What's new

Icarus Intamin Rocket, Completed, Download P1

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Long time no rides, my newest ride is a large Intamin Rocket coaster, called Icarus. The ride features 3 inversion, a junior cobra roll and two Intamin style s-hills. Putting the finishing touches on, will be available soon.

3D's are not mine!
2m4a7pv.jpg

73fbex.jpg

Feedback please, also, I got no response to my last ride, Demon, here is the link again, feedback for that here too:
55pl3t.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5wonz2zmmuz

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Demon was so pumpy and misshapen, I don't think I should rate it or you'd be disappointed...
The Intamin looks good as it goes, though the 3DS looks far too repetitive to even be considered sh*t-3DS work.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
As I said, they are not mine, and I have no patience, skill or desire to make my own.
Demon is pumpy, but that is because something went wrong with it and I only noticed long after uploading it, but it runs too fast now, at first it ran fine, but for some reason it's too fast, most notably at the brake into the tunnel and entering the final brake. Before hand, it was not too bad, and the s-bend after the seccond airtime hill and before the turn into the corkscrew is intentional, not bad building.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Uncle Arly said:
I'm not a fan of the colours. Why have you called it a Jr. Cobra, it looks pretty big to me.

It's called a Jr. Cobra because it does not fully invert, same as a Jr. Immelmann, such as the one found on Black Mamba, is named as such because it does not fully invert.

I want to keep the colours, or atleast keep them similar, I quite like them to be honest, but I will take your advice and try other colours.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I know this is a double, sorry and all that...

Changed the colours to dark blue and gold, I think it is an improvement, what do you think, also, I may do a car texture.

21vr60.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I hate it when people build their ride through ground and put a tunnel around, it's still not a tunnel!

The colours are okay, but can you save your screens with a higher quality so they look better?

Xpress

Strata Poster
Make 3Ds! Just use the texture from the NL teratextures folder, then build a structure around the track.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I will not make my own tunnells, and I will keep the tunnels I have. This is a game. Pretend that the tunnels work.

Lain

Giga Poster
Having Intamin track with lots of different colours always looks lame. It should be one colour for all of it.

Also, vertical loops with quad-rail = ew.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Well I have chosen to ignore your two points because I like the dark blue and gold colours and the loop needs quad-rail because of it's size and the forces involoved.

In the end I did not due a car texture, I just have one blue train and one gold one.

I have finished the track at long last and think I've got it good as I can, if you find anything wrong with it I will fix it and get it back up here ASAP

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tzujnwjnmzm

Xpress

Strata Poster
Blaze said:
Well I have chosen to ignore your two points because I like the dark blue and gold colours and the loop needs quad-rail because of it's size and the forces involoved.

In the end I did not due a car texture, I just have one blue train and one gold one.

I have finished the track at long last and think I've got it good as I can, if you find anything wrong with it I will fix it and get it back up here ASAP

Those two colors, while they fit, are not realistic in the manner you have used them. Intamin has NEVER done multi colored rails, they have always stuck to the same color the whole track. There are different colored sections of track, such as on TTD, KK, or Stealth, but those are solid colors. I'll rate when I get home too BTW. No NL on this pc.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Xpress said:
Blaze said:

Those two colors, while they fit, are not realistic in the manner you have used them. Intamin has NEVER done multi colored rails, they have always stuck to the same color the whole track. There are different colored sections of track, such as on TTD, KK, or Stealth, but those are solid colors. I'll rate when I get home too BTW. No NL on this pc.
Hold on. Am I mistaken or was it Xpress who would always defend multicoloured coasters saying he could do what he liked? If he's changed his way then... wow... he might actually see the sense is hand building and not using tools.

Then again...

Dave

CF Legend
That Floorless deserves 0/10 because I made it valley twice. Once just after the it comes off the train and after that pathetic brake run at the end.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
he might actually see the sense is hand building and not using tools.

HELL ****ING NO!!!!!!!!!! I WILL USE TOOLS IF I SO ****ING PLEASE

Do you even know why? It's because tools allow you to use your brain, in a much much more advanced manner than simply handbuilding can do. Also, coasters, such as GG, Intamin PnP woodies, or GCI need to use tools to get the shapping proper. It is quite literally impossible to get the proper shapping, force, and transition without the use of elementary. Not even loefet can get the shapping proper on a GCI, GG, or Intamin PnP woodie.

And I have friends who can back up this statement.