What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

I personally feel Ill fit these with a little bit of difficulty. Basically would need stapling most likely. I fit MF, so I think Ill fit these.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I keep forgetting that this thing seats 4 abreast, but I'd be reluctant to call it a winged coaster - as much as Intamin seems to want to capitalize on the fad. I think the coaster itself is going to be really special (even it it has an unoriginal layout).

One thing that I was a bit disappointed with is how high those low sweeping curves sit above the water. I always imagined it being as if the outer seats would be nearly skimming the surface - but I imagine for engineering reasons, and the uncontrollable water levels, they had to play it safe here.

Starting to look better than I expected from an overall perspective.

It's just an over-sized version of Rita with a 200 feet drop. Do I like Rita? Sure! But this looks really uninspired... I am sure it will deliver a very fast and intense ride but the looks are not appealing at all (unlike other Hershey coasters, like Fahrenheit).

About the trains; the only thing I like is them having lapbars. The colour is hideous and so is the design. This is not a winged coaster, no matter how you look at it or what Intamin claims.

^ You didn't just compare this to Rita did you?

First of all this coaster will be faster, it will feature a stengel dive and there is a couple of cool transitions hided in the layout.

I still think this will be the most intense coaster of 2012.

TheCoasterCruiser said:
^ You didn't just compare this to Rita did you?

First of all this coaster will be faster, it will feature a stengel dive and there is a couple of cool transitions hided in the layout.

I still think this will be the most intense coaster of 2012.

Actually I would compare it to Rita too. In fact, you could only pick out a few differences. Speed and height were already pointed out by him. The things you pointed out aren't exactly amazing either.

Plus, just to be picky because of your smug post, "hided in the layout" doesn't make sense... should be 'hidden' :)

But what I don't understand is a box standard b&m at PA it getting praised and this is getting panned, sorry just don't get it.

At least it's not getting compared to Baco, Rita is ok so......

I'm sure it will be fun... just meh. Doubt it will compare to RoS though.... oh wait Bizarro -_-

But have they built it for that? They could have just built a standard coaster but they have not. They have gone for something different.

Until people have ridden it I am waiting to judge.

Ethan said:
Plus, just to be picky because of your smug post, "hided in the layout" doesn't make sense... should be 'hidden' :)

I'm glad you pointed out one of my grammar errors, i'm a 15 year old boy from Denmark.
You can't really expect me to get it perfect every time, even though i try.

And you can say that you were just being 'sarcastic' all what you want, this is kinda low of you.

^ Well I still think the rest of your post about Rita was incorrect though...

Anyway it's looking nice. The Stengel dive looks nice, so I really hope it's taken at speed. The last airtime hill is sexy too.

Re: Hersheypark |

marc said:
But what I don't understand is a box standard b&m at PA it getting praised and this is getting panned, sorry just don't get it.

At least it's not getting compared to Baco, Rita is ok so......

I think it's because with Intamin, you've got a 1 in 5 chance of it being a brilliant coaster, and a 4 in 5 chance of it sucking.

With B&M, you've got a 1 in 5 chance it'll be good and a 4 in 5 chance it'll be "fine". So odds are the B&M will be better ;)

I can't see why people are knocking it though. The first drop looks excellent and the ride will have a lot of speed and intensity. Everyone has been complaining about how forceless B&M floorless coasters are. This is essentially a modified floorless design with a high intensity layout.

Then everyone has been complaining about Intamin OTSR for years - they've given us a new design here too and nobody is in elation?

I reckon it'll be rough, but powerful - like Rita. And I hope that it's the opposite of Fahrenheit, the coaster looks good but is really dull - if this looks dull, then it could be good ;)

lets just wait to see how its tests through the course.
And speaking of that, like far out ..... when the heck is this going to test?!

^ You implied that it did, by saying this - "just to be picky because of your smug post..."

Leave the kid alone, his English is a lot better than some of our English members, and I certainly never expected him to be 15!

Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Soon enough as the train is being put onto the tracks, the cable and catch car are installed and most of the station work is done. Guessing late April/early May for testing.

Its been said that the wheels they are using will keep it at a relative speed so it wont need trimmed. Plus people who worked with the project say its going to maintain an average speed of 45mph that will begin by the end of the first airtime hill.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think it looks great too, but Furie is right. B&M is a guarantee that you'll get a good ride, Intamin is a chance. But a chance I think is worth making, because if they get it right, they get it very, very right. It's not just about enthusiast opinions, either. The regular public aren't stupid, they are well aware how tame and dull B&Ms individual rides usually are. The ONLY people who loose out when a park gets a B&M are the poor engineers. :p Wel, and the park itself, but you get my point.