What's new

Holiday World | Mammoth | Water Coaster

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Re: Mammoth, water coaster for Holiday World

I saw water coaster and thought "oo not seen one of those for a while!"

I clicked on the video and saw a water slide.

I realise it's only a rendering but it looks really boring, and I can't see anywhere they could possibly claim you'd get negative G, besides, with the raft not being attached to the track, negative G is actually quite dangerous!

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster

Yeah,can't really see how something like this comes under the "coaster" catagory,but hey ho.

These things can be fun,for a while,especially with the right crowd,but eventually it can turn boring and repetative.Certainly with something that has a length likes this.

jokerman

Giga Poster

I'll be honest, I was shocked to see this in the ride construction forum. It just isn't a coaster, is it!? Does it actually coast all the way round, or is it pushed by water jets?

Looks like a fun ride though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Pointless. Taking away your own record after such a short time is nothing short of stupid.

It's a "cheap" (yes, $9 million is cheap) way of getting attention without actually offering much.

They would have been better off holding on to the 9 mil, adding 9 mil to it next year and getting a kick-arse new coaster.

Lofty

CF Legend

This might sound a bit ridiculous, but, do they class both the water park and theme park as one park?

In terms of, will this just be their new investment for the next 2 years for BOTH parks or possibly just the water park?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^It's all basically the same thing. You pay one price for the whole lot. They're in different areas with a large water ride (Pilgrim's Plunge???) basically connecting the two.

From what I remember, a lot of/most US parks include the waterpark in their ticket price.

Intricks

Strata Poster

The ride is propelled by the same manner of Maverick, but instead of seeing them, they are in the uphill tubeing and each boat has a giant slab of metal on the bottom. It is, in a VERY basic form, a form of water coaster I guess. You do get airtime on all those hills. Plus, you dont actually carry your boat. You leave the station and return to station. It is a full circuit unlike the water slides at schlitterbahn in which you exit into a pool and it is mainly just a ride down.

Also, Pilgrims Plunge isnt really connected to the water park in any form. It is seperated by the beastly Voyage. Water park is located to the left of voyage, and to the right of the layout of Legend. It is kinda in its own nook

Switching between the hideouts'...

D1993

Hyper Poster

Initially I was surprised at this decision, but after watching an interview with Dan Koch, I realise this is a good move from them and why they did it.
I think we should all remember, that Holiday World is only ever going to put in rides that they think are most popular amongst their guests. They're a park who listens to their guests and adds rides and attractions accordingly. Wildebeest has been immensely popular, and because of such long wait times, its part of the reason they are adding Mammoth. I really like the reasoning behind this park.
I think theyre the type of park, that if everyone started going "we want an Intamin giga", they'd do their best to give it to them.
Really theyre always going to listen to the majority (the general population and fans alike) not just the die hards. Mammoth will be a great addition for 2012

CoasterDude63

Roller Poster

Why are they building another water coaster? How about building a steel coaster instead of rattling peoples' brains out from riding all the wooden coasters.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: Mammoth, water coaster for Holiday World

CoasterDude63 said:
Why are they building another water coaster? How about building a steel coaster instead of rattling peoples' brains out from riding all the wooden coasters.

They have one, or is that too intense for ya :3

In regards to the steel coaster, if they DO get one, the company is going to really have to work with the family when they start construction.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Howler. Its a very nice and interesting steel coaster. Such an intense layout as well :3

Brett7710

Mega Poster

Intricks said:
Howler. Its a very nice and interesting steel coaster. Such an intense layout as well :3

And I missed the credit! :(
Can adults actually ride it on their own?

I'm sure the park are excited about adding a new coaster in the future, they have a 10 year plan for future developments which i'm sure contain a coaster or two. But after watching guests stood in line hour after hour waiting for Wildebeest this season and the last one, they've done the best they could to solve the problem, built a bigger attraction with higher capacity to spread the load.

I reckon there will be a major attraction on its way to the park in 2014, i'd love to see plans for another coaster being unveiled around that time. I'm still curious as to wether they'll ever build a major steel coaster, after all the call for one from the GP, plus the stick Voyage is getting for being rough (WTH?) I think there's a pretty high chance.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^ Yes, adults can ride alone. You get complimentary awkward looks and stares if you act like you are having the time of your life.

They will do what they need to do to get an amazing park built as they actually LISTEN to us and use their **** common sense. I just wonder if any of the Kochs are gonna get as involved as Will was when they got a new coaster...

Brett7710

Mega Poster

Intricks said:
I just wonder if any of the Kochs are gonna get as involved as Will was when they got a new coaster...

I hope so, it's often the input of the parks that can make a ride really unique. I know the family had a lot of input with the Voyage, the way GG run their business allows the parks much more input in the design and construction than you usually get. They obviously like working that way if the park have stuck with CCI and then GG for their 3 major coasters, I can't see them suddenly not having any involvement in the next one.

Although the input they have will be restricted using steel, it's not like you can make small tweaks in the design just before you put up the framework, the track will have been forged months prior to erection.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Re: Holiday World |"Mammoth"| Water Coaster

I'll have you know I've completed Mel's World with a park value of £98'000 at the end of October, Year 3.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Holiday World |"Mammoth"| Water Coaster

UC said:
They will do what they need to do to get an amazing park built as they actually LISTEN to us and use their common sense. I just wonder if any of the Kochs are gonna get as involved as Will was when they got a new coaster...

Yes, because enthusiasts are experts in knowing how to run a successful park business.

I meant that as park goers as a whole, not just enthusiasts.