What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

Pear

Strata Poster
Dc9G-V6UwAAK_g2.png

Dc9GlFNUQAAg0Vu.png

Dc9Hm4yV4AYVAc2.jpg

Dc9KBHxUQAEdACV.png

Source

Last edited:

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Sounds great, but are these details confirmed or just speculation based on somebody's idea of what would make a good ride?

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
For some reason I had it in my mind that this was another screen-based dark ride/coaster. Very pleased to see that it is not.

Lofty

CF Legend
I think at most there's going to be four? Two of which might be part of the same section (forwards/backwards launch).

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
What's the current record for the most launches on a coaster? (Includes each acceleration pass on a single section of track.)

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Off the top of my head, the coaster with the most launches that’s not an Impulse or Skyrocket II is Cheetah Hunt with a total of 3.

[EDIT] Mummy at the other Orlando park also has three launches according to RCDB.

Last edited:

lachlan

Mega Poster
Looks good, though I'm trying not to follow the construction too closely so it's a nice surprise when I visit.

I'm don't miss the Dragons any more - I never got to ride them dueling anyway, and this will be a much better fit for the area IMO

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Off the top of my head, the coaster with the most launches that’s not an Impulse or Skyrocket II is Cheetah Hunt with a total of 3.

[EDIT] Mummy at the other Orlando park also has three launches according to RCDB.

Fiorano GT Challenge at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has four. Or eight, if you count both of the tracks. The electricians routing power to the attraction certainly would count all of them, at least.

Matt N

CF Legend
There's Fiorano GT challenge with 4 launches a side, but I mean overall acceleration boosts, so you can count impulse coasters, but which coaster has the most launch accelerations?
I think that would probably go to a half pipe or something?

Or maybe Mission Ferrari, which apparently has 5 launches, would take the record?