217602d1377278780-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-p8230170.jpg

217604d1377278795-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-p8230175.jpg

217605d1377278802-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-p8230181.jpg

217607d1377278811-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-p8230184.jpg

217609d1377278820-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-p8230187.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

It's not just near misses for the coaster itself, it's so integrated into it's surroundings and it's going to be flying past every path and building in the area. Amazing.

fefa

Mega Poster

Yh it seems to be the first Wingcoaster after Raptor which actually makes full use of the Wingcoaster concept.

fefa

Mega Poster

Gosh they're going crazy now!
Do they plan to open in 2013? lol

217730d1377362910-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-p8240203_1_.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster

^I think they're this early to make sure that all the theming is in place for the 2014 opening. They do not want another delay like Krake...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

fefa said:
Gosh they're going crazy now!
Do they plan to open in 2013? lol

217730d1377362910-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-p8240203_1_.jpg

Anybody who says B&M is to blame for "boring" layouts can just STFU now. It's clear they will do whatever is asked of them.

fefa

Mega Poster

andrus said:
^I think they're this early to make sure that all the theming is in place for the 2014 opening. They do not want another delay like Krake...

Yh and I think they like to show off that people who visit the park and seeing the construction now makes them return next year.

I remember being at Heide Park twice in 2000 when there was barely any online communities or information about upcoming rides and seeing the construction of Colossos which had started just as early the year before - and a lot of people including myself asked staff about it and the curiosity made me tell friends and family about it which made us all visit the park again in 2001.

Word-of-mouth marketing works perfect - Nando's is the best example :p

Lottie.

Mega Poster

Looks amazing! Hopefully will be visiting the park next year if I can sort it out or unless CF are making a trip there then I may join. :)

kadabrium

Roller Poster

I suddenly notice there are circles on the track spine for each tie, which kind of remind me of Giovanola track.
Anyone has an idea what those are for?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

kadabrium said:
I suddenly notice there are circles on the track spine for each tie, which kind of remind me of Giovanola track.
My guess would be something to do with putting something inside the track to dampen the noise. It was (and maybe still is) common for B&M to fill the track with sand to stop (or quieten) the roar. It seems to be this might be how they plan to do this.

That or its something more advanced that comes up during manufacture. I can't think what off the top of my head, but there could be a reason.

JAMMYD777

Roller Poster

This is indeed for filling the track to reduce noise. B&M did this on The Swarm and the same hole covers can be seen on its track. I believe they now fill the track with a special noise reducing foam.

Anybody who says B&M is to blame for "boring" layouts can just STFU now. It's clear they will do whatever is asked of them.

This is very true. B&M have certainly been upping their game lately with new and interesting layouts, even if some of their intense forces have been lost. Also, according to a recent interview, it was actually John Wardley that designed the original layout for this wing coaster.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Although I think this might be the best Wing Coaster of the bunch, I think they missed a trick by not adding an inline-twist. The one on Swarm is the best part of the coaster imo.

fefa

Mega Poster

^ agreed, Swarms inline is awesome!
But I'm quite sure that the inclined pretzel will rock just as much

BBH

Giga Poster

The left and right wing will be two totally different rides, as will the front and back, and that's a very fortunate fact.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

This is already my favourite wing coaster. :lol:

Love the layout, colours and setting.

Lofty

CF Legend

The Inclined Preztel thing will provide such a strange experience. It looks fantastic.

Darren B

Giga Poster

Fit.

Heide certainly know what to do with a limited amount of track. This is what 2,500ft long? And look how much they're packing into the layout. They obviously don't have the budget to throw an excessive amount of money at B&M like the U.S parks do, but Krake and now this, they're spending what they do have extremely well.

Does anybody know if the person(s) responsible for Krake and (unknown Wingrider) are the same decision makers for the UK parks and Gardaland? Or is it done on a park by park basis? Because we seem to be getting short changed in the UK, with the exception of The Swarm we've received 2 sh1t Eurofighters and a family coaster in the past 4 years, whilst Heide are getting the good stuff. And tell me if I'm wrong but Saw cost £2,000,000 more than Krake and I'm guessing the Wingrider will come in less than the £18,000,000 AT have spent on The Smiler. It doesn't add up to me...

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ The Merlin Creative Developments Team, led by Candy Holland, are responsible for them. Well, at least the themes and storylines are.