What's new

IAAPA 2016

TilenB

Strata Poster
That park - Vinpearl Land that's mentioned in the press release from IAAPA's Show Daily has no mention of their Firestorm product, but it does have a Vekoma Mine Train?
There are currently two different Vinpearl amusement parks operating, both of which have recently purchased Vekoma's coasters, but neither of them are located in Thu Thiem (according to my short internet search, that's a new district in Ho Chi Minh City), so I guess the Firestorm is going to be a part of a newly built park.

Lofty

CF Legend
Vinpearl is a huge company with many different project happening it seems - but, I'm stating that the article says it's open, and it's not?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
From my brief phone call with ECG yesterday, I'm under the impression it does actually exist in Vietnam, but we've not heard about it. I might have misheard (I felt headachy last night) so ECG will confirm when he gets a chance.

Lofty

CF Legend
From my brief phone call with ECG yesterday, I'm under the impression it does actually exist in Vietnam, but we've not heard about it. I might have misheard (I felt headachy last night) so ECG will confirm when he gets a chance.
That's what the article states, as well. But I've been searching most of this morning to find some imagery, or even an article with it in and found absolutely nothing :(

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I did the same when I read the Daily yesterday. Found jack. Vekoma kindly sent me the render and did talk to Jerry about Vietnam but I'm unclear if it exists or not. They also sent me a schematic (which I'm afraid I can't make public) but it's marked "Concept" and dated December 2015., which has been enough time for one to be built. Apologies for the ambiguity!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
As far as I can tell you are correct. the new vinpeal is not open yet. it may be under construction but the satellite images are not up to date enough to confirm.

The park will also build a new mine train from Vekoma and Asia Attractions list it as opening in 2017 here

http://www.attractionsmanagement.co...s Management&linktype=story&source=none&ref=n

As an aside they have also sold a firestorm to the evergrande group in China. who appear to be building a large park on the island of Hainan.

And for viewing pleasure. another angle
received_10153955036302097.jpeg

Lofty

CF Legend
That layout looks so good. I love the element after the top hat, the over banked turn that continues to rotate to invert - really nice.

I have to say, I love the 'flow' of the new Vekoma coasters, where their corkscrews continue their banking into turns and 'roll' through the following elements. I really like it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, that looks brilliant. I can't wait to ride one of these new Vekomas.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, yes, YES! I really love the inversion after the top hat drop and the headchopper moments. The only thing I'm not keen on is the vertical loop, I find them a bit dull nowadays. I'd prefer an airtime hill there. But yes, yes, YES, it's fab.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Reminds me of a cross between blue fire and ispeed, can't tell if they've ditched the vests? Looks like it's just lapbars to me