What's new

How old were you when you became an enthusiast?

What age did you become a theme park enthusiast?

• Under 12

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • 12-15

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • 21-30

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • 30-40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 41+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Just wondered. I've been visiting theme parks on a regular basis since the age of just one, but I've been an enthusiast since about the age of eight - when I became tall enough to ride the thrill rides.

What about you?

Like you, I've always loved theme parks but I wasn't an Full enthusisast until I joined up on here in September last year. I did start loving coasters at an enthusisast level about 2 years or so ago when I first went on Kumali at Flamingoland.

I have 3 times actually. I would become fixated for about a month, then stop.

I was 4; it was after I went to Disney. Also 2009, my first looper, and August 10, 2011; the day I joined CF. Ever since CF, I've been going strong as an enthusiast.

Started going on rides when I was 1, but since you dont really know just what all is going on, cant be counted really. It technically started when I was 3 going on 4 when I rode Blue Streak.

Although according to mom I had to be leashed at the fair and amusement parks cause Id run off to the rides without them at the young age of 2 :lol:

Switching between the hideouts'...

I've seen videos on YouTube of toddlers going on relatively large roller coasters in the states. The height restrictions are barely relevant over there. And health and safety is more exaggerated over here.

I have been an enthusiast for as long as I can remember, which isn't very long. I always remembered waiting to be over 1.4m to ride the bigger coasters and rides, and since then I have been a huge enthusiast :)

Started when I was about 6 when I visited Walt Disney World. I wanted to be become an Imagineer. I got really into Roller Coasters when I was 8 and I rode my first "upside coaster" (as i called it then). It was a classic Arrow Coaster called Dragon Fire. I didn't start counting creds till I joined Coasterforce.

Used to go to Paultons and Thorpe-or-Chessington every year when I was a youngster. Didn't really become an enthusiast until my early twenties when I stumbled across CF.

I discovered RCT1 when I was about 7-8ish. This led to an obsession with finding out more and more about rollercoasters.

This led me to this little website called "CoasterForce". Heard of it?

I can remember looking at the picture galleries of all the rides in the UK. Especially Nemesis...there was something really exciting and special about it. I couldent beleive such a ride would actually exist in the UK.

Parallell to all of that, I was really enjoying every trip to CWOA more than any other kid my age. I didn't really know it until I was older, but yeah...I REALLY loved every detail of Chessington. The clown coaster was my first ever coaster...the big chunky trains and the thrill of being allowed to go through the station one extra time. I moved on to the runaway mine train, then dragon falls, then vampire and haven't looked back.

Another website that contributed to my coaster obsession when I was really little was www.coastergallery.com I still go on it today occasionally

I always had an interest in roller coasters ever since I was very little. I loved roller coaster tycoon, and I appreciated roller coasters even though I was scared to ride them. I would say that I actually considered myself an enthusiast when I was 12-13 and I really started to study them.

Realistically, I didn't become an ENTHUSIAST until I was in my early teens, yet before that I absolutely loved rollercoasters. I was a huge fan of RCT when I was a child, and I generally loved trips to theme parks, It wasn't until I rode Nemesis when I was about 11-12 that I began finding out who B&M are and how many G-forces pulled on the coaster. Nemesis changed my life, and I'm unsure if any other rollercoaster could've really converted me into an enthusiast, I realised it wasn't just a thrill ride, but a completely revolutionary experience that nothing else could deliver in this world.

And here I am now, years onwards. Awaiting The Swarm and Shamby. One fact I've found is that hyping yourself up for a rollercoaster too much leaves you a tad disappointed, no matter how fantastic it is. Like hyping you up for a new album, or the new COD game for example... :roll:

Not until i was 21, I did the Florida parks when i was 14 but i didn't ride another rollercoaster until 2 and a half years ago when i went to Blackpool. Then i suppose you can say i started to become a proper enthusiast shortley afterwards when i joined CF.

Good question. I honestly don't remember. I think I became interested in coasters around the age about 10-11, but I think my enthusiasm became 'established' after joining CF to follow construction of Furius Baco prior to my trip to Port Aventura in 2007 (aged 15).

I was absolutely obsessed with rides from the age of about 10, although due to costs, theme park trips were always few and far between.

It was last year that I became a serious enthusiast, after visiting Alton Towers for the first time in 15 years. Oblivion and Rita had a huge impact on me, and Nemesis was ten times better than what I remember.

For sure I was under 12.

All I can remember was riding Texas Tornado way back in like 1996-1999 every year. I loved it. Riding it backwards too was fab. My Dad has always said I loved them from a very early age. Them little tiny credz and such he used to take me on, I was never scared of any coaster really. So yeah, I've been an "Enthusiast" since being around 5-8?

It was the closed season of Kumali construction when I signed up to Talk Flamingo, so 14/15 years old (unsure if it was before or after the new year).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got introduced to amusement parks already at the age of 3, and ever since then my family have had a tradition to go to this one amusement park every year. As my lenght grew closer and closer to 1,40 cm I started to get more and more interested. I would say I started to become a real enthusiast at 13.