What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

I went and saw Fall Out Boy at Wembley Arena last night. After a ridiculously long trek from Hastings including a train breakdown that lasted about an hour and many tubes we got to Wembley.

After finding the arena we queued and went in. First support was youmeatsix who were sh*t and not worth the hype Kerrang constantly heaps on them. Their attempt to start a circle pit was pathetic but then again half the audience was 12/13. That said there were a lot of adults there too but probably parents.

After a long wait Boys Like Girls came on and they were rather good. The singer has a cool voice and they interacted well with the audience. I think I will check their music out. Pete Wentz ran out and did a song with them towards the end of their set.

Fall Out Boy came on just after 9 and opened with Thnks Fr Th Mmrs which like all their other songs provoked a huge singalong. Other stuff included Take Over, The Break's Over and loads of stuff from Infinity On High. Only being a casual fan, I didn't know the other stuff.

We went and got drinks after a few songs so I missed This Ain't A Scene... I was busy watching someone being sat on by security and thrown out after screaming their head off. Much more entertaing than Wentz and co.

We left just after 10 to give us time to make it back across London. I found some discarded Pete Wentz posters where as usuall he is semi naked and decided to rob a couple because the guy selling them wasn't there. But they are all shady ****s who sell knock off gear anyway so it is justified.

Got the train home and before it left I gave all my left over money to a homeless guy because he was trying to raise 8 quid to stay in a hostel. I hope he manage to get the rest.

All in all, FOB were nothing special. They weren't bad but weren't particularly amazing either. To be good live you have to offer something different than what it sounds like on CD. That is my complaint with Bullet, A7X and Dragonforce. It just sounds the same.

So you had the nerve to try and have a pop at me for missing one seminar at uni, and yet you're a ****ing thief who thinks it's ok to steal someone elses goods purely because ''they're all shady''. Right.

^
Yeah, but he gave the money for them to a guy who probably deserved it more, for his 'hostel'... which, personally I'm always sceptical about... but anyways, karma works in mysterious ways...

In which bad people are forced to attend Fall Out Boy gigs :p

v I wasn't being entirely serious, hence the latter sentence... But I think you're exaggerating the scale of this scandal somewhat :)

So if I stabbed somebody, but then gave my knife to a butcher who needed it, would that make me a good person? Karma, after all. :)

Saw Oasis last thursday at Wembley Arena, were absolutly immense! They were the last band that I really wanted to see live, although ended up getting a ticket for £85 off ebay (which was cheap considering touts outside were charging £150), plus travel down from Leeds. Ah well, totally worth it!
Played all their old songs, plus 5 or 6 off the new album, which sound much better live than I expected!

Smithy said:
So if I stabbed somebody, but then gave my knife to a butcher who needed it, would that make me a good person? Karma, after all. :)

They had been abandoned. It wasn't like I stole them when his back was turned. They were about 300 metres away and I saw the posters lying there so I nicked them.

And if you stabbed somone and gave your knife to a butcher then the principle of karma wouldn't work. However if you stabbed someone and gave the knife to a homeless guy.... :wink:

Anyway I think nicking a couple of FOB posters is a tad different from stabbing someone.

You gave your money to someone who needed it.

In that instance, I gave my knife to somebody who needed it. Thus, it works.

Stealing is stealing, don't sit here and try and justify it to me.

^yeah it would be nice, although here, they got sold out 26'000+ tickets in less than 30 minutes (as per usual).

Last gig I was at, was Colors Festival 2008 http://www.clubcolors.net/ It was **** awesome, great music (ie. Tiësto's Adagio for strings live, was quite euphoric <3 ), lasers, light screens, atmosphere and some 3000 people (of which very many were good looking and hot) in an old factory. Was there for 12 hours the first day, 10 on the next day, got very worn out afterwards though, too much dancing and dehydration (even though didn't have any alcohol that weekend).

Next gig I'm going on, is today, Infected Mushroom. I don't really like them that much, but my friend wanted (prefered) someone to come, so I listened to their albums, it was just good enough that I bought a ticket.

After that I should buy a ticket to see Whitesnake in December.

Dave said:
Bunch of **** they are.

Other words Metallica are on tour, Dave wants a ticket.
Well spotted Dave, I shall be getting one of those.
MACHINE HEAD SUPPORTING :D :D :D
This makes me even happier.

Oh. The O2 is sold out.
****'s sake, Dave... why didn't you tell me about this YESTERDAY :cry:

SON...OF...A...****ING....BITCH!

That is the THIRD bloody time I have tried and failed to get tickets to a Metallica show! and Machine Head? :( At least I'm seeing them in December but I want Metallica so bad.

The best I got was Iron Maiden who as much as I love and have loved since I was 10 are just not as awesome as Metallica.

danielfitzgerald99 said:
Kill Hannah were absoloutley mind blowing last night. The support bands were good too for a change.

Serpico weren't to memorable but were worth a watch

My passion were a bit like MSI who I despise but I quite liked these guys

Exit Ten were great and got a really brutal pit going. I am covered in bruises now though but that happens

Right so Kill Hannah. They used Life In The Artic as their intro before coming out one by one when there parts came in and that bass line is heavy as hell live. They had strob lazers coming out of their guitars too and then Matt came out and everyone went nuts.

Set list included Boys & Girls, Believer, Love You To Death, Crazy Angel, Kennedy, A new one called Acid Rain, The Songs That Saved My Life, The Chase, a really old one where Matt got an accoustic guitar out and played then they finished with Lips Like Morphine. Every song got an incredible reaction and it turned into a near rave because everyone one was jumping up and down and there were a lot strobes. At the end Matt took a mouthful of water and sprayed it out his mouth like a fountain into the crowd and my moth was open so I swallowed a bit which was pretty cool.

I am going to grab a ticket for their London show at the end of the month tonight. They deserve so much more recognition than they get because the truly are one of the best bands EVER!

Woop glad you enjoyed :) Got me all excited for next saturday in birmingham now, nearly as excited as GF tehe.

^The Rifles. What a smashing gig. The two support bands were alright, while they were on me and me mate nabbed two posters of the walls and then got ready at the front for The Rifles come on. It was mental at the start and they did a pretty decent set. Got a new Rifles t-shirt and an EP - was a great night!

Kill Hannah tonight at LA2. Will be front row of course and I am determined to meet Matt this time round.

And then the Unholy Alliance tomorow with....SLAAAAAAAYEEEEER! Finally.