What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Matt

Roller Poster
^ I was thinking about it, but they've gotten really shit live recently. Would go for Black Tide and In Case of Fire, but the idea of seeing Bmth again makes me feel physically sick.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
silenthillXD said:
^^^ FLY LEAF RULE!

I actually love you now!

Anyway Kill Hannah were wicked again. I got to LA2 at 2pm and waited until 7 to get in which sucked because you have to queue in this dive of a bin alley that smells like piss and it was freezing. People made bonfires in the bins to keep warm though and I had a nice chat with the Serpico singer about how the tour was going and everything. I ended up giving cash to a homeless guy again. What is it with London and homeless people?

Got in at 7 and bought 2 CD's of old and rare KH material that you can not find anywhere except on tour. Got down to the front and watched Serpico. It was a good set again like last month's show.

Some Chic band were up next and were pretty damn good considering they all looked about 16 but seriously hot too and the guitar play winked at me.

I got talking to girl next to me and realised she had what I though was an American accent so asked her where she was from. It turns out she is Canadian but it such a cute little accent. It was her first gig and we got chatting for a bit. Got her name and she got mine but I lost her when KH started so I tried to look her up on Facebook to no sucess.

My passion tore it up again and the singer came right down in front of me and pointed at me. Wooo :lol:

KH. The set was pretty much same as last time. Boys & Girls, Believer, The songs that saved my life, The Collapse, Home, Acid Rain, Kennedy, Crazy Angel, The Chase and some others. Naturally the encore was Lips Like Morphine. Brilliant show and finished at 11 on the dot giving me plenty of time to head back to Charing Cross for the last train home. Got back at 1:30.

Seriously if you haven't listened to them do. You will immediatley fall in love with them. Everyone I play them too does. Matt Devine has a beautiful voice which is weirdly sexy.

Crazy Angel

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gGUmP9TwN ... re=related

Scream

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k6gFPaDet ... re=related

Tonight...Slayer!

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Amon Armath were the 2nd best ^

Right so, Unholy Alliance.

Amon Armath were pretty good and the crowd seemed to to dig them. There was a lot of swigging from hollowed out horns and some insane synchronised windmilling.

Mastadon were boring.

Trivium were annoying. The only good thing I can say about them is that they have good stage presence and a lot of confidence. The problem is that Matt Heafy thinks everyone loves him when a lot of people really don't. The drums were so loud it drowned everything out but I got to admire some pretty blistering double bass. A lot of people down the front enjoyed it but they finally did one after an hour or so.

Anticipation for Slayer was high and when they came on at 21:45 :x they did not disapoint. They work tightly like a well oiled machine and have the same professionalism as Iron Maiden did. They literally tore through the set and stopped only a couple of times to thank us including Tom Araya saying

"We had joy, we had fun we had....SEASONS IN THE ABYSS" before ploughing through Seasons in the Abyss. Hightlights were "South Of Heaven" "Jihad" "Angel Of Death". They did the whole Reign In Blood album in chronological order but I had to leave before Raining Blood which I was SO pissed off about. I did catch Angel Of Death, Piece By Piece, Necrophobic, Alter Of Sacrafice, Jesus Saves, Criminally Insane and another one though.

I nearly missed the last train home and was so relieved to catch it.

Highlights include seeing Slayer after 2 years of wanting too and some guy in Trivium shirt in queue for the bar. But some Slayer guy walking up to him, looking at him, exlaiming "**** OFF" and shoving him out of the way to order a beer. That got some cheers.

tks

Strata Poster
I went to see Goldfrapp on Friday night.

She was amazing, even after walking off the stage during A&E... ¬.¬ She got pissed off at people taking flash photography, asked nicely before she started the song, and people kept taking photos so she walked off. Made her point, and nobody dared to take any photos after that haha :D

Karen

Hyper Poster
Kill Hannah last night was excellenty.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbM7cgdFO3g[/youtube]

The end of tour finale, AC/DC specially for the tour manager.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Saxon played Holmfirth as a warm up gig for the tour last night, and it was totally amazing in such a small venue, about 300 people, what a show, played two mnew songs and said they'd be announcing some UK Festivals for 2009 soon, bring on Manchester Apollo!

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Yeah I had a conversation with the singer about the fire and everything. He spent a while hanging out with people before the show.

Glad you had enjoyed KH again too Karen. It is pretty hard not too though. What do you think of "Acid Rain"?

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Saw Feeder today, was ****ing amazing! Got absolutly mental down at the front, was great fun! Would reccomend anyone whos a casual fan to try and get a ticket for another date on the tour, I'm going again next week in Southampton it was that good! :p

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^ Weren't Fightstar supporting? How were they? I love Fightstar.

I'm off to go see Finch a week on Sunday. I can't wait! I used to love them a few years ago, so it'll be awsome if they wack out some of their older songs.

new Found Glory in a couple of weeks too. Always good to have a laugh! I haven't got any other gigs planned yet, but I'm hoping to get Alkaline Trio and The Ghost of a Thousand tickets when I get round to it.

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Na, we got the first night of The Chemists, who were pretty good actually!
Saw Feeder again last night, if possible they were even better! Got on the barrier, and caught a plectrum at the end too!

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Saxon/Motorhead in Manchester wasd amazing, well, Saxon were, we saw Motorhead on stage, they started with Iron Fist, then we left, we only wanted to see Saxon.

They were totally amazing, again, I can't believe they arn't a colossus in the metal fraternity, they are easily equals against bands like Iron Maiden, I mean, they put on a ****ing unbelievable live show, I nearly **** my pants with joy it was that good.

SAXON!

Ben

CF Legend
Britney.

June 3rd and 4th 2009.

The O2.

Two dates ONLY in the whole of Europe.

Tickets on sale 5th December.

Um, who is going to just sit around, probably not go to uni until he is SURE he has his tickets? Moi.

The event I've been waiting for for years is finally coming <3

marc

CF Legend
I bet Mark will want to go as well.

I imagine I will be sat at work getting them :)

2nd thoughts might ask my mum to get them as she is on O2, can get them early that way.

Ben

CF Legend
Haha, no.

It'll already be overdraft-central just trying to pay for mine, lol. I bet with only two dates on the whole continent the price will be ridiculous.

However, it is Queen Britney. I will sell family members for a ticket.