What's new

How Blackpool can Improve the Big One?

Jools

Giga Poster
I was wondering what you guys think Blackpool could do to improve the ride and if what I'm saying here is correct.

Fill track with sand to make ride less noisy and smoother, maybe creating less friction to make the ride faster and therefore more airtime?

Heavier wheels, makes the ride faster and smoother also?

Trims don't slow the ride down so much, creating a more forecful third section of the ride.

New train from Morgan like the new track, would they be better?

Am I right?

This should make the ride a better experience and rate higher in the MHP, baring in mind:

Phantom rating: #22
Steel Dragon rating: #50
Magnum XL rating: #78 and rates highly on other polls
Steel Force rating: #85
Steel Eel: #106
PMBO rating: #228 (project: #80ish)

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
It will never be improved. If we're being realistic, just get rid of it. Maintaining will just cost the place a bomb let alone trying to improve it.

Jools

Giga Poster
Ormerod said:
It will never be improved. If we're being realistic, just get rid of it. Maintaining will just cost the place a bomb let alone trying to improve it.

Again, nothing shocks me there.

Jools

Giga Poster
I know you weren't it's just you said what I was waiting for all thousand people to say.

Anyone going to tell me if what I said was correct?

A

Anonymous

The trims could do with being less sharp to kill the speed. new trains could be nice but im not sure much could be done with the track.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
We're talking about PBB, a financially tight park. They haven't actually purchased a new ride since Valhalla lol.

Why & how would they invest into improving a 15 year old coaster? As far as they are concerned it's already doing justice for the park as it is.

Jools

Giga Poster
Its their signiture ride.

Plus: They have ran out of space which is why they havnt installed a new ride.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Give PBB as much space as you want, they still won't install a new ride.

Also, I know it's their signature ride, Geoffrey rushed into getting the Tallest, Fastest Melarchy, which is why the ride lacks... anything after the first drop.

PBB don't see anything wrong with PMBO, it gets maintained almost annually, and re-tracked often. This costs enough alone.

A

Anonymous

Over the years of the retrack its beeing getting abit smoother but I feel new/better trains will do more to the feel and the smoothnes.

But as for the finances they have plenty of money but untill they get a plan nothing will happen.

Amanda is smart so im sure something good will come along in the not so distent future.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
kitsune said:
Over the years of the retrack its beeing getting abit smoother but I feel new/better trains will do more to the feel and the smoothnes.

The re-track is a losing battle because the more new track they add, the more it needs maintaining elsewhere. As for new trains, don't think that will happen.

'kitsune' said:
But as for the finances they have plenty of money but untill they get a plan nothing will happen

They have plenty of money? Don't know who you've been listening to lol.
As for plans, they've had plenty of plans, which have been failed to be executed due to lack of finances, hence why they went for a cheap version of Bellagio fountains last season, and nothing this season apart from 12 SBNO rides.

[/quote]

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
kitsune said:

The re-track is a losing battle because the more new track they add, the more it needs maintaining elsewhere. As for new trains, don't think that will happen.

But as for the finances they have plenty of money but untill they get a plan nothing will happen

They have plenty of money? Don't know who you've been listening to lol.
As for plans, they've had plenty of plans, which have been failed to be executed due to lack of finances, hence why they went for a cheap version of Bellagio fountains last season, and nothing this season apart from 12 SBNO rides.

A

Anonymous

maybe they dont have over 30 million but around 10-20 million is there usual yearly pot. Rides are SBNO due to things being old and the posible removel of said rides. The fountains are ok there not world class but who actualy gives a rats ass about that. even if they had finances on the scale of Disney they still would have the same issue.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
kitsune said:
maybe they dont have over 30 million but around 10-20 million is there usual yearly pot. Rides are SBNO due to things being old and the posible removel of said rides. The fountains are ok there not world class but who actualy gives a rats ass about that. even if they had finances on the scale of Disney they still would have the same issue.

10-20 million? Okay, lets say it is.
Then staff need paying, rides need maintaining, bills which are probably sky high, and debts need paying off.

After that, how much do you think they have?
That expains why rides are SBNO...and possibly why shows have been cancelled.

And if they had Disney's finances, they would pretty much be a different class of park, but thats irrelevant.

A

Anonymous

Hence why Infusion was put in as they already had the coaster at the sister park. Yes the amount they say they spent maybe wrong but for 1 mill more they theoreticly could have bought a 2nd/3rd hand B&M batman clone.
Granted it would be in poor condition but its what can be found if theres alot of hard serching.

If they had that and had spent money ppl would still hate it even if it was B&M. Yes they strugle with money but under it all its still a good park maybe not in the top 10 world best but for the amount of stuff in the space its good.