What's new

Has A Ride Ever Got To You?

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I've never really been terrified of rides. I had a mental block against getting on a coaster with inversions. I always wanted to ride them and thought they looked great, but could never get myself on them, until I rode RnRC a few years ago. I just woke up in my hotel and decided to ride it. The only ride since then that has had any kind of effect on me was Superman Ultimate Flight. I still hate that lift hill. Oh, and I have freaked out a bit on a drop tower once or twice, but I didn't panic or black out or anything.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Nothing in particular scares me for rides any more.

I did feel quite nauseated when I rode Batman The Ride 25 times in about 90 minutes though.

QWERTYkid911

Roller Poster
The last time I got worked up was probably before going on Tower of Terror at Disney World 10 years ago. After that, I think I conquered my fears.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Hurakan Condor: It's basically like going to the top of Millenium Force in CP; instead of riding the coaster you jump off the top. :lol: Always gets me

A

Anonymous

Sling Shot (Ocean City Maryland)
Kingda Ka (Six Flags Great Adventure)
Zipper (local carnival-almost fell out of one)
Drop Zone (Kings Dominion)

A

Anonymous

In line for Toro.
Nervous as hell.

I don't get nervous at all anymore for rides nor do they scare me to the point of sweating or even screaming.

A

Anonymous

Three rides have freaked me out (the dates shown are from when I had less than 20 rides in my coaster count :roll:, yes, I remember the dates!):

Kingda Ka (1st ride: 6/23/07)

El Toro (1st ride: 9/22/06, the ridiculous airtime prevented me from riding it for 10 months (October 2007-August 2008)! Now I ride whenever possible, and it's my all-time favorite ride :!:)

Millennium Force (never rode, it's a 300-foot-drop, I mean, come on!)

P.S.: Should I really be all that ashamed about not riding MF? It's too smooth, right?

Mark

Strata Poster
When I was 9 or 10 at Chessington World of Adventures:

Rameses Revenge (Huss Top Spin)

It was my first proper visit to a theme park and although I had been on most of the other rides, I took one look at it and was absolutely panicked. It was bizarre, but I had never really seen such a machine and the sheer size of it at that age just scared the living bricks out of me! I didn't ride it until a few months later when I visited the park again and my uncle dragged me on the thing. Ironically, I loved it and subsequently, I have never ever felt that mind numbing fear about a ride since.

costar

Mega Poster
Yeah, the mind-numbing fear thing has never really happened to me. Even on the 400ft Giant Drop in Oz, it was mostly excitment that i was feeling. I will admit to a ride "getting to me though".. in the Millennium Dome a few years back (sat next to CF's very own Tom) we were held at the top of a Booster for about five minutes (there wasn't a big demand for rides). In fact, i think there may have been no-one back-to-back with us so we were thrust forwards the whole time, all this after spinning just a few feet from the Dome roof during the ride, yeah, it got to me!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
The two rides I ever felt that on, but don't anymore unfortunately, were Oblivion and Apocolypse. Apocolypse still does to a lesser extent, but Oblivion is as mild as a walk in the park sicne I've ridden it so many times!

The only reason I ever get really nervous is before the mazes at Halloween, going into the unexpected is one of my greatest fears. It getting towards that time of year again! Oh yeah!!

A

Anonymous

Heh, the first time I went on Oblivion. I didn't feel scared to the extent of what was described in the OP, but seriously, the first time on that really shook me up XD

A

Anonymous

this may soudn silly but rita:QOS, even though i had already been on stealth before, i was scared i would gethurt like I did on stealth on it.

(On stealth I fractured a tooth and got bent forwards on the break which hurt my back for about 2 weeks after)

A

Anonymous

Has to be Oblivion for me....not because I had the bad shakes or anything like that, but simply because I simply created too many reasons to not ride it this visit.....last trip to AT earlier this year, went their first...loved it...

Only other one has to be Furious Baco....now that's a ride that leaves you coursing with adrenaline...even more than Nemesis does...

Stoaty

Manderr

Mega Poster
Lol, this sounds stupid but, a Starflyer at Hull Fair a couple of weeks ago. It really did scare me!

Slash

Giga Poster
DanielSon92 said:
When I reached Stealth's 'Top Hat' just as we were banking over I ejaculated all over myself.

:)

You have got to be kidding, if you did, you should realise that roller coaster, don't give much pleasure in <u> that </u> aspect.

Oh and just to keep on topic, no not anymore I think the only thing thats done that was bomb bay at wet n wild, it just took it out of me when u had to drop, free falling into a slide. But i did it.

A

Anonymous

Armageddon at Disneyland Paris :lol: , I was only about 8 though. It was the explosions that scared me and to be fair it does feel like a realistic experience. I've never really been that bothered by any coasters in honesty though.

A

Anonymous

The Missile at American Adventure when I was about 10 - the pause before the drop really got to me, hehe.

A

Anonymous

I am really being repetive today but I would say Millennium Force, it first got me on the airtime hill after the tunnel, I had over $100 in a baggie in my pocket with my locker key and I thought it would fly into the lake. Great ride though especially at the beggining of the day. I seriously have never been terrified on a coaster.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Oblivion for the first time, when I was still fairly new to 'big' coasters, was so scared whilst hanging over the top, and had tingly hands for ages after!

and then Stealth at the front, just 'cos it feels so incredible. Just need to go ride TTD and Kinga Ka now!

A

Anonymous

The first ride on Tranan at Skara Sommarland got to me like nothing have ever done since I rode Lisebergbanan for the first time. You really have no idea on how the ride is going to be...