What's new

IAAPA 2022

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Dammit I should have made a thread. IAAPA 2022: The Revenge.

Dislikes: .....can't think of any

Indy

Hyper Poster
I continue to be a big fan of the new look Zamperla. The Lightning train looks excellent. Clear Intamin and Mack influence. It's a huge departure from the Thunderbolt cars which is a great thing. I look forward to seeing how they ride one day.

Also really liking the Zambezi Zinger lead car. They did a great job incorporating the theme into what will be the first Infinity Flyer trains.

I'm incredibly curious about the new generation Wildcat between Premier and Wieland Schwarzkopf, but it feels a bit premature. The complete lack of details is a bit odd for a big IAAPA announcement, but maybe they are doing it intentionally to drum up curiosity.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Likes: Most train reveals and that unforeseen Premier/Schwarzkopf collaboration

Dislikes: The apparent emergence of a new Jinma / Noble / Wisdom Rides unholy trinity and how they've already managed to sign off not one but three separate coaster projects for the United States in the near future.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Definitely digging the variety of trains that have been revealed. I must say, the Surf coaster train looks better than I expected!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The first day was manic, running from conference to conference to nab a decent spot. Yesterday I plodded the floor and saw all I wanted to see, spoke who I wanted to and rode what I wanted to ride. I didn't go back in today so they'll be few (if any) updates, but Jerry and Scott are there doing interviews etc.

Lovely to get back and I love sharing the stuff with those who can't make it. Completely astonished by the reaction to this tweet:
I did mention to Scott that he shoudl see if he can attach a camera to it, lol.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
In some sombre and sad news it seems there was a death at one of the manafacturers booths at IAAPA today.
While I've heard rumours who it was i haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet so I'll hold off until theres an official announcement just in case.
But whomever it was its some sad and tragic news during what should be a fun event.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
In some sombre and sad news it seems there was a death at one of the manafacturers booths at IAAPA today.
While I've heard rumours who it was i haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet so I'll hold off until theres an official announcement just in case.
But whomever it was its some sad and tragic news during what should be a fun event.
While I believe you, I can't find anything about this on any social media whatsoever? I would've expected some coverage by now.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Oh no. :(

This is odd, heard absolutely nothing anywhere else... But since it's you, I know you wouldn't make this stuff up, or post anything if you didn't have good reason. So whoever it is, rest easy. :/

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yeah, I still can't find anything on this? Not even local Orlando media. Would be surprised if they kept it hush, they didn't hide the accident in 2002 with the mini SCAD

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Nothing on the police scanner for the past twelve hours in the whole county relating to any injuries/deaths at IAAPA. Surely if there had been a death it'd have been reported on the scanner?
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/yvy6ky/_/iwsft32
EDIT: I've messaged Roomraider asking if he had any sources for the IAAPA death. Normally I'd completely agree with what he says but considering no social media reports, no Orlando media reports or police scanner reports I'm rather skeptical.

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Alberto Zamperla, CEO and son of Zamperla's founder Antonio has passed away yesterday afternoon after suffering some serious health issues over the past month. He passed away back home in Italy, though the article mentions the news reached his family during IAAPA in Orlando, so perhaps this is the news that roomraider heard of?