Which do you prefer?

• Intamin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B&M

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angel

Hyper Poster
After alot of thinking it would have to be B&M.

First coaster I went on was one of theres (Top Gun, PGA). My favourite local coaster is one of theirs (N:I, TP) and my favourite I've ever been on is one of theres (Air, AT) so they kinda have to win it in that respect.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
these are the B&M's i have been on: Nemesis, Oblivion, Air, Inferno, Dragon Khan.
Intamins: Rita, Colosuss, Indiana Jones and the temple of doom (backwards and forwards)

So my choice in what i prefer is B&M, i just love that roar of it, it gets me going for it, i know Indy has the B&M roar as well going through the loop, i do like the diversity of B&M and what they have come up with!

kir

Hyper Poster
I added a poll to this topic as it's easier to see the overall result.

It's a tough call really... R-QoS is my favourite coaster at AT and at TP, NI has recently started lagging behind Colossus... which I personally find devestating as it used to be my favourite coaster! B&M are very aesthetic and ride wonderfully, but Intamin just has that raw potential, you can feel the track flying past below your feet, or above your head in some cases. A rough Intamin seems to provide, a rough B&M seems out of place and just wrong. For example Rita seems to have that rough edge that adds to the thrill. But Nemesis is rough in all the wrong ways, the train just feels boxy and it throws itself into elements.

At the moment, Intamin just about win. But that could change, as I can't deny B&M do make some delicious coasters.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I'm decided...

Yes B&M can do compact designs but the limmited theming possibilites you can do with it, well... tbh, isnt very much.

Intamin, you can stick planks of wood on the track to enhance the ride and the compact designs which they can easily play around with unlike B&M and their restrictions on elements. Now thats class.

Intamin please.

kir

Hyper Poster
I do agree. Take B&M who refused to make a compact 10 looper or a launched inverter for TP. Just imagine Colossus and Nemesis Inferno if TP got what they originally wanted! Intamin seem to offer a lot more flexibility.

kir

Hyper Poster
Since always. Thorpe Park wanted it to feature a Hulk-esque launch through the themed tunnel before hitting the lift hill.

Jake

Strata Poster
Intamin, nobodys mentioned the flat rides, The GyroSwing and MultiDrop are some of the best flats around.

Paul

Roller Poster
Ben Hodgson said:
Intamin can't make rollercoasters that work in the rain. B&M have the upper hand of making smooth reliable coasters. But they just do the same old things over and over, whereas Intamin always seem to innovate more.

So its quite hard to choose. I'd say a draw.

What the hell are you talking about? Almost any coaster can run in the rain...and you must be retarded if you mean rocket coasters. There's too much of a risk when launching a coaster in the rain, so most parks will close the coaster. Other than that, all Intamin coasters can work in the rain. I've seen Superman: Ride of Steel at SFNE run during a minor thunderstorm, with torrential downpours.

As for the two companies...I'd definately going with Intamin...but B&M are a lot better than my previous opinion of them, after making a trip to the Florida parks. All the B&M's I rode in Florida were very intense and great coasters...but others elsewhere are pretty forceless. But, I prefer Intamin's intense coasters to B&M's too-smooth, often-forceless ones.

A

Anonymous

No, I'm talking about the fact that Intamin use kicker wheels to get their trains into stations. Kicker wheels are just tyres and when the tyres get wet from the rain they slip on the underside of the trains and the trains get stuck in the brakes, or station if its an open air one.

Its a well known common problem with lots of Intamin coasters.

Paul

Roller Poster
^Which types of Intamin coasters usually feature these wheels? There are vertical wheels on the brake run of Superman: Ride of Steel that push the train into the station...but I've never seen a problem with these. I've seen Superman run flawlessly through a torrential downpour. Unless it's just a station thing...in which case Superman's station has a roof. Also...if there were a rubber covering or tire on these wheels, then there would be enough friction to not slip.

A

Anonymous

It sounds like those are the same yes. From what I've heard/experienced Colossus, Rita, Goliath (Walibi World) all have fairly big problems with it, and they aren't the only ones I'm sure.

It might be that Superman has different tyres, or that its just lucky, but the day Intamin switch to pinch brakes or keep kicker wheels BUT put their brake runs on a slight incline will mean their coasters are a lot more reliable in wet weather.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
For me it has to be B&M although, like az I don't have a lot of experience of intamin. I agree with Joey that smoothness and reliability play a great part in my enjoyment of a coaster.

A

Anonymous

mark.w said:
Intamin coasters are less rough.
Are you sure you know what your talking about?
B&M for me, out of the intamin coasters ive ridden all B&M's ive ridden beat these, except N:I.

c&r

Mega Poster
OMG! Will you people stop slating freaking intamin? I'm pretty sure mark.w does know what hes talking about, intamin are the same level of smoothness as B&M, if not more, just remind me fool, what intamins have you ridden?

A

Anonymous

Beemrs or Intamins

It's a hard call, but it has to be Intamin. Intamin makes one type of coaster Beemers don't, and that is the Impulse coaster. I'm always going to be tugged from both sides on which is better Wicked Twister or Steel Venom at Geauga Lake.

Tim.

A

Anonymous

Ive only ridden a few intamins, and the same amounts of B&M's.Just happens that i prefer B&M. And B&M is alot smoother than intamin.
Ive ridden Tornado[s?rk?nniemi], Half Pipe[s?rk?nniemi],colossus[Thorpe Park], and Rita[AT].
and the B&M's:Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Oblivion, Air

Paul

Roller Poster
c&r said:
OMG! Will you people stop slating freaking intamin? I'm pretty sure mark.w does know what hes talking about, intamin are the same level of smoothness as B&M, if not more, just remind me fool, what intamins have you ridden?

Yeah, I agree...people here all seem to be judging Intamin on Colossus at Thorpe Park...

I wouldn't say Intamin are as smooth as B&M, though, but it depends on which Intamin you're talking about, I guess. I've heard Millennium Force, Thunder Dolphin, Dragster, Kingda Ka, and a few others are supposed to be extremely smooth like B&M's, but some of their newer coasters aren't that smooth. The only newer Intamin coaster I can base smoothness on right now is Superman: Ride of Steel at SFNE...and it's not rough at all, but it's not even close to being B&M smooth, which I like. I think the slight roughness of the track makes you feel like you're going much faster, especially when you're sitting in a wheel seat.

A

Anonymous

Intamin v. B&M

Paul, Millie is extremely smooth! There was NO jarring, or anything like that at all. the only non Beemer/Intamin coaster that i found was almost as smooth was phantom's Revenge, minus the little jarring from the bottom of the first hill into that bit of straight track.

Tim.

A

Anonymous

Intamin Mega coasters. thats all I have to say

EDIT - If you're going to piss everyone off by bumping 2 year old topics, than at least have the common courtesy to add something to them. This is basically spam. Gavin.