What's new

IAAPA 2016

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The big event starts next week! ECG will be there to cover it. Although the press schedule looks a bit lacklustre compared to last year, there are a couple of surprises at the show.

The press schedule can be read here: http://www.iaapa.org/docs/default-s...8d474475143e68f3b6d4ff00000d328f.pdf?sfvrsn=0

I'm quite interested in the SeaWorld announcement in conjunction with Chance and GCI! We know the Intamin collab is Wave Racer (whatever it's called, the Jetski thing), so let the other rumours begin!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Proves how much I've been paying attention!

peep

CF Legend
Premier have been hyping up some new concept stuff on twitter, intrigued to see what they reveal.

I'm hoping we'll hear some cool news but I've set my expectations low.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
Chance make dark rides?! I knew they made transport vehicles, but not actual dark rides?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The Merlin/Forrec Legoland New York Press Conference has apparently been cancelled.

Lofty

CF Legend
Hmm, that's quite interesting. I wonder what's going on? From what I hear the work has already started, so I'm guessing it could just be something to do with illness of a team member or maybe a technical fault.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm really not a fan, I don't like how it's head is tilted to the side, it really doesn't sit well with me. It's better than the nags head in the concept art.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Yeah I'm not a fan of that either! It just looks out of place, like it's just been plonked on, not designed into the car like other ones I've recently seen.

Lofty

CF Legend
This is amazing. Dynamic Attractions have created a 'dark ride' experience on one of the elevators at IAAPA ha.

Also, I'm really intrigued as to a Chance dark ride?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There's a little break now until the next announcement - Zamperla at midday IAAPA time, 30mins from now.

ECG confirms that the Merlin/Lego NY announcement is cancelled and he's on a mission to find out why!

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm really confused why they have two different themes for the zero cars that are such different concepts from one another? It literally makes no sense to me, I actually prefer the horse one...

Also, I'm sure I can't be the only one that's looking forward to VR on Kraken? It's the only thing that might make it worthy to ride?