What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

jwGkmmF.jpg

^One of my favorite coaster pictures of all time.

"HEY MOM, WHEN CAN WE TAKE A TRIP TO GERMANY?!?"

Wow, she is looking beautiful! I need to ride her right now! :wink:

Seriously those photos are valid proof that this will be the best of the Wing-Riders! I really need to get over to Heide Park next year!

I think in 2015 onwards it'll be even better.
If it gets faster like Swarm has over the last year, it'll be like a new Nemesis <3

(In my opinion it will be)

Looks good, but best one ever? Come on now. Every one built in Europe gets those remarks. X-Flight looks just as good.

I would say this looks a lot better, X-Flight is just an improved version of The Swarm, but this ride is unique in every way except for the drop and even that is still pretty unique.

Take this with a grain of salt, but this coaster kind of reminds me of Hydra @ Dorney. Weirdly shaped elements in a "non-standard" order... I like it just fine, but a lot of people seem to think it's not very good...

Maybe it's just me?

rollermonkey said:
Take this with a grain of salt, but this coaster kind of reminds me of Hydra @ Dorney. Weirdly shaped elements in a "non-standard" order... I like it just fine, but a lot of people seem to think it's not very good...

Maybe it's just me?

I've never really understood all of the ill attitude towards Hydra. It looks like a fine ride to me, I'm not entirely certain why people tend to rat on it.

It's because it's a big bag of turd ;)

Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

Hydra's layout is fine. That's not the problem. The problem is that it it's rattly, uncomfortable and unpleasant. It's not your typical, smooth B&M.

If it was smooth, it'd be a different story.

More coasters need its Jojo Roll, less coasters need that incessant rattling from the first drop to the brake run.

The jojo roll is sadly the best part of Hydra too.

I wasnt expecting such a rattle on it either. Was worse then Skyrushs massive knocks

Wait, what are you saying? Aren't B&M's always "smooth as silk"??? :roll:

Generally speaking, they still are....there is just one exception to the norm.

A new near miss element has popped up along the track.

I have been wondering, that "clearance-car", how is it measuring the clearances? I mean, it looks like it takes the arm-space into consideration, but just how much arm-space, and is it always 100 % secure?
I was hoping someone could answer that for me.

Anyways, looks good, if a little out of place, but they still have good time to integrate it better.

1375634_418117048289169_2101951728_n.jpg

I don't remember the exact measurements, but they use the tallest person allowed to rides measurements.

Clearance cars take into account the largest arm distance of their maximum height rider, yes :)