What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

marc

CF Legend
You should get one no problem thanks to the O2 thing.

I should really get an O2 pay as you go just for this type of reason.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Britney.

June 3rd and 4th 2009.

The O2.

Two dates ONLY in the whole of Europe.

Tickets on sale 5th December.

Um, who is going to just sit around, probably not go to uni until he is SURE he has his tickets? Moi.

The event I've been waiting for for years is finally coming <3

:(

I was hoping it;d be easy to get tickets for. I'm gonna go out and buy myself an O2 sim to see if it helps :p

Matt

Roller Poster
Saw Airbourne at the Astoria tonight - and due to a fuck up by live nation with the guestlist - i'm going again tomorrow, AAA and to the after show party! Awesome.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Matt said:
Saw Airbourne at the Astoria tonight - and due to a fuck up by live nation with the guestlist - i'm going again tomorrow, AAA and to the after show party! Awesome.

You lucky git. I would kill to see Airbourne one of the only new band with any credibilty. I am sick of freakin bands like tw*ts in glass houses and youandmehavinggaysexatsix.

Airbourne are the torch bearers for the next generation and will be the heirs to AC/DC's throne....Provided they don't die from liver failures.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Saw New Found Glory last night at Rock City. I'm not a big fan. Don't own one album by them as a matter of fact, but it was absolutley incredible! managed to catch one of the support bands too, Set Your Goals. They were very good. Reminded me of Zebrahead a bit, whom of which are one of my favourite bands. So I was pretty chuffed with that! It was sold out, and I've never seen a crowd so enthusiastic at Rock City! When they came on literally everyone was jumping, left to right, front to back. Since the main hall is upstairs, I could feel the floor bending in! I was like AHH it's going to cave ha!

Got The Ghost of a Thousand in December, then that's it for a while. Not many decent gigs lined up for Rock City any time soon actually.

Bitter

Mega Poster
Everytime i click in this topic hoping someone's got a good tale of a good band they saw... alas I am always disappointed.

Going to see KoL in December. I would be excited, but their last album was really underwhelming, and as much as I HATE people who stop liking bands because they get popular, it is the case that a few years ago it was like "Hey! That's KoL playing!" and now it's like "Oh... it's KoL playing.... again". I'm such a hypocrite.

Got tickets to see Derren Brown at the Lowry next April which will be awesome, he totally blew me away last time.

And finally I've been playing at a local open mic style thing once a month at a local pub, but I don't think that really counts. Fun though.

Matt

Roller Poster
^ They've got 40 minutes..so nope

Edit - last.fm reports we're getting:
Clenching the Fist of Dissent
Imperium
Old
From This Day
Halo
Now I Lay Thee Down
Davidian

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
^Wrong. You shall see tonight.

Got in and found our seats just as Children Of Bodom were in their 1st song. I am not a big fan but I made out Bloodrunk, In Your Face and Hate Crew Death Roll. A pretty mediore band. Not bad.

The "Machine ****in' Head" chant got going in the upper levels thanks to me and my friend who insistently shouted it until those behind us were forced to oblige.

They finally came on and I was ****ting myself with excitement. I was going nuts for them and singing along to everything. I lost my voice at the end of their set. This might not be correct order but they played

Clenching The Fists Of Dissent
Imperium
Now I Lay Thee Down
Ten Ton Hammer
Old
Halo
Davidian

I think that is about it. They were amazing and blew my expectations away. When they finished I was just extatic and so was my friend.

Slipknot came on after a while but in my opinion didn't live up to what Machine Head did.

Set included

Surfacing
The Blister Exsists
The Heretic Anthem
Eyeless
Prosthetics
Only One
Disasterpiece
Duality
Before I forget
Psychosocial
Dead Memories
Spit It Out ( which naturally included the whole "jump the **** up" thing Corey always makes us do)

Pretty good but MH just made it so hard to follow and in my and my mates opinion owned the night.

I now have a thumping headache and everytime I moved my neck I am in agony. I think I have whiplash brought on from headbanging.

My only complaint is that I felt sick in Slipknot due to an unwise desicion to put chilli doritos in a danish pastry and eat them on the train up. It didn't catch up to me til Slipknot but I had really band stomache pains and the strong need for a **** which Joey's drumming didn't help.

marc

CF Legend
Whats stupid is Britney tickets go on pre sale tomorrow and no one knows the bloody price of them.

Ben

CF Legend
^Ugh, I know.

Especially if they end up in the 100s, and all she's going to do is mime. That wouldn't impress me.

marc

CF Legend
She is being slagged off left right and centre at the moment. She has mimed in other concerts though, as has Madonna and other acts.

I have tbh I still dont think Britney is ready for this tour.

Dave

CF Legend
Double post here :D

But ****ing what a gig! May of chipped a tooth because someone ****ing kicked me in the jaw while crowd surfing, ****er.

Children of Bodom
A nice little set opener, not really a great fan of this bad, as most songs start and end nearly exactly the same way tbh. I like Hate Crew Deathroll as a finisher, the double bass just tore through your chest. But overall a good band, Alex Laiho is a big headed twat, neads his head sorted.
6/10

Machine Head
A lot of hype over this american band who I think are too over-rated. So it started really well with Imperium and worked up with a good set. Kinda felt Rob Flynn half arsed it by getting people to sing most the songs for him, like I know its good for the crowd but I paid to get in, could you sing it for me? The cover of Iron Maiden was really good, twas enjoyable and Davidian was a joy to hear live.
8/10

Slipknot
Wow, wow, wow, Machine Head can suck my balls, Slipknot were better ;) I heard from a friend they sucked live but this tore that comment apart. Opened brilliantly with Surfacing which opened the pit up which I joined into a frenzy of moshing and ended up on the other side of the Apollo. Moving on into more heavier songs like Disasterpieces it culminated with Spit it Out, one of the single most insane moments i've ever done at a gig, just getting down low with 400 people and then jumping into a frenzied pit of punching and pushing was just a adrenaline filled and sweaty encounter.
Fantastic, loved every minute of their set! :D
9/10
(because they didn't play Left Behind)

Setlist in no particular order

Surfacing
Sic
Liberate
Only One
Prosthetics
Heretic Anthem
Before I Forget
Duality