What's new

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
That's always like this and I think the Intamin/Mack duel was still not over at WB before the end of 2018, because in a promotional video from Mack we can see the Non-Inverting Cobra Roll from the 2021 Mega Coaster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190925-023437.jpg
    Screenshot_20190925-023437.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 56

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
That's always like this and I think the Intamin/Mack duel was still not over at WB before the end of 2018, because in a promotional video from Mack we can see the Non-Inverting Cobra Roll from the 2021 Mega Coaster.
This makes me wondering. Does a park propose a layout then and all competitors try to create this? I always thought they got information on speed, budget etc, and then the manufacturers need to try and make an original and convincing layout.
Because the layout in that screen is fairly identic to what Intamin is building

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
This makes me wondering. Does a park propose a layout then and all competitors try to create this? I always thought they got information on speed, budget etc, and then the manufacturers need to try and make an original and convincing layout.
Because the layout in that screen is fairly identic to what Intamin is building

Sometimes, yes. But it's really a ride by ride basis. Some parks simply say that they want a new ride and that a stock model will suffice. Others will reach out to a bunch of manufacturers and request designs as project bids. Others could also work with a particular manufacturer because they have something in mind already but still need the manufacturer's expertise.