What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Will

Strata Poster
That Maiden tour this year was sensational - not that I'd expect anything else at this point :D Very excited to see Bruce on his own in some more intimate venues next year.

@Nicky Borrill - as luck would have it, I do have a spare ticket for Creeper in Lincoln on 22 March :p

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That Maiden tour this year was sensational - not that I'd expect anything else at this point :D Very excited to see Bruce on his own in some more intimate venues next year.

@Nicky Borrill - as luck would have it, I do have a spare ticket for Creeper in Lincoln on 22 March :p
I'll come mate, I'm off on Fridays at the moment, so every reason to think it won't be an issue pubwise... How much is / was the ticket?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
So 2023 in review

Pretty much just did a few festivals this year... They're much better value for money with the crazy prices of gigs at the moment.

Glastonbury 2023 we saw:

Randall
Example
Faithless (DJ Set)
Mike Skinner
Lightning Seeds
Texas
Newton Faulkner
Foo Fighters (Secret set billed as The Churnups. was a bloody brilliant short greatest hits set! They only had an hour so it was stacked!)
Fred Again... (My favourite set of 2023!)
Arctic Monkeys
Four Tet
Rick Astley
Lewis Capaldi
Lizzo
Guns N Roses
Andy C
Fred Again... Again... (Secret Set)
Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Elvana
Becky Hill
Lil Nas X
Elton John
Shy FX
Wilkinson

+ Lots of smaller acts on smaller stages I can't remember haha... We spent a good while in the acoustic tent one day, sheltering from the intense sun. Stumbled on Magic Numbers who were good and Badly Drawn Boy, remember Badly Drawn Boy???

Splendour Festival 2023 we saw:

Venbee
Everything Everything
Sugarbabes
Rudimental
The Vaccines
Madness
Confidence Man
The Kooks
Sam Ryder
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Kendal Calling 2023 we saw:

Scouting for girls
Nile Rodgers & Chic
Ellie Dixon
Dick & Dom
We Are Scientists
Melanie C
Example
The Lathums
Kasabian
Happy Mondays
Lottery Winners
Kt Tunstall
Confidence Man
Rick Astley
Jaguar Skills
DJ Yoda
JFB
Professor Green
Natalie Imbruglia
Kaiser Chiefs
Royal Blood (Boring so left and went to watch a Fleetmac haha)
Fleetmac Wood

I think that's it... But if I remember anything else I'll add it in.

So far for 2024 I have booked:

Creeper (Thanks @Will )
Foo Fighters (Manchester)
Glastonbury (Rented a luxury motorhome next year... Posh :p )
Kendal Calling

And we will be booking Splendour, if it goes ahead, and the new festival that's popped up in Derby.

JackFish

Mega Poster
My favorite is the UNT Concert where they played the First Suite In Eb. Beautiful horn solo, masterfully written. Goosebumps.
Okay, if DCI finals count then the 2018 finals were my favorite music gig I've ever been too (Babylon)!!!!!
And Weird Al Yankovic's crazy ill advised something something something tour was really good!
Oh yeah, Taylor Swift Eras Tour in Kansas City was fun, im not a swiftie but we got lucky and it was the best fan environment id ever seen (Except for DCI)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A Decent gig list from me this year with a large chunk at Glasto as usual (where who knows maybe i crossed paths with @Nicky Borrill who knows?

Frank Turner
Slow Readers Club
Paramore
Seafret
Swim Deep
Goo Goo Dolls

Glasto 2023
Lekkido Lord Of The Lobsters
Arctic Monkeys
Cat Stevens
Ben Howard (most dissapointing gig of the year)
Fred Again
The Hives
Lightning Seeds
Fatboy Slim
Rick Astley (Yeah im gonna say it my fav gig of 2023, just pure joy)
Lottery Winners
Foo Fighters (Churnups)
Eaves Wilder
Texas
Bootleg Beatles (Always great fun)
Elton John
Plus a billion other smaller acts I've probably forgotten

The Hoosiers
Lauren Mayberry (Lead singer from Chvrches solo stuff)
Ash
The Subways
Andrew Cushin
The Coronas (Didnt know much about them but highly recomend, great live)
Hard-Fi
Inhaler
Tom Grennan
Chumbawamba (Remember them?)
Rudimental

The Miss List
Several gigs i had tickets for that I had to sell or miss due to work 😭
Death Cab For Cutie
Friendly Fires
Alex Hornes Horne Section
Pigeon Detectives

Booked for 2024 already
Glastonbury 2024 (whoop)
Feeder
Bloc Party
Friendly Fires
The Hives
The Subways
The Coral
The Twang
The Postal Service
Death Cab For Cutie

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
A Decent gig list from me this year with a large chunk at Glasto as usual (where who knows maybe i crossed paths with @Nicky Borrill who knows?

