if they are different track layouts. don't really see how calling thunder road or rebel yell as 2 credits when each track was the same.

Edward M

Strata Poster
new to counting my credits, and there are some i'm a little confused over. i've always counted a name change as a new roller coaster credit i.e how at carowinds top gun became afterburn, or how at universal isle of adventure dueling dragons became harry potter dragon challenge, but it feels kind of weird. i kind of want to be official with my count and not have fake credits to boost my count. so does a name change count or no it doesn't.
source.gif

also i do count dueling coasters as 2 credits
source.gif

, but only if they are different track layouts. don't really see how calling thunder road or rebel yell as 2 credits when each track was the same.
giphy.gif

rideguy70

Mega Poster
If the name has changed, but the coaster hasn't, I wouldn't count it.

However, I personally do count it if a coaster gets relocated. I know others wouldn't, which is fair, but I feel it's a very different ride experience in a new location. I just look to the fact that Phoenix at Knobels rides reportedly rides better in it's new location than it's previous location.

Besides, if you didn't count that, how could you then count cloned coasters as separate credits (such as all the various identical B&M Batman clones, or the very common Galaxi or Wacky Worm)? Although I suppose some people don't.