What's new

Golden Ticket Awards 2013

The thing about Mitch is that, by and large, all the coasters in the top 10 are outstanding. The next 10, very good, so on. I may not agree with the individual placing of whats better than what, but as a whole it portrays a fairly accurate picture.

What I think is unusual is you don't get "first year overrating" on Golden Ticket, though.

But the sea of hyper coasters is just **** stupid. There are other rides out there more exciting, fun and critically of a good standard than these 10 mega coasters taken from the top and scraped from the bottom of the barrel, chewed up and spit out in no logical arrangement.

Why is Magnum even there? I mean, I305 is poo, but I understand why it's there. Magnum is just not relevant.

Oh sorry I forgot it's at CP.

rtotheizzo17 said:
They top 10 usually rotate out between the Hyper/Giga of the month.
Why wouldn't they? I305 is the most awesome coaster I've ridden in my life with probably Apollo's Chariot coming in 2nd, seeing as those are the only two I have ridden over with over a 200 ft. drop. The first hill after the drop on Apollo's gave me airtime like I've never had before, but the forces of I305 blew me the fark away. I really liked Mindbender at SFOG, the best Arrow I've ridden is Tennessee Tornado, and probably my favorite woody is Rebel Yell. I've only been to Myrtle Beach, Dollywood, Kings Dominion, SFOG, SFOT, Disneyworld, and Bush Gardens.

On a side note, I did get to ride the Swamp Fox and the Arrow Corkscrew at Myrtle Beach. The Swamp Fox was nice and dangerous feeling, and The Corkscrew was my first time experiencing OTSR. Beat the Hell out of me.