What's new

"Huracan" - Eurofighter for Belantis, Germany

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
loefet said:
Black hole looks awesome!!
I hope they find a buyer soon & it appears on the German fair circuit, as it would make a great addition/replacement for the wild mouse coasters.
Can't wait to get back to Belantis this fall, now that the Euro Live isn't happening. I hope to do Ring°Racer, Phantasialand & Heide again as well as a couple of fairs.

andrus

Giga Poster
Looks nice! But i wonder why gerstlauer chose to use trains with 3 rows and 2 across seating instead of 2 rows and 4 across like eg saw? Less capacity is always a bad thing..

Jared

Hyper Poster
I think it's customer request. I'd prefer those trains I think, it means that everyone can see when riding.

marc

CF Legend
They are like the trains on Lynet for example.

They are probably lighter and this might be needed for cobra roll as the current Eurofighter trains do not seem to handle corners that smoothly so a cobra roll would hurt too much.

A

Anonymous

^ This new tower design is due to the fact that they are going to use the launch coaster cars on it instead of the Eurofighter cars. The launch coaster cars can't cope with the tight radius on the top of the lift on a standard Eurofighter, hence the larger top of the lift hill.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well that begs the question, why use them cars? Its clearly going to cost the park more to have a larger tower made, so why not opt for the normal train?

Unless all Euro-Fighters will be like this from now on?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ *those cars.

It's because this ride was already commissioned for the F1 park in Dubai with these trains. I expect it was a park specification or something to do with the layout. I don't expect it'll become a norm. Seems like a one time only deal.

A

Anonymous

^ It's the actual coaster, that's why they are able to get and install it on such a short notice.

Absimilliard

Roller Poster
Maybe the launched coaster cars are due to a specific theming requirement that the Dubai park wanted? Thus, Gerstlauer had to design the ride like that...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^It was ordered for a F-1 park after all. The keyword here is "Ferrari".