What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

reddude333

Giga Poster
They certainly do bring up some interesting points on that forum. I like that they have a few "user submitted" sketches. And I'm ruling out the taking out of SDL but I was kinda dumb to think they would take it out anyway because of the whole 12 flags thing. Anyway, I like some of the ideas they threw out there. As much as a wing rider would be a kool concept, my bet is currently going to Intamin...can't wait to find out more...

A101

Mega Poster
Wingrider would be nice, but probably unlikely. But you never know. They might put in a woddy for all we know!

Nic

Strata Poster
Ooooh, I know I took the piss before, but I love the whole back story thing. Actually, thinking about it, wasn't this released AGES ago? Or am I just getting really bad deja vu? If it was ages ago, then they really should've released some more "clues" by now.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Hersheypark's New Ride for 2012

If you've not seen the update on Screamscape, Keystone Thrills have posted some new images.

http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/20 ... e-25-52711

Mainly MUD, but I love those through-a-fence images. The fact that Chris (the site's admin) went to the trouble of getting the images gives it an air of enthusiasm and excitement.

Although it's blatantly a new coaster, until it's confirmed by the park, I'm reluctant to move this topic to Construction.

Intricks

Strata Poster

They have a picture of the supports up. Apparently this will be an Intamin. Now to just figure out what TYPE of intamin they will be building. I'll be going with an Accelerator type based off of the RIT thing and the supposed ride layout.

Edit: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 88&sk=wall
A different picture of the support, but still, confirmed as Intamins.

Also, the RIT studies header is now a .gif flashing 2VMB in that order...not sure who on here follows this, but its a developement...

Martyn B

CF Legend

I'll be going with an Accelerator type based off of the RIT thing and the supposed ride layout.

They already have an accelerator, why would they get another one?

andrus

Giga Poster

^Exactly! Why on earth would they want to build another Intamin rocket with Storm Runner already in the park?!

Anyway, by reading different forums around the web I thought this was already semi-confirmed as being a mega/hyper. The real question was whether it'll be an Intamin or B&M, and now we got the answere to that!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Some excellent images of the track posted on the excellent Keystone Thrills website:
main.php

main.php

I'm knocking up a home page news item, but I strongly suggest visiting Keystone Thrills, they've got unrivaled coverage of this project: http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/20 ... 26-6-7-11/

Martyn B

CF Legend

The pics of the trak aren't working for me...is it Intamin then? If so, we are over due an Intamin Hyper... and they tend to rank quite high amongst us...

A

Anonymous

^ Clicked the link??

Those supports definitely looks like the new square ones that Intamin uses...

Snoo

The Legend

Powder blue? Really? That track color better blow me away.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

This is exciting news. I like the support color, so hopefully the track colour will blend nicely. Is the 250ft confirmed?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Im just going with what Ive gotten by following the damned RIT thing. The first study even has the mention of a new type material found for the use of a magnetic propulsion system. Maverick is an Accelerator and Cedar Point already had TTD. Dont put it behind any parks to exclude a previous type of ride when it comes to designing a coaster.

Edit: Semi-confirmed means they still arent 100% confident that the info they have found is true. Everyone involved with the project at Hershey signed a confidentiality contract. Nobody would be willing to lose their job just to give an 'anonymous' insider tip. Easiest way to figure this out is to follow the game/amazing viral campaign and wait to see what happens.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

LSM powered lift, just another possibility...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Intricks said:
Im just going with what Ive gotten by following the damned RIT thing. The first study even has the mention of a new type material found for the use of a magnetic propulsion system. Maverick is an Accelerator and Cedar Point already had TTD. Dont put it behind any parks to exclude a previous type of ride when it comes to designing a coaster.
That's not really a fair comparison is it? Do Maverick and TTD resemble each other in any way other than that the trains and track look fairly similar. TTD is about the hideous speed and height whereas Maverick keeps it pretty low to the ground and doesn't really have the same look at TTD.

Hersheypark already has Storm Runner and Fahrenheit, which seem to me to be somewhere in the middle of the two. I can't think they'd but a tall 'strata-coaster' style coaster (it'd resemble Storm Runner too much) and they would probably avoid the blitz coaster too (it'd resemble Fahrenheit too much). They're going to have to market it incredible well if they do get a launched coaster/blitz coaster.

I don't know what it will be, but something says they won't be looking for something like anything they've got already.