What's new

Have you seen somebody famous at a theme park?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Saw Wossy at Thirteen opening day... Was allowed to go on it numerous times before everyone else...

Bit of a dick tbh...

Seen a few over my time at Chessie... Including the Sultan of Brunei... He went about every year... They also had special priveleges... I didn't particularly approve of 30 of them coming up the exit and doing whatever they wanted but couldn't exactly do anything...

I think John Terry has (or had) an AP with his family as well... Saw an ex-Palace manager in the Inferno queue once also... Jordan (and her disabled son) on Fury as a final note...

It does annoy me when 'celebs' come in and demand special treatment though... I wouldn't do well in Guest Services if they came in wanting exit passes I tell you :lol: I'd personally only let Jordan with those because her son is disabled... But that's the rules... Anyone else could go bugger off...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Saw the guy who plays Ian Beale at Drayton Manor Park a few years back. His kids were on Pandemonium at the same time as us. Don't really remember what he was like to be honest.

Ollie

CF Legend
Seen George Sampson at Alton Towers just after he won BGT.
Im sure I've seen a couple of others but I can't remember.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Molly/Una of the The Saturdays and the rather unknown band now, Hoosiers at Stealth. They didn't seem to want attention or anything. They seemed alright.

Wossy seems to love the parks, thats his second visit to IOA I believe. He did Saw opening and Th13teen... My dad got a reply from him regarding Saws celeb breakdown. Basically overhyped bull and he wasn't even on the ride at the time... it literally just moved a little from the station then stopped.

EDIT: I rode Rush WITH Sheridan Smith from Two Pints.

spicy

Giga Poster
Met John Terry in the Glass House bar at Thorpe Park.

Seriously one of the nicest guys, he took time to have pictures with all the kids and anyone that wanted one with him and didn't seem bothered by it at all.
Although later on in the day by Stealth he was kind of getting mobbed and I felt quite sorry for him as we was only trying to have a day out with his (cheated on) wife and kids.

I saw boyband Blue at the AT hotel years ago back when they were about, my sister was unbelievably happy about it and almost crying which I found hilarious and she had her picture with them.

Thats about it I think..

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ollie said:
Lol, that reminds me when I went to Alton tower with Sam (I think a few other CFers were there) and that sickly brother/sister combo from X-Factor were there (Same Difference, IIRC).

They were signing autographs under one of the archway entrances for the courtyard.

There was a table and two "thrones" behind it. Sam and I sat on the chairs having a farting contest until somebody told us to move along. The creepy siblings arrived and we lol'd. Tbh, I think Sam wanted to go back and sniff the sister's seat afterwards.

Ollie

CF Legend
George was really annoying. He had fans and cameras following him all day and all his family and friends were wearing matching "I <3 George Sampson" T-Shirts.
He's such a big headed prick in real life. All the staff were letting him skip queues and have multiple rides without getting off. I was there with Mark (Lofty) that day and we were calling him names under our breath as he walked past and I think his mum heard as she gave us a right dirty look. :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh Christ, how could I forget this one!

One of the top bods at Chessington World of Adventures, Graham McGrath, used to play Luca Di Marco in Eastenders!

I only found that out at GhosterForce 7 when Joey told me! For those who were there, he was the chap who walked by the Vampire when we had the glowstick photo taken!

He's a smashing bloke, really enthusiastic and cheerful. I've been lucky enough to chat to him over a pain au chocolat and coffee!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Me and Peter saw Duncan James from Blue at Thorpe Park back in September when they were filiming the new series of 'Scream If You Know The Answer!'. We watched a few of the challenges that were being done, but I can't say I recognised any of the celebrities taking part. All I know is that I kept shouting "DUN'AN JEUMS!"(that's how the commentator on SIYKTA says Duncan's name...) and that countless fangirls kept pestering him for photos.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I saw ...Oh what's his name, Craig David at Thorpe Park back when Slammer was due to open, but failed to. He was hovering around it.

I think that's it, though tbh I don't really recognise many celebrities.

Ian said:
Oh Christ, how could I forget this one!

One of the top bods at Chessington World of Adventures, Graham McGrath, used to play Luca Di Marco in Eastenders!

I only found that out at GhosterForce 7 when Joey told me! For those who were there, he was the chap who walked by the Vampire when we had the glowstick photo taken!

He's a smashing bloke, really enthusiastic and cheerful. I've been lucky enough to chat to him over a pain au chocolat and coffee!
This is clearly cheating.

I don't know ANYONE who knows who I mean from Eastenders, but most people know this advert...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhTZtVy0CjU[/youtube]

That's his youtube channel btw.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Ian said:

Oh yeah, forgot about him! He was awesome. That was definatly him at GF7.

If you don't know him, you will probally after this UK advert:
EDIT^

OR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEBXDEswOW4

Or just Wild Asia ;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Lol at that video... Reminds me of a TL at London Eye who's a part-time actor... Not been in anything like Graham though...

There were a couple of celebs naturally at London Eye as well... Ben Stiller was there one day and I also met the Chelsea mascot... Can't remember many others but there were a few...

coaster_mad

Roller Poster
I once saw Stephen Mulhern doing his magic trick show whilst I was in the queue for Tomb Blaster at CWoA... at least it gave me something to watch. :p

Dave

CF Legend
Ian said:
Ollie said:
Lol, that reminds me when I went to Alton tower with Sam (I think a few other CFers were there) and that sickly brother/sister combo from X-Factor were there (Same Difference, IIRC).

They were signing autographs under one of the archway entrances for the courtyard.

There was a table and two "thrones" behind it. Sam and I sat on the chairs having a farting contest until somebody told us to move along. The creepy siblings arrived and we lol'd. Tbh, I think Sam wanted to go back and sniff the sister's seat afterwards.

Wasn't that YourGay day? I think I got a picture of you guys sitting at the table, it was near Pirates Bay?

Rush

Giga Poster
I got queue jumped twice by Alexandra Burke at Thorpe's Fright Nights last year. The first time was on Colossus as well and we even had exit passes, so technically she queue jumped us queue jumpers. :p

I can't think of any other celebrities I've seen, but on that same visit, someone mistook one of my friends as some kind of famous skateboarder and insisted on having a photograph with him. That was a bit odd.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, as Ollie has said..

George Sampson at Alton Towers. He's a prick. End of.

Also,

Sarah Harding at Alton Towers. She was there on Th13teen's Opening Day. I think it was that day anyway.

Edit: Ooh I forgot, Also, Stephen Mulhern at Alton Towers Hotel. I was sat next to him in the bar.

peep

CF Legend
Back in 2005 Thorpe Park had some music event on which meant there were a few bands walking round and then performing for free, that was totally awesome. Bands were Feeder and Razorlight and some douche called Ian something. We also spotted the T4 presenters doing their presenting in front of TV cameras.

I saw some sort of famous French model or something in one of the DLRP parades once. All celebrity guests get to sit on a float if they go to the parks, was weird as none of us knew who she was.

I have a feeling I've seen one or two other peeps but I can't think of any at the moment.

Oh and lol at seeing Graham's showreel, it's just so weird seeing him in stuff.

Ben

CF Legend
+ 1 on the Wossy thing, he walked directly next to me. Oooooh. And he was mincing in the hotel later that night, I didn't see him but the guy I was with did. I saw his wife there, the minge with the red hair? Her.

Saw Ian Beale at Drayton near the Ferris Wheel a few years back... Was probably near you Phil :p

Can't think of any others.