What's new

Guangzhou Wanda Theme Park | Guangzhou | Theme Park

JoshC.

Strata Poster
A really nice video showing off Dueling Dragons some more..

I believe the park is now open, and I saw a claim that it had 300,000 visitors in its first day. Even if that includes non-park stuff (I don't know if there is?), that's a ridiculous claim to make..

Dar

Hyper Poster
I love the zero cars on both sides of this! I don't know why, but they look amazing to me

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
WHERE THE F**K IS THIS?!

dsc04083-jpg.3057

Yeah, the dueling thing looks great, but this thing seems to have completely disappeared, not only from the park, but from everyone's collective consciousness. This poster is only a year old, so there's no way the thing wasn't already under construction in some capacity.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
WHERE THE F**K IS THIS?!

dsc04083-jpg.3057

Yeah, the dueling thing looks great, but this thing seems to have completely disappeared, not only from the park, but from everyone's collective consciousness. This poster is only a year old, so there's no way the thing wasn't already under construction in some capacity.

The ride is there and almost finished its just currently delayed (for whatever reason) its housed in this building to the east edge of the park.
GUangy2.JPG

Its on the far right of the park map listed as 50 - Go To The Heavenly Palace
GUangy6.jpg

A good shot of the ride being built from some time ago.
Guangy1.jpg
Guangy3.jpgGuangy5.jpg

You can see the building back left of this picture. Doesnt look like its finished yet. Still some scaffolding around the outside.
Guangy4.jpeg

Not sure why its not open yet but i guess its one of those really complicated prototype projects thats been somewhat underestimated building time wise. Something akin to Mission Ferrari at Ferrari World i guess.

Anyway its deffinetly there... just not open yet.

Ben

CF Legend
I believe the park is now open, and I saw a claim that it had 300,000 visitors in its first day. Even if that includes non-park stuff (I don't know if there is?), that's a ridiculous claim to make..

It definitely didn't have 300,000 visitors lol, imagine! I can imagine a claim like that coming out.

We nearly went to the opening day and then I realised I couldn't be arsed with the faff, most of the stuff isn't open, and I'll be back there soon enough. Fun story for y'all.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It definitely didn't have 300,000 visitors lol, imagine! I can imagine a claim like that coming out.

We nearly went to the opening day and then I realised I couldn't be arsed with the faff, most of the stuff isn't open, and I'll be back there soon enough. Fun story for y'all.

Ive read so many similar claims from Chinese parks over the years.
Always huge numbers like 400,000 in a weekend or 300,000 in a day. Which makes no sense.
I do wonder if its something to do with the way the Chinese langauge breaks down numbers into sets of 4 rather than 3 and Translate functions screwing it up.
But to be honest its probably just over hyping.

But in case you are wondering Chinese splits numbers different to western number systems. We for example would say 10,000 for Ten Thousand where as Chinese would split this as 1,0000.

heres a handy table from here - https://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/Big_numbers_in_Chinese

The more you know :p

Typical splitChinese splitCharactersPinyin
10,0001,0000一万yīwàn
12,0001,2000一万二yīwàn èr
13,2001,3200一万三千两百yīwàn sānqiān liǎngbǎi
56,7005,6700五万六千七百wǔwàn liùqiān qībǎi

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The ride is there and almost finished its just currently delayed (for whatever reason) its housed in this building to the east edge of the park.
View attachment 5434

Its on the far right of the park map listed as 50 - Go To The Heavenly Palace
View attachment 5437

A good shot of the ride being built from some time ago.
View attachment 5433
View attachment 5435View attachment 5436

You can see the building back left of this picture. Doesnt look like its finished yet. Still some scaffolding around the outside.
View attachment 5438

Not sure why its not open yet but i guess its one of those really complicated prototype projects thats been somewhat underestimated building time wise. Something akin to Mission Ferrari at Ferrari World i guess.

Anyway its deffinetly there... just not open yet.
Hmmmm. I was going to pull a sickie in a couple of weeks and go before I leave for the summer/my Chinese visa expires. It's not like it's difficult to go again when this thing opens, but I'm tempted to hold off.