What's new

Has A Ride Ever Got To You?

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Its must be great doing a new concept for the first time. POV's can only show you so much and you have no idea of the forces, etc until you ride it.

Kirnu at Linnanmäki got to me a bit as I had no idea how it would ride or if the spinning was random or not. Also I was'nt expecting it to be as forceful as it turned out too.

A

Anonymous

When I was 10 I was terrified to ride Magnum XL 200. My brother and I were panicking and screaming, but when the first drop was over, we were loving it.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
My first ride on Goliath at SFMM. I was I think 10 or 11 and I was terrified with coasters, but I loved them even back then. I had waited two times before and taken the chicken road, but I was forced into my seat.

X scared me the first ride as well, I was freaking out going up the lift, but right as we started going down, I was fine.

The skycoaster at the Great Wolf Lodge in Reno was the most terrifying thing. My brother and I had talked about doing it for 3 months, and we both tried bailing but my dad made us go. I think I was 14 or so but ever since then, only a little tingle for every new coaster I ride, Dragster made my dad scream like a little girl, but that is a different story haha.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Please try not top laugh but No way out got to me on my forst ride....... Lets just say it was one of y first "bigger coasters" and the idea of going backwars sortof creeped me out. And also from riding no way out I learnt that I hate airgates! Airgates allways get to me..... ^^

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I was scared of The Haunted Hotel in Fuji-Q. But I wasnt THAT scared, I probably will be scared of Oblivion when I go on it in 1 week. SO EXcItEd aBoUt gOiNg On nEmEsIs aSWeLl.

A

Anonymous

well i would have to say the only one would be Kingda Ka and that was mostly because when we got into line i sat up on one of therailing as we waited and i was talking to my friend when the rollercoaster launched and i jumped up well 2 feet of the railing and missed the railing on the way back down. I was terrified to get on but i LOVED it!

Kebab

Giga Poster
If we're making lists of rides that have actually scared the **** out of me I may as well be truthful. (Time ordered)

- Wall's Twister Coaster (I was about 5-6 years old)
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Shockwave*
- Spinball Whizzer
- Wild Mouse (Blackpool)
- Colossus*
- Rita: Queen of Speed*
- Oblivion
- Furius Baco*
- Hurakan Condor*
- Stealth*
- SAW: The Ride
- Giant Drop (Siam Park City)

*= Rides that effectively messed me about.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
All Intamin Drop Towers, Detonator, Mega Drop (PWH) and first time on Ice Blast.
First time on Slammer
First time on Oblivion and Sheikra
First time on Pepsi Max Big One on first drop

UK got me over my fear :D

Darren B

Giga Poster
for me its got to be apocolypse at drayton manor, its a horrible feeling! but what a rush once your off, detonator is also pretty scary but not to the scale of the before mentioned.

A

Anonymous

The booster at Brighton pier, waiting for about 5 minutes facing down a long way up with sea below me, more scary than the ride istself

A

Anonymous

The booster at Brighton pier, waiting for about 5 minutes facing down a long way up with sea below me, more scary than the ride istself

A

Anonymous

I chickened out at Cedar Point when I wanted to go on Millennium Force. Sure, maybe it is forceless, but come on, a 300-foot, 80-degree drop? Top Thrill I could do, though; its drop twists, so it's easier on you.

That Treetop Racer thing looks TERRIBLE. I hate mice-esque coasters and that does not look fun..

Speaking of those types of coasters, Fly at Wonderland made me kinda nervous :p .

Ben

CF Legend
Towards the end there's a part where the track comes very, very, very close and when someone tall was getting in they didn't say "sorry, you're too tall", they said "near the end - duck".

^ LOL that happened to my stepdad at the Michigan State Fair.. Except the guy didn't tell him to duck, he had to figure it out for himself when he always smacked his head off a support :p .

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Only three rides have gotten to me. El Toro was just so amazing that I got off the ride shaking. Drop Tower at KI is just such a suspense builder, and you can feel the adrenaline rush through your body when you fall. Same story with Xtreme Skyflyer. The suspense builds as you get pulled backwards facing the ground, followed by a rush of adrenaline as you freefall.