What's new

Hersheypark | Chocolatetown | 2019/2020 Park Expansion

Lofty

CF Legend
Interesting that they've not announced the name of the coaster, merely said "We're thrilled to announce our tallest, fastest, longest, and sweetest addition yet. The unique theme and masterful design of our newest coaster will leave you craving another ride".

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Looks good, want more info on the B&M of course, looks pretty lengthy. The tallest, fastest, longest tag line isn't overly impressive when you look at the current stats;
Height - 200ft (Skyrush)
Speed - 75mph (Skyrush and Storm Runner)
Length - 3600ft (Skyrush)
You could say over 75mph is decent, but they don't have to do much with a Hyper to beat the other 2 comfortably.

Edit instead of double posting
Pictures seem to indicate;
Drop, Hill, Turnaround, Hill, Hill, Helix, Drop, Hill, Panoramic turn, Hill, Brakes.
Last part of the ride is built for looks than ride experience, but up until that there's potential.

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
Seen a few clips that show nothing of the ride, looks slow.

It’s a weird choice - I honestly thought I’d outsmarted everyone when I went with a dive lol guess not. Never gonna complain about a new hyper.

Throwing this out there - we don’t think they’d get rid of Skyrush any time soon do we?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Throwing this out there - we don’t think they’d get rid of Skyrush any time soon do we?
giphy.gif

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love how you can make that assertion when we have barely seen the coaster. :rolleyes:
Don't worry, he's just salty that he missed being the one to break the coaster new on the forums. Especially as he'd made SUCH a fuss about the time of the announcement - then to miss it! :p

A B&M hyper isn't what I expected (I know a lot of people were in that camp, though), but these aren't ever really bad, so that's pretty good. Another B&M in the world is always a good thing. I kinda want to see a POV or at least some more focused renderings before passing too much judgement. It's never easy to tell what kind of heights they're going for from those flyby distant shots.

And no name yet either? I thought they'd release that!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
It's chocolate coloured. hehe Surprised it's taken them this long to make a brown coaster! lol

Just hope it's good enough to fit in with their line up. Is this the only park to have a B&M and Intamin hyper (or giga)? (obviously excluding the accelerators.)

Time to guess chocolate-related names!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Looks like a really nice entrance area. Excited for the ice cream parlour. oh and I guess the hyper too...

In the comments on Facebook the park have said they will share more details about the coaster next summer.

Matt N

CF Legend
This looks lovely, in my opinion! I really like the look of the new entrance, and the coaster should be one of the best at Hersheypark if Mako is anything to go by!

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
From the small clips I saw on Twitter of the coaster, I can say that it is definitely not a typical B&M hyper, with at least 1 or 2 low to the ground turns, kind of like Fury! It seems like it will still have the large airtime hills, but this doesn't even look similar to standard out and back B&M hypers! I can't wait!

Ben

CF Legend
Also there's been so many times a trademark has been filed and it's not been called that so.

It could be the name of the new bogs calm down.

Pear

Strata Poster
Meh.

For a hyper, it looks mid-range. There doesn't look to be any ejector hills from what I could see in that video.

I'm sorry what B&M hyper has actual full-on ejector. Mako comes close but that's more strong flojector to weak ejector.

Glad to see the 4 across trains. Not a big fan of any of the hypers with staggered seating.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
For those that didn't take the time to look at the website:

http://www.hersheypark.com/chocolatetown/

Down towards the bottom, they listed dates where they will be revealing more news. It appears that we'll get more tidbits every three months or so:

Timeline
  • October 3, 2018
  • Up Next: January 2019
  • Spring 2019
  • Summer 2019
  • Fall 2019
  • Opening: Summer 2020

As for this announcement...I like it. They didn't give us a whole hog of information, but what they showed in the rendering looks clean, modern, and welcoming. It looks like they're really opening up the space around the main entrance, which all of us who have been there know it's needed.

Regarding the coaster - it reminds me of Behemoth! I'm in the camp that thinks that it's an odd addition, but I guess it's fitting since they can market the tallest/longest gimmicks. It certainly won't be bad unless there's some sort of hardware issue causing rider discomfort - hopefully it'll run at a good clip like Mako and it'll be sexy time.

Finally, it doesn't look like they're using up very much of their newly acquired land. I imagine we'll be seeing a ton of investment through the 2020s.