What's new

Have you seen somebody famous at a theme park?

Mike

Giga Poster
I saw Busted (or McFly, can't remember which) walking around Alton Towers a few years back when they were doing that Nemesis sponsor thing. They tried waving at my sister, but she ignored them because "they are ****".

I've also met this television personality a few times. Been on the news and radio a few times, and even appeared on Egg Heads I think! :p

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I saw Michael Jackson years ago at Disneyland. His entire face was covered up, and he had about 10 security people surrounded. Coincidently, it was on Pinocchio, and when he was on it, they said it suffered "down time" until his cycle was over. Then the line moved again as he walked away. That was many surgeries and skin shades ago.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Ohh Rush, I was in the queue for Colossus when Alexandra Burke was there! Maybe I saw you and didn't know it!!

I was behind all these little kids that went mental and started screaming her name, at which point I turned to my friend and asked 'who's Alexander Burke?', 'who's he' lol!

She had a bodyguard with her and at one point got her coat toggle stuck on the ride and had to be helped out lol!

Pierre

Strata Poster
haha my celeb spotting is pretty poor. We all saw that Narinder bint out of Big Brother at Alton Towers in 2006 ish I think.

Also Phil Stamp (berwick hills boro yerjokinarentyer) at Flamingo Land.

Nice.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
At the Alton Towers hotel I met Bill Bailey and the cast from Skins who were just walking around, happy to talk to fans.

Also +1 for Jonathan Ross on Thirteen on the day of the live

Martyn B

CF Legend
Saw Jordan, Peter & kids at DLP, just walk past us in the Village. I didn't even notice them, my girl friend had to tell me after we'd past them.

Apart from that, think the only other one was good ol' Noel Edmunds and Mr Blobby at Pleasurewood Hills, when Noel owned it.

nealbie

CF Legend
Pierre said:
I've seen Ian Bell at quite a few theme parks.

One time, I pretended to have terminal cancer and managed to get myself an entire afternoon with him at Thorpe Park!

He was such a dear, really friendly and caring. One of the best days of my life.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
nealbie said:
Pierre said:

One time, I pretended to have terminal cancer and managed to get myself an entire afternoon with him at Thorpe Park!

He was such a dear, really friendly and caring. One of the best days of my life.
He sounds like a really ncie chap! I've never seen him at a park before. In fact, I don't even know who he is and thankfully not many other people do either!

Martyn B said:
Apart from that, think the only other one was good ol' Noel Edmunds and Mr Blobby at Pleasurewood Hills, when Noel owned it.
You learn something everyday, so they say. I didn't know that. Not that it's made my life richer or anything, but it's an interesting nugget of information to bring up at the next Deal or No Deal Party I attend.

I've just thought of another one. I can't remember his name, but it was one of the teen actors from Coronation Street at Thorpe Park when Mark and Kir went in for that singing competition in 2006. '05?

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I have seen Joan Rivers, Hulk Hogan, Steven Tyler, and some of the supporting cast from the TV show "Hannah Montana". They were at various times at various places around WDW. I don't know if going to concerts counts, but I have been to many at WDW and USF. The most recent act I saw was Three Doors Down. Last March they rocked!!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ian said:
Martyn B said:
You learn something everyday, so they say. I didn't know that. Not that it's made my life richer or anything, but it's an interesting nugget of information to bring up at the next Deal or No Deal Party I attend.

Just to add some concrete to that: http://unofficialpleasurewood.co.uk/1995b.jpg

supersion

Mega Poster
I remember seeing Judy Dench sitting outside The Aerosmith Rollercoaster in Disneyland Paris, with who I presume were her grandchildren. :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Supersion has just reminded me, I remember seeing a few of them dicks from Blazin Squad when getting off the Rock'n'Rollercoaster at DLP. One of them was the dick that went on Big Brother.

Nic

Strata Poster
Dave said:
Ian said:
There was a table and two "thrones" behind it. Sam and I sat on the chairs having a farting contest until somebody told us to move along. The creepy siblings arrived and we lol'd. Tbh, I think Sam wanted to go back and sniff the sister's seat afterwards.
Wasn't that YourGay day? I think I got a picture of you guys sitting at the table, it was near Pirates Bay?
Yeah, I think so. I know I was there. Made me lol. Wasn't that the night where we went out and got messy in Milton Keynes?

Ian said:
Pierre said:
He sounds like a really nice chap! I've never seen him at a park before. In fact, I don't even know who he is and thankfully not many other people do either!
Doesn't he play cricket? ;)

Oh, and I was at Alton once where everyone around us in every queue kept talking about how they'd just seen some big celeb. Never did find out who it was they were talking about.

Only one I think I've really seen is Geri 'Ginger Spice' Halliwell being led up the Nemesis Inferno exit as we were walking off it. Walked straight past her on those narrow stairs.

I feel like I've seen a couple of others, but can't actually remember.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nic said:
Only one I think I've really seen is Geri 'Ginger Spice' Halliwell being led up the Nemesis Inferno exit as we were walking off it. Walked straight past her on those narrow stairs.
Did both of you manage to get your enormous boobs past each other, or did you get stuck and they had to release you both with loads of baby oil?