What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Hersheypark's New Ride for 2012

Tbh, I'm glad to see track on site. It should hopefully be the end of this RIoT (hmmm, "Riot" could be a clue to the name...) rubbish.

I'm all for having a storyline and a bit of pre-excitement, but when it's just confusing stuff like RIoT, it's irritating.

Now supports and track are arriving, the RIoT will become less relevant because we'll be able to see what it's all about with our eyes.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^Not really since i was just going with the basic classification of them both being an accelerator. I guess a better look at it would be parks still build wooden coasters when they all essentially look the same when kept on a lower scale. Each of them offer a different ride experience. You cant say they wont build one cause it will look to similair in style to Farenheit and Storm Runner. If the height is at 250, im sure thats gonna stand out over the other two.

^^Loefet, that idea is one that I never thought of, but wouldnt that still classify it as an accelerator/blitz (honest question, not being a smartass)? I can see that, a more Incredible Hulk type beginning than a Maverick styled one.

Oh god, Ill be glad this is all done and over with as well, but we still got two more months of madness left to endure til Hershey decides to publicly announce what the hell they are building.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

michaellll

Mega Poster

Intricks, he said lsm powered lift. Not lsm powered launch. I'd bet my life this won't be an accelerator.

reddude333

Giga Poster

LSM powered lift would be nice especially since I can't think of any megacoaster that has that type of lift (or honestly any coaster besides Maverick, but I'm not trying that hard). I'm not too partial to the powder blue so I too will be greatly interested in the track color although I'm not even really sure what would look good with that...white? Eh, we'll see I guess...keeping my fingers crossed.

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ Clicked the link??

Yes I did....

I see Maverick and iSpeed are now catergorised as Intamin Blitz coasters, but Cheetah Hunt is just an LSM. I would have thought they would all go under the same catergory, but whatever.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^Well I can see why Cheetah Hunt might be considered different because its layout is not nearly as compact as the other two and only has one inversion which is fairly tame anyway...arguments could be made for both...

Dave

CF Legend

I'm waiting for the double-barrelled Intamin track to turn up, similar to Intimidator 305.

Casio

Mega Poster

I don't know if this has yet been mentioned, but if you view the 'Gravity Manipulation' pdf under the Studies section of RIT, on the bottom of the first page there's a subtle encryption key that is reversed and faded. As Intricks said on the header of the studies page it flashes 2VMB, or maybe V^2MB. According to the code V=22, M=19 and B=10. But I can't really work our anymore than that :D 22 squared is 484, which would be the tallest in the world (in feet) but that's incredibly unlikely. Nothing else really appears to me, except for 'B' and 'M' as they flash almost simultaneously. Come on geniuses figure it out : :lol:

Intricks

Strata Poster

Michaell, you completely misread what i have there. Incredible Hulk type beginning, as in instead of a launch, do as maverick does but faster and instead of just boringly going down a hill (i honestly dont think theyd put in a 250 ft tall beyond bank drop) do a barrel roll/whatever else its called and proceed to enjoy the rest of the ride. Again, im going with what the damn RIT game is putting out there as clues, basically a launch coaster with state of the art engineering. If you can go through the studies and find something that counters what ive come up with, by all means go ahead. Until then, Im going to stick with a form or variant of an accelerator/blitz coaster because thats what the game has given clues to, not just someone randomly coming up with the idea that they could have a lift house like I305 and give a plausible/theorized location for the lift.

Before anyone retorts that im shoving my opinion down anothers throat, im not. I am just going with what Ive gathered by playing this game from Hershey and giving the resources to back up my opinion.

Yet, the game has been given another twist. All we have are supports and the general coaster community that is following this has agreed that its Intamin. Are we 100% percent sure on this or are we just pulling at similarities to help confirm what we believe hershey is (read what we want hershey to get) getting? There are a large amount of clues and visual representations that they could be going with B&M due to the very beginning of the game (before RIT opened up its site). Griffon logo, reference to a german company, 12 years since they have been there, Ursa Major constalation on the first released study and the new visual aid of 2VMB flashing on the studies header now. Until August comes around, we all got speculations and theories on what they are getting. Im leaving my hopes next to nil on this cause they havent given us all the clues yet. Im not hoping for an accelerator just so i can say "HA! I was right! In ur face herp derp", im guessong thats what they are going with. Until the I305 lift suggestion came into play, every guess was die hard B&M dive, hyper, flyer, invert.

Gods, i really hate this game but I just cant seem to pull myself away from it. Hurry the hell up August so we can know what exactly Hershey is getting or at least give more pieces to the puzzle asap...

andrus

Giga Poster

^Neither B&M nor Intamin are german.. That leaves us with Maurer Söhne or Gerstlauer, that would be if Hershey actually has confirmed the manufacturer to be from Germany?

I'm still confident it'll be an Intamin though. I haven't seen any other company (especially B&M) using that kind of support. Plus Hershey has a close relation with Intamin and both their latest coaster was built by that company!

If it's an Intamin mega coaster we're looking at here I'm very intrigued! Since it has been a while since they've produced a proper mega and their devolopment with the twisty mega lites I'am hoping for a great new layout :--D

Intricks

Strata Poster

They arent allowed to speak of anything related to the coaster. The only things we learn and know are from this annoying game called RIT >< They made references to a German based company (nothing specific) and an earlier puzzle piece was in Dutch. Im just gonna leave it as is and wait til the next puzzle piece becomes available, which is no longer through RIT website but now facebook and whatnots. Sigh, Hershey is doing what every Amusement Park needs to do when advertising rides, but must it be so annoyingly tantalizing?

Casio

Mega Poster

^Just so you know, neither B&M or Intamin are German companies. Gerstlauer and Maurer are the two big German manufacturers that spring to mind. Also, what do you make of the encryption code?

Intricks

Strata Poster

As to the encryption code....not a freakin clue. They flash a solid color (2-yellow, V-orange, M-powder blue, B-purple/gray to green) so ove no idea if that even is part of it or not. Apparently a facebook group dedicated to the complete following of this game has LOADS more crap than we even know of atm from other messgae boards. So look up thw group (will post a link to it when i get home) and see what they have. I know someone randomly got an envolope with his tickets and there is some stuff in there and they have a transcript of the doctor interview (on the RIT website, type in DOCTOR_INTERVIEW in thw search bar and you get a form for a press pass for 3 questions). So yea, ill be looking intp all that.

A

Anonymous

^^ Mack could also be added to that list of German manufacturers...

STC

Mega Poster

A "Blue Fire"-style Mack megacoaster would surely be the best possible outcome of all this. Though it could be seen as too similar to Storm Runner.

Intamin don't seem to do lapbars on any thrill coaster anymore, so if they did another hypercoaster it would no doubt be rubbish...

Intricks

Strata Poster

I forgot about Mack....they could be doing something like Extreme or whatever the blazes its called in Japan (isnt that 250ft high?). Hmmm, this requires further thought...

Also, QUICK! Check the style of supports on Macks newer coasters!

Ben

CF Legend

^Um, the tallest thing Mack have ever built is 124ft tall, and in Germany...

Snoo

The Legend

Intricks.. please god almighty.. change your avatar. That is just nasty.