Frank Turner
Slow Readers Club
Paramore
Seafret
Swim Deep
Goo Goo Dolls

Glasto 2023
Lekkido Lord Of The Lobsters
Arctic Monkeys
Cat Stevens
Ben Howard (most dissapointing gig of the year)
Fred Again
The Hives
Lightning Seeds
Fatboy Slim
Rick Astley (Yeah im gonna say it my fav gig of 2023, just pure joy)
Lottery Winners
Foo Fighters (Churnups)
Eaves Wilder
Texas
Bootleg Beatles (Always great fun)
Elton John
Plus a billion other smaller acts I've probably forgotten

The Hoosiers
Lauren Mayberry (Lead singer from Chvrches solo stuff)
Ash
The Subways
Andrew Cushin
The Coronas (Didnt know much about them but highly recomend, great live)
Hard-Fi
Inhaler
Tom Grennan
Chumbawamba (Remember them?)
Rudimental

The Miss List
Several gigs i had tickets for that I had to sell or miss due to work 😭
Death Cab For Cutie
Friendly Fires
Alex Hornes Horne Section
Pigeon Detectives

Booked for 2024 already
Glastonbury 2024 (whoop)
Feeder
Bloc Party
Friendly Fires
The Hives
The Subways
The Coral
The Twang
The Postal Service
Death Cab For Cutie
Looks like we were at a lot of similar sets...

Rick Astley was genuinely brilliant wasn't he, really played the crowd well and kept us entertained. Didn't go down so well at Kendal, as he didn't seem quite as humbled as he did at Glasto, haha.

Looks like you missed the secret set he did with the Blossoms too? I knew about it, but have seen Blossoms too many times, and Rick Astley that weekend so skipped it, wish I hadn't now.

Did you get tickets for next year too?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Looks like we were at a lot of similar sets...

Rick Astley was genuinely brilliant wasn't he, really played the crowd well and kept us entertained. Didn't go down so well at Kendal, as he didn't seem quite as humbled as he did at Glasto, haha.

Looks like you missed the secret set he did with the Blossoms too? I knew about it, but have seen Blossoms too many times, and Rick Astley that weekend so skipped it, wish I hadn't now.

Did you get tickets for next year too?
I didn't make it to the Blossoms/Astley set either and also regret it. Can't remember who was on at the same time but yeah was elsewhere.

Think the crowd and the sunny weather was just perfect for Rick to strut around the pyramid that morning though. Far surpassed my "this is going to be a one song meme set" expectations.

I do have tickets for 2024. Will be number 13 for me having been every year since 2007 with the exception of the COVID delayed 2022/21/22 festival.

Enjoying some of the more bizarre rumours flying around for next year as always.

Just returned from my final gig of 2023!

It hasn't been a super-filled year; missed a lot of shows due to work commitments/park trips but still managed a fair amount! Headliners in Bold.

JANUARY
Shadow of Intent, Enterprise Earth, Angelmaker, To the Grave

Twilight Force, Seven Spires

FEBRUARY
The Darkness, Black Stone Cherry

MARCH
RANCID OFFAL FESTIVAL - Guttural Slug (playing Megalodon in full), Twitch of the Death Nerve, VxPxOxAxAxWxAxMxC, Iniquitous Savagery, Septic Congestion, Visions Of Disfigurement, Spawned From Hate, Coprocephalic Mutation, .357 Homicide, Embolectomy, Dawn of Animosity, Maggot Erotica

APRIL
Sabaton, Babymetal, Lordi

MAY
nothing

JUNE
DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL - Metallica x2, Bring me the Horizon, Slipknot, Pendulum, Epica, Ingested, Disturbed, Carcass, Polaris, Three Days Grace, Parkway Drive, Ghost, Hatebreed, Lorna Shore

JULY
TECHFEST - Chelsea Grin, Aborted, Bound In Fear, Kublai Khan TX (favourite set of 2023!), Vexed, Monasteries, Draconian Reign

AUGUST
ALCATRAZ FESTIVAL - Didn't watch headliner, Decapitated, Shadow of Intent, Brand of Sacrifice, Dynazty, Taake, Twilight Force

SEPTEMBER
nothing

OCTOBER
nothing

NOVEMBER
Old Warf, Shoot to Kill, Detriment, Gutlocker

DECEMBER
Decapitated (playing Nihility in full), Obscura, Inferi

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I didn't make it to the Blossoms/Astley set either and also regret it. Can't remember who was on at the same time but yeah was elsewhere.

Think the crowd and the sunny weather was just perfect for Rick to strut around the pyramid that morning though. Far surpassed my "this is going to be a one song meme set" expectations.

I do have tickets for 2024. Will be number 13 for me having been every year since 2007 with the exception of the COVID delayed 2022/21/22 festival.

Enjoying some of the more bizarre rumours flying around for next year as always.
Bizzare headliner rumours aren't exactly anything I'd be excited by... Madonna, Dua Lipa, Coldplay (love them, but seen them...) But some of the other none headliner