What's new

Icarus Intamin Rocket, Completed, Download P1

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Could have sworn Colossus had white ties, oh well...who cares that much, Intamin would paint it different colours if the customer wanted them, and it's not as if this is real anyway.

There is nothing wrong with using tools, all that matters is the end product, and using tools can help you hand build by looking at the way they shape and bank your track.

Btw, can we get back to the ride rather than yet another debate about tools.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^But this is more fun. :lol:

I'm going to give my final piece. I'm not saying that tools building is easy. I never once said that. But I have this feeling that Xpress hypes up the amount of maths etc involved. That's what I take issue with.

I don't judge down a ride purely because of tools, I agree, it's not fair. But what I struggle to see is why it could've have been built by hand. I mean, sure you can make complex elements, perfectly designed, but you can by hand too.

I just find that tool building can be a bit... pretentious sometimes. A lot of people, not just Xpress, but I have to admit he's one of the worst, say that there is really complicated maths involved in using tools. Granted, it may be complex as hell underneath, but the tools are fairly simple once you've got to know what all the different boxes are for! :lol:

I'm pretty sick and tired of this, and I really dislike trying to get my point across on forums. There's never any emotion, which make it hard to really fight your corner.

How about we make a deal. We stop all this arguing, handbuilders stop slating tools users, and tools users stop making such a big deal and having a tantrum if it get mentioned in jest. After all, this is how this argument all started out. Deal?

Jared

Hyper Poster
Hixee said:

I'm going to give my final piece. I'm not saying that tools building is easy. I never once said that. But I have this feeling that Xpress hypes up the amount of maths etc involved. That's what I take issue with.

I don't judge down a ride purely because of tools, I agree, it's not fair. But what I struggle to see is why it could've have been built by hand. I mean, sure you can make complex elements, perfectly designed, but you can by hand too.

I just find that tool building can be a bit... pretentious sometimes. A lot of people, not just Xpress, but I have to admit he's one of the worst, say that there is really complicated maths involved in using tools. Granted, it may be complex as hell underneath, but the tools are fairly simple once you've got to know what all the different boxes are for! :lol:

I'm pretty sick and tired of this, and I really dislike trying to get my point across on forums. There's never any emotion, which make it hard to really fight your corner.

How about we make a deal. We stop all this arguing, handbuilders stop slating tools users, and tools users stop making such a big deal and having a tantrum if it get mentioned in jest. After all, this is how this argument all started out. Deal?

No Deal!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I think it should be a deal, it's repetative and will not change anyone's opinions. Lets just acceept some hate them, some love them and some are 6 of one and half a dozen of t'other.

Slash

Giga Poster
CCJared said:
Hixee said:

No Deal!

Your an absolute child CCJared. Firstly stop being pathetic and strike a deal.

Secondly WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ALL ARGUING IN SOMEONE ELSE'S TOPIC!?

I think its ****ing rude. Blaze is putting hard work into his project and you all are ignoring that and having a tool/no tool war!

You all need to just calm the hell down. Accept that people have different ways of doing things and leave it be. Tools, if used well, can make amazing rides. So can hand building. Just leave it at that and I suggest, if you still want to argue, make a god damn topic. Because most of you are being pathetic.

EDIT: I will check on your ride later Blaze, don't have time at the moment :D

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
bob_3_ said:
A ride should be judged more on the ideas than the execution.

If you were judging the nl comp, I would so come first. Sadly, you aren't so I'm coming dead last.

Hixee, what I meant in my earlier post was that you could view nl itself as being a tool, because you didn't hand make the program. So saying that tools such as AHG are not skilful is slightly hypocritical. If you want a track that you can say you 100% made, build your computer from raw materials and program a simulator. This is going to an extreme situation but my point is still that using NL means that already your coaster is going to be created using someone else's program, so why not use some other programs whilst you're doing it just to give it that edge.

Ooh! I could apply my new knowledge of ethics that I got taught at AS! (dropped it for A2 though) - people who don't want tools are more deontological - they care about the action more than the effect, whereas tool users are teleological, and care more about the finished product than by what means you make it.

Anyway [/ethics nerd] I like jelly if it's with ice cream, but I don't have a clue what mudkips are... are they like sleeping in mud or have I got that totally wrong?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Hmm... I can kinda see where you're coming from. But then again, I don't know, it just doesn't see right. You know?

Slayed

Hyper Poster
OK, I think it's time the tools debating/spam came to a stop in this topic - keep it to Blaze's project please!

I'll delete anything irrelevant. Start a different topic for debating if you want.

Slayed.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
OMG! Slayed posted in the NoLimits section of the forum. :shock:

He is a Moderator. :roll:

Anyway, I'd love to download, but alas, I don't like NLpack tracks. Can you do a separate one?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I don't like NLpack tracks

Why not =/. It's the easiest thing to use!!

As for the ride.

BT. Good, but not great. the supports were good but the track had some pumps. My biggest issue was how drawn out all the elements were, they weren't the right shape. But on the plus side is was smooth!

Also I don't like the tunnels, if you can't do proper ones, don't do them at all.

Adrn: It was a fast ride, but it didn't feel fast! Because you made all the elements so big. The first two corkscrews were massive and so high up in the air, they didn't interact with anything. You had a couple of fast close the ground bits, but you needed the ride to be more snappy with quicker direction changes.

You need a ride like:
inversion-airtime-inversion-helix-helix-inversion

not
oh here comes and inversion..round we go, almost round, there we go, ok next inversion, here it comes, up up round, down we go...ok here comes another helix, going round it...stil going round it.

Get what I'm saying...

Orgin. GOOD, If the double corkscrew was tighter it would be a great original starting point. Although after that... loop-cobra-rita style finish...didn't really push the boat out.

Overall: good but not great is all i can say really. You show potential in how smooth most the ride was, but try to be abit more risky.

7/10

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Thanks, but the double corkscrew still pulls 4G throughout, which is why it is so spread out, if it was tight then it would be too forcefull, and the last turn before the brakes peaks at over 3G, and is that spread out because I needed it to be. If it was to exit the other side of the station then it would be too forcefull, so I needed the middle of it to be a bit weak. I know what you mean about it feeling a slightly slow, but if it was any snappier it would be too much, because the ride pulls massive G all the time, talking upwards of 4G at the entry, middle and exit of the double corkscrew, the entrance to the cobra and the loop, and more than -1G on the last airtime hill and the entry to the magnetic brakes. Trust me, if this was real, it would certainly feel fast.

Also, as requested, here is a non-track packaged version without the 3ds: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2ywnnmmgn5a

bob_3_

Giga Poster
The corkscrews pull good Gs at the bottom yeah, but they crawl over the tops.

I'm not on about the bottom of the inversions.