What's new

Ideas for Thorpe Park 2015 and 2012 coaster

Mark

Strata Poster
Well if they were to get a hyper I think it must be insisted that they have one of those fancy 'ampersands' thingies, or at least something equally unusual etc. Going on the notion that the station would be on the island behind Stealth; imagine plonking that ampersands helix thing in the middle of Loggers. <3

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Idea! Put those hideous scream guards on the cars like they did on some of the shot towers, that'll stop them flying in your gob! :roll:

deeve15

Roller Poster
Well Enigma shadow it hasnt stopped Alton Towers instaling a eurofighter next to Oblivion. A myth in the coaster world is that B&M stand ups are no good has anyone rode Riddlers at Magic Mountain which for me is one of the best coasters. I think we can rule out Woodies,Intamin mega lites,B&M flyers,B&M Floorless Stand ups and sit downs. B&M hyper may happen 2018 not 2015. My money is on a Intamin LSM launch coaster on the lines of Maverick. I wouldnt mind this type of coaster although i not sure how smooth they are. If it is to be an Intamin they must spend big on it not go for there cheap crap.

andrus

Giga Poster
^Intamin LSMs are as smooth as any other new Intamin. iSpeed was glass smooth when I rode it two years ago. But all the "old" (>5 years) Intamins I've been on have unfortunately been more or less rough..

Edit: with the exception of Goliath :p (so I'm sure there's more of them)

marc

CF Legend
deeve15 said:
Well Enigma shadow it hasnt stopped Alton Towers instaling a eurofighter next to Oblivion. A myth in the coaster world is that B&M stand ups are no good has anyone rode Riddlers at Magic Mountain which for me is one of the best coasters. I think we can rule out Woodies,Intamin mega lites,B&M flyers,B&M Floorless Stand ups and sit downs. B&M hyper may happen 2018 not 2015. My money is on a Intamin LSM launch coaster on the lines of Maverick. I wouldnt mind this type of coaster although i not sure how smooth they are. If it is to be an Intamin they must spend big on it not go for there cheap crap.

Altons coaster does not have a virtical drop in the plans.

Yes have done riddlers and it's boring, looks good though. It was actually my 1st stand up coaster, but I can see why no one bothers with them.

Thorpe is to small to have 2 launched coasters. CP get away with it as the 2 rides are not next to each other, at Thorpe they would be.

The uk has no good hyper coasters so it's just simply perfect to get one. Plus Thorpe have enough inverting coasters.

Colossus

Giga Poster
^ Agreed. Only SFMM has more inversions then Thorpe Park.

A hyper would be a really good addition to any park over here, same as a new woodie would be, but its all just speculation. It could be anything, we probably have roughly two years before we know.

Lofty

CF Legend
deeve15 said:
IT MIGHT NOT BE A **** EUROFIGHTER. Yes, it may be Gerslauer, but not Eurofighter, so before you start to try and correct people, look at the facts.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
Thorpe are always looking for new and innovative rides.

Is that why they went for a Eurofighter...

And an Intamin Accelerator, and a B&M inverted coaster...

The only times Thorpe have been innovative was when they installed Colossus, Slammer, Rush and now The Swarm...

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'd say its a bit far fetched for a park claim that they are 'innovative' for bringing a ride to their park, that they dont already have.

Especially when, for example, a Eurofighter opened 2 years before Saw, just 50 miles away. So I'd imagine a lot of Thorpe's audience probably had been on one already.

deeve15

Roller Poster
The cynic in me suggests that Alton Towers will build a Eurofighter with no track. To suggest Thorpe wouldnt build another launch coaster because they already have one is the same as not building a coaster with another lift hill. If B&M get there launch coaster up and running in the next few years Thorpe would be one of those parks interested. Would anyone object to one of Macks launch coasters no im sure we wouldnt.

deeve15

Roller Poster
Hopefully with The Swarm Merlin will realise that if you build it they will come. They have an Inverted,Rocket,Multi looper,Wing Rider and Saw. I got a suspicion that Thorpe maybe working with Verkoma on a design for 2015. I think this coaster will have some sort of dark element to it. This for me is the best part of a new coaster trying to figure out what it will be.

Ethan

Strata Poster
deeve15 said:
Hopefully with The Swarm Merlin will realise that if you build it they will come. They have an Inverted,Rocket,Multi looper,Wing Rider and Saw. I got a suspicion that Thorpe maybe working with Verkoma on a design for 2015. I think this coaster will have some sort of dark element to it. This for me is the best part of a new coaster trying to figure out what it will be.

Please could you re-post this in the 'Complete Bull' forum. I feel it's spamming this topic :roll:

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
UC said:
^So, any sources for that, other than the deepest region of your ass?

Aww, c'mon. It's still an 'ideas' topic and I for one would welcome a Vekoma mine train coaster replacing X. It's an idea. Right?

I mean...
UC said:
The first wing-walker hasn't even been opened yet, and you guys think Thorpe just bought one?

You're all ridiculous, seriously. Can we at least keep the topic on the ground for three pages before you guys go all starry-eyed fanboy?
..came from your arse. We all make 'ikkle mistakes.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Cool, a small family coaster with no loops or launches... the general public will LOVE that -_-

deeve15

Roller Poster
The rumour comes from some years back. They were going to build some sort of mine train type ride i think on the site of what was Treasure Island going back to 1980s. I think a ride along the lines of Expedition Everest/13 with switching tracks airtime hills and a possible dark section would be right up Vekoma Streak.