What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

Matt N

CF Legend
I don't think this is going to be as slow as some are assuming in certain areas of the ride.
I agree! The launches could be fast for all we know!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out; I absolutely adore IOA (and Universal Orlando as a whole!), and all the present Potter stuff is absolutely breathtaking! Even more so for me, as I'm a big Harry Potter fan!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the physical coaster hardware; Intamin's family coasters are fantastic from what I've ridden, and this looks very twisty and fun! Even though I'm not a huge Intamin fan (likely due to the fact that I am yet to ride any of their properly highly acclaimed coasters), I have faith in them to pull off something excellent here!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The section with 3 tube track looks quite drawn out but also quite banked. Based on this, I'd assume speeds of around 60-70mph around that section.

Matt N

CF Legend
Could that potentially mean that we could be seeing Taron of the USA with the actual coaster portion of this?

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Probably not, ATI's claim was incredibly baseless. Yes the black track looks like Tarons but it's hard to get a sense of scale from those photos. Seeing as they'll push this as a family coaster I doubt we'll see anything over 50mph. Also if you look at the speculation layout video this thing is constantly stopping and starting, I don't think there's a coaster section between brakes and show sections long enough to get up to serious speed.

peep

CF Legend
I love it when Bio posts new aerial photos. Construction seems to have really picked up. Will be interesting to see how big the circular building will get. I'm still a little weirded out by the duel drop track but it'll really help push the capacity. I think with all the stop/starts they're going to be pushing for the biggest capacity possible (will certainly need it).

Peet

Giga Poster
I'm still a little weirded out by the duel drop track but it'll really help push the capacity.

Yeah I guess the double drop-track tells us there's a fairly long show before and/or after the actual drop such that each train will reach the drop track before the one before it has cleared it.
I wonder if they will time it so that you get to hear or even see the train before you drop.

Lofty

CF Legend
Or it tells us that they need to keep it running smooth and fast (operationally) to ensure a high volume throughput and, my guess is, as a secondary in case they have the same issues that Thirteen still faces.

Pear

Strata Poster
From what I've heard the reason there are 2 drop tracks is to boost capacity as it means that one train can run the drop track sequence while the other track is resetting and it'll allow them to run the ride if one of the tracks is down as well. This will not only boost capacity but it will allow the ride to run untrimmed as 13 needs the trim to allow the ride to go slower and give the drop track more time to reset.

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
Really hard to see what anyone is excited about with this one, even if it weren't directly replacing Dueling Dragons. It's a launched adult-sized Rollerskater.

Lofty

CF Legend
Because most members in here have faith in Universal Creative to deliver yet another incredibly experience. In reality, neither of the Dragon Challenge coasters were standout, they filled a little bit of time each day but you never thought "I MUST RIDE THEM OVER AND OVER", whereas I know a lot of people do with the likes of Escape from Gringotts and Forbidden Journey. My point is, no matter what ride type it is, as an overall experience, this is going to be great and I'd prefer an amazing and immersive overall experience over a mediocre coaster or two.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Also because you can find an inverted coaster of a similar scale at your average regional park, whereas the replacement for DC cannot.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Oh wow, taken at a decent speed, this could be the best coaster at Universal, possibly even Orlando. I think it will remain a family friendly ride so, no Taron, but I imagine it will be a wonderful addition and have legendary night rides.

Really hard to see what anyone is excited about with this one, even if it weren't directly replacing Dueling Dragons. It's a launched adult-sized Rollerskater

giphy.gif