Which do you prefer?

• Intamin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B&M

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Leighton

Mega Poster
Intamins: Stealth, Collosus, Rita, Pegasus, Balder, Kanonen and Speed Monster.
B&Ms: Nemmy, Inferno, Oblivion and Air

I have yet to experience a bad run on any of the 4 B&Ms, but I have had plenty on Collosus, Stealth, Rita, Pegasus and Kanonen.
Balder and Speed Monster are the only 2 I couldn't find faults with.

Just these two make it a very close call, but I still prefer B&M.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
B&M, smoother, look nicer (just). They are more comfortable aswell and feel better designed.

xsupaxmanx

Roller Poster
I love a lot of B&M coasters but I really love the airtime that a lot of Intamin coasters give you. El Toro, my favorite coaster is Intamin and Superman Ride of Steel(New England) is one of my favorites. And I also love Kingda Ka! I do like a lot of B&M's though like Batman The Ride(Great Adventure) and Nitro. I guess I pefer the speed and forces that Intamin provides. I very much love both of them, I just like Intamin better.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well I have finally been on a few more Intamin and B&M coasters so for now I am going to say B&M because the only Intamin I have been on that really impressed me was Furius Baco which was awesome.

But I say as soon as I get on an Intamin mega/woodie it will change.

Almost

Hyper Poster
B&M is really hit or miss.

Medusa SUCKS.
S:UF has 2 shining moments.
Nitro is good.
Hydra is good.
B:TR kicks ASS.

While Intamin never ceases to amaze me.

Kingda Ka, S:RoS, El Toro, Storm Runner.

Drinki

Roller Poster
intamin

Intamin make great giga and hyper coasters and B&M make super inverts but Intamin make launches which just clinches it for me :D

Ben

CF Legend
I'm for B&M.

Intamin have some moments of perfection, but then they make coasters like Colossus and just ruin their reputation.

Whereas at least the rides B&M make that are **** aren't as bad as Intamin's bad coasters.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I have to go B&M too, but that's based on a very small number of B&M's ridden, but quite an extensive number of Intamin's.

The Intamin rides all disappoint in some way. They should be good, but just don't make the grade. Even the renowned "Balder" is at third in my woody list, and then it's pretty close between it and a Vekoma woody.

They just should be great, but they never are for some reason. The only stand out Intamin for me is Speed Monster, and that ranks as smooth and fun as I'd expect a duller B&M (a floorless, or one of their poorer loopers) to be. That's just going on the views of people like Ben and UC though.

I'd like to ride one of their Giga coasters, or Maverick to see what they can really pull off when they try, but I suspect Ka and TTD are just taller, faster versions of Stealth, which leaves me pretty cold.

So, I just need to get more than 4 B&M's under my belt to prove my theory! :)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Most definatley B&M. There rides are of a much higher quality than intamin, although intamin have more diverse rides, B&M have that quality that i think is best.

I suppose you could say B&M have the X-factor!

Echoes

Mega Poster
Iridium made a great point. While I couldn't decide between the great launches of Intamin and the sheer force and comfort of B&M, B&M gets the upper hand for making reliable rides that don't break down every :hothot: day.

And UC, do you think KK's launch is stronger than XLC's?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Intamin are a bit of a **** up company. I read a comment that B&M are hit and miss, but Intamin are too. At least B&M don't kill people in the process.

B&M are the most professional company out of all of them. Safety is their top priority. They are reliable too. They may not make the best of the best coasters, but in terms of a company they are the best overall. They make a a more thurough (reliable) variety.

So yes, Air had problems when it opened. But as far as i'm awear, all the other flyers sicne havn't. (feel free to correct me?) :p Unlike accelerators.

But on the down side, they don't take risks. Hm, is this a down side...?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Previously I have been a heavy supporter of B&M, but lately, I just feel they haven't been nearly as innovative and original with their designs such as Intamin has, especially in comparison to such Intamin creations as El Toro and Maverick.

B&M, though they build high quality rides, simply hasn't brought anything new to the table, which in my mind marks a truly great coaster company (i.e. Arrow Dynamics).

Yes, there are all these rumors about the Railgun Technology and such, but until I actually see B&M think truly outside of the box, it's Intamin for me.

Snoo

The Legend
Look at my Top 5 below, you'll get your answer.

B&M uses tried and trusted designs to deliever, but nothing is truly out of the world unique. Intamin's do that.. which most of the time, make for a sweet ride. Intamin for me.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
B&M, though they build high quality rides, simply hasn't brought anything new to the table, which in my mind marks a truly great coaster company (i.e. Arrow Dynamics).
...I really do not get this logic at all.

So REGARDLESS of how crappy the result is, innovation and originality is the way to go?

Yes. Sure.

John91

Mega Poster
I think both types of coaster are superb, but B&M edges it for me. From a GP point of view though, the intimidating nature of intamins would prove better. B&M for me though:D

A

Anonymous

Its a really tough choice but i would have to say intamin because it has made a lot of world class coasters and it made a lot of my favorite coasters.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
B&M does have their unique rides. (diveing, flying, inverts, ect...) The only thing that bugs me about them is: They refuse to build over 300 feet.

Intamin on the other hand does not have such unique rides, but they invent new stuff to put on their old designs. Thus creating a better experience.

Intamin wins for me.