What's new

Heide Park Colossos retracking (2019)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Having a closer inspection... I actually think that image may be photoshopped. The entire structure has a grey warp around it where it blends with the sky (I don't know how else to describe it), common with photoshopped images. Not to mention there are what appear to be 2 airtime hills in the picture, the taller one looks to not have any supports whatsoever.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Having a closer inspection... I actually think that image may be photoshopped. The entire structure has a grey warp around it where it blends with the sky (I don't know how else to describe it), common with photoshopped images. Not to mention there are what appear to be 2 airtime hills in the picture, the taller one looks to not have any supports whatsoever.
It is genuine. There was another picture from a slightly different angle but can't seem to find a copy of it.
The leaked pictures were on numerous German sites but removed quickly by the request of Heide Park.
The above bit of 'track' appears to be a fake theming element - as if the creature is ripping up the track maybe?

balrog

Mega Poster
That's just compression artifacts. You can see similar paterns over the treeline on the right and pretty much anywhere with a sharp transition between highly contrasted colours.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Merlin are so lame!!!!! Let me quess their really expensive “Merlin Magic Macking” team have thought long and hard about this. Merlin Marketing are scribbling down the “worlds first” tag line.............. “worlds first reopened woodie to fuse woof & fire” prob wouldn’t get into as much **** as the did with wicker man. :p

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Dragging „Merlin Making Magic“ into this swamp is like saying „Blackstone decided the fate of Colossos“. There are distinguishable layers to a company, especially with Merlin Entertainment. If anything, I feel sympathy for MMM since their potential is being held back by people who prefer turning a dollar into 1,10 rather than dealing with actual theme park business.

kai phillips

Roller Poster
upload_2019-2-2_10-49-6.png
Another image being used on the website. on the right where the fire is engulfing the track, this looks like it's in a similar position to where they have built the theming structure.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I love the logo, the branding and what we've seen of the structure so far but it's such a stretch to advertise this as new for 2019. There must be a way to market it as a revamp or an improvement and still make it sound positive and exciting. Though my memory is hazy I remember Chessington did a good job when Vampire went floorless (reVAMPed) so it can be done honestly.

First DBGT being the future of theme park rides, then Wicker Man being the first coaster to fuse wood and fire (after Apocalypse and Wodan) and now this heavy exaggeration. I get you have to toe the line a bit to market a ride and generate buzz but I feel Merlin go too far.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Might be just me as a German living in the UK, but the subtitle is just immensely cringe worthy, which is pretty much on point with Merlin ;)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I've no problem with them calling it new to be honest, but I guess that's partially just down to me being used to Merlin marketing being Merlin. Do admit just saying something like 'returning...with a vengeance' or whatever would be nicer.

Might be just me as a German living in the UK, but the subtitle is just immensely cringe worthy, which is pretty much on point with Merlin ;)

I'm not a fan of names with tags in general, and this is no different. But when the voice from their videos says it, it does sound really awesome and dramatic. Though that might just be because I'm an Englishman with a basic understanding of German who loves the sound of the language :p

Peet

Giga Poster
A lot of British people know what the word kampf means purely thanks to Herr Hitler, o_O but I guess it doesn't have those connotations in Germany

Peet

Giga Poster
Bit of an odd thing to bring up...
The ride tag line is "kampf der giganten". I believe that most non-German speaking Europeans (like me) know what the word kampf means (struggle) because of Mein Kampf which of course is an unfortunate association. But for German speakers I'm sure it is not an associaion they will make so obviously it's fine.

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
The ride tag line is "kampf der giganten". I believe that most non-German speaking Europeans (like me) know what the word kampf means (struggle) because of Mein Kampf which of course is an unfortunate association. But for German speakers I'm sure it is not an associaion they will make so obviously it's fine.
I know what the tagline is, I just thought it was odd to bring it up. That's all haha.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
For anyone interested, the park sent us the following:
"This year will be a year of reincarnation at the heaven of theme parks and roller coasters.
The all time favourite roller coaster Colossos at Heide Park Resort will come back to life with 'Fight of the Giants'.
To celebrate this unique happening, we would like to invite you on 11th and 12th May to a two-day-Colossos-Fanday. A part of the programme will be an ERT on Colossos and exclusive backstage insights, which will show you new perspectives and background information all around the wooden giant. More Information of the upcoming programme will come soon.
To round up this Fanday, the Heide Park Resort extends an exclusive offer for overnight stays. The prices and offer packets will be released with the registration for the event during the upcoming weeks.
We are looking forward to welcome you at the Heide Park Resort!"

Last edited: