What's new

Have You Ever Chickened Out?

Chickened out?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah riding Millennium Force up the lift was an experience, I have to admit. I was on the left so I was next to the lake and at the top I looked down and I was like :shock:

Chickened out? Me? Anyone needing five seconds to figure out why my CC is that low?

I chickened out the first time I went to AT in '05. I missed out on Oblivion and Nemesis that time.
It was fitz99 that actually cured me by forcing me on Stealth in february. I've been fine ever since.

Nemesis, 9 years old. Odd because the ride i had ridden directly before was oblivion. An obviously scarier ride. Came back within half an hour though. Then Noticing the error of my ways.

Me chicken out on a ride? Never. :)
I always give everything a go, even those super fast flat rides that I know will make me feel sick, I still go on... why? I don't really know. :D
It's probably something to do with that when I grew up as a little child I was always putting myself in dangerous situations such as climbing up the outside of the stair banister 4 stories up. And jumping out of trees when the only hope of not hurting myself is another branch about 10 feet down 6 feet out. :D
It's because I grew up on a farm and because there wasn't much to do (besides having fun with the animals) :lol: I was always doing things that I wouldn't normally do if I had grown up anywhere else.
So no I havn't ever chickened out on a ride and I don't think I ever will. :D

I never have, but I came so close on the first time I rode the Top thrill Dragster, but I decided not to because I had waited in line for three and a half hours. It turned out absolutely amazing so I'm glad I actually did it.

when i was like 10 i went alton towers and pretty much backed out of anything big, dunno why?

as i got older i wanted to go on rides but just couldn't do it mentally, until i was about 14 i went to terra matica is spain and manged to go magnum collosus which made me quite pleased with my self, then later in the day i talked by self into Tizona (first loop).
For a while after i didnt do much until Port Aventura, Dragon khan scared out of my brains but got my self on it, that calmed by fears lol
since then i have been racking numbers up fast oblivion,furios, stealth, rita etc loads more
but last august i found my self back at Port Aventura and stood outside Hurakan Condor, that one for some reason i could not even bare to consider, (backed out of it previous year), but as night fell my cousin dragged my ass on it, thrill like no other ride has given (apart from my g/f thay is lol)

I chickened out of Ripsaw when it opened in '97. I think I was borderline tall enough, my argument was I didn't want to because I was too small, whilst my Dad argued i was. But, I didn't want to.

Until about 2003 I was a big whimp on dark rides, and would barely ride anything. I had about 2 trips to Florida I think, and refused to go on Alien Encounter because I was too scared. I easy wish I had done now, in a way. I would've loved to have seen what it was like, but I would've been balling with tears!

But now I'm just a meathead ha!

Nope, I can't think of any ride I've chickened out on.

The one ride in the world I may have to consider would be Xscream (or whatever it's called) ontop of the Stratasphere Tower. (That seesaw ride)

Well i havnt chickend out, bt when i went to drayton manor years ago, i felt very weird about shockwave!! I dardnt go on it.. bt my dad persuaded me so i went on it! After hours of purswading :D

As a kid, there were always loads of rides that I wouldn't ride. However, I'd not go near any of those rides in the first place, so I'd never wimp out whilst queueing.

Since I started riding coasters again in late 2006, I've not wimped out of anything on the grounds of being afraid of it (although it took me a while to psych myself up for PMBO, and I'll admit I was bricking it going up the lift hill).

There are rides that I don't ride simply because I don't know what effect they'll have on my stomach. Well, actually, I do know what effect they'll have, and know it'll get messy. Rides like the Eagle's Claw at Lightwater look awesome fun, but I won't ride them because I'd probably throw up afterwards.

I had about 2 trips to Florida I think, and refused to go on Alien Encounter because I was too scared.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I made the topic so I have the right to go off topic for a minute :p .

What exactly was Alien Encounter? I remember I didn't want to go on it when I went to Disney because some boy said he had bawled his head off on it and it was like, terrifying. However, I was never really sure of what it was.

LiveForTheLaunch said:
What exactly was Alien Encounter?

You probably saw me many years back coming off bawling. I didn't want to go in and my dad and sister forced me and I cried through the whole thing.

What it is, is you go through some random rooms at the beginning then get into this room with a glass tube in the middle with seats all around and you get in the seats. Then there is a alien that comes and breaks through the glass tube and starts walking around and breathes on your neck and makes weird noises. It really wasn't that scary when I look back on it but I thought it was at the time.

(Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong thats just a attraction I remember when I was there and I think it was Alien Encounter.)

Corkscrew at Cedar Point, at the ages of 8 and 9.

Now I'm scared because I'm afraid my ear will bang and it will go flying off into oblivion.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up Taylor. I think I probably would've been scared if I had gone on it when I was eight, because it sounds like something that wouldn't be suitable for younger kids. Was it just like, a person in an alien suit or was it animatronic, or was it those things you have to wear 3-D glasses for?

Corkscrew at Cedar Point, at the ages of 8 and 9.

Now I'm scared because I'm afraid my ear will bang and it will go flying off into oblivion.

I didn't find Corkscrew bad at all last time I rode it, and I think Snoo can attest to that as he said it wasn't as rough as he remembered also. There was slight headbanging but nothing substantial.

Only really Alien Encounter when 11... I was still in a 'I hate dark rides' phase...

I also didn't do Twister and Kong back then, but that was actually mainly due to feeling ill more than anything...

Technically also Earthquake, but considering the other choice was the Mummy, it doesn't count that much :p

Ooooohhhh, this brings back memories. I remember being extremely creeped out and I was like 5.

Part 1:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K22gO_VsPE[/youtube]

Part 2:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5SoQ5mUNFg[/youtube]

Part 3:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UGxRYDc9xw&feature=related[/youtube]

Back on topic...Only ride I chickened out of was Hurukan in 06. (yes, the year when stampida was good :lol: )

Ermm, PMBO when i was like 8/9! And then I rode it, hjought it was great, re-ridden it and am up to the stage now :p (thinking its a bit poo :p).

I can't think of anything else, if I do, ill edit :p

I went on Camp dragon at legoland windsor, and afterwards i wanted to go on the big dragon, but my uncle said that I looked shaken up already and I don't think he could be bothered to queue either. Went to chessington next year, but I chickend out and could only manage to get myself on seastorm.
Went to legoland again some years later, my friend forced me on jungle coaster, I enjoyed it, got about 10 rerides, wnet to chessie again, went on every ride, went to thorpe, went on loads of rides but still chickend out of stealth and slammer.

Went to thorpe again, got myself on stealth right at the end of the day, almost pissed myself, ended up being the most awesome experience of my life (of course it isn't now, but was at the time) Joined coasterforce.

I still get scared of things, like cable cars, and I dunno if i'd have gone on apoc at my first live if coasterforce hadn't been there and everything, but i managed to get on silverstar and EGF with just my family on the ground no one else riding with me. The only ride I've yet to muster the courage to get on is hex, alton towers, because i hate creepy rides. Also aerial runways and abseiling get me, although I really want to try the fantastcable zipwire

Hangtime at Dorney Park. When I saw it flip forwardS, I ran right out of there.