What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

peep

CF Legend
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

Ethan said:
^ Ejector with Wing Coaster restraints? Ha.

Haha, this. The restraints will slightly taint this but apart from that it should be a good, if not, great ride. They haven't actually said what they're using the old flume station for, just that it's getting re-tiled - anyone know more or do we reckon it'll just be turned into a restaurant?

I don't think it's been mentioned yet that the official website is also live now. It has a small photo construction blog...

http://www.heide-park.de/wingcoaster2014/fakten/

fefa

Mega Poster

Wow I'm so positively surprised!
I'm in LOVE with that layout!

- A speed hill right at the beginning
- That flat curvy ending of the zero G leading into that deep and surprising drop (kinda reminds me of the zero G and turn of Nemesis)
- A whole new element which seems NUTS

And then the good usage of the terrain and landscape plus theming!

I love Wing Coasters and I'm pretty sure I won't dislike this one. It seems like the most innovative layout of a Wing Coaster so far to me!

Seem like the first decent investment since Colossos!

the king

Mega Poster

Now this is how a wingrider should be. A really bizarre layout and something that looks weird. I hope to ride this someday as it does indeed look like the best wingrider out of them all. The pretzel element looks very fun and of course the airtime hill.

wilpar2001

Roller Poster

BBH said:
RCDB says the coaster's name is "Fakten," which awkwardly translates (by Google and out of context) into "Facts."

Hi, i m Willem from Germany, i life about an hour away from Heide Park and i m really looking for this.
i just want to say, the name is still unknow
and written on the site "Fakten" means in english facts or stats about the coaster.

bmac

Giga Poster

Fakten sounds like a good name at a park not very involved in the themeing department of their rides. Maybe Six Flags can pick it up and try to pass it off as Falcon xD.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

fefa said:
Seem like the first decent investment since Colossos!

A bit harsh. Personally I think colossos was there first good investment, at least coaster wise.

Since colossos there has been:

Scream: an awesome Intamin gyro drop
Desert race: not the best launch, but still decent
Krake: a short, but really fun and re-rideable coaster

I do think the new wing coaster looks like the best ride since colossos, but all of the above I would say we're also good.

BBH

Giga Poster

bmac said:
Fakten sounds like a good name at a park not very involved in the themeing department of their rides. Maybe Six Flags can pick it up and try to pass it off as Falcon xD.
This made me chuckle.

Yeah, I thought it was another out-of-context mistranslation via Google but I guess Duane just misread the poster. Thanks, Willem!

Lottie.

Mega Poster
Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

I am loving the layout! <3 Trip to Heide Park next year, yes please! ^.^

Kebab

Giga Poster

Really liking that, looks like Heide Parks getting the best out of the lot! Such an unusual layout.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I'm excited for a compact B&M Coaster.

The B&M Coasters I have always enjoyed looking at were the ones that were more-compact; such as Nemesis. Because with their spread-out models you get a lot of space in the layout (which I personally don't find interesting aesthetically).

This layout certainly will be interesting to watch as the trains goes along it.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

This seems to be much more of the ilk of Flying Over The Rainforest (At least, the concept art for that anyway). I think these type of Wingriders offer much more.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Very cool layout. I'd love to see a POV conceptualization to help better create a sense of the layout.