What's new

Good "first upside down coasters?"

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Unlike almost everyone else mine was on a stand up- Shockwave at Drayton. I'm glad my first inversion was the classic vertical loop.

hattmac02

Roller Poster
Edward M said:
I'll agree with Scorpion and just about any 1 loop Schwarkopf. My first was supposed to be Shockwave at SFOT when I was 6 but it was closed so I rode Flashback instead. I thought 6 inversions was such a big deal at the time.

This, being from tampa scorpion is what started it all back in 97-98. after that day i couldnt wait to be tall enough for month/kumba

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
My first one was 'Wervelwind' in Bobbejaanland, which is now Tornado in Bosque Mágico in Mexico. It was a Vekoma Whirlwind, so the perfect rollercoaster for having your first 'upsidedown' coaster.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Shockwave at Drayton Manor was mine and wouldn't recommend it to anyone! The hang-time and standing up sensation is enough to put anyone off, let alone the violent nature of it.

I would say Revolution at Blackpool is a good shout, it's short, only has one loop, not intense by any means and you get to experience a loop backwards too! It's easy to build the courage up to after a couple of rides on Dipper and Nash, and then you can try and brave the bigger Coasters like Infusion and Big One!

JoshJ753

Roller Poster
ThomVD said:
I don't think Blue Fire would be particularly good for a first time looping coaster, at least not if you're scared to go upside down. Lapbars only plus the crazy heartline roll make it a bit too much. My first looping coaster was Python in the Efteling and I thought it was perfect for a first time. Not too rough, pretty comfy OTSR's, and the most basic inversions (looping, corkscrew).

Yeah, but I thought that Blue Fire is good for adrenaline-seeking kids :--D

Darren B

Giga Poster
Mine was Kraken and I loved it. I'd recommend a B&M for a first inversion, they do them brilliantly! Alternatively - Schwarzkopt are equally smooth and forceful.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Re: Good "first upside down coasters?"

Mine was Colossus at Thorpe Park. Certainly wouldn't recommend it as a first looper! Horrid thing!

3Dimensions

Mega Poster
My first upside down coaster was Rage at Adventure Island, it is quite small , and is quite a smooth Eurofighter as well. Only 3 inversions (that over-banked turn *does* count) which don't look too imposing, plus the location and theming also makes it stand out much more as a family ride.

Ridewatchers

Roller Poster
We have a ride here called "Revolution." It is the first upside-down roller coaster in the US. One inversion. After that, you'll want to ride the Smiler!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^ Most know that already tbh. :/

Any 1 loop Schwarzkopf coaster is good.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

JamesB

Mega Poster
My brothers first upside down cred was Magic Mountain at Gardaland, its a brilliant looper, the restraints are so comfortable, we both loved it. My first upside down cred was at Hayling Island, that wretched gold mine coaster, horrid experience!

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ Magic Mountain was also my first. I think that these Vekoma double loop corkscrews are pretty good coasters for a starter.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
caffeine_demon said:
Jordanovichy said:
My first was Turbo on Brighton Pier but given that you're in America so I'd assume that's quite out of your reach ;)

Owch - surprised that didn't put you off coasters for good!

Mine was corky at Alton!

ECG stole my answer.
Mine was Corkscrew at Myrtle Beach, SC.

Dutchess

Roller Poster
Like ThomVD said, I too would suggest Python at the Efteling or possibly Kanonen at Liseberg (despite lots of people saying it's rough and uncomfortable I couldn't agree less, this isn't something that I've ever experienced).
If you're looking for an inverted one I'd say Black Mamba at Phantasialand.

Alex23

Roller Poster

My first one was Rock n Rollercoaster at MGM studios, I thought it was a good one as I didn't really know when to expect it!

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Indiana Jones at Disneyland Paris was my first inversion. Did it when I was 8 but didn't actually realise it had an inversion since it's so hidden behind the rockwork. Took me a little by surprise! Was definitely a good first looper though, I think any coaster with just one or two simple inversions is good for the first time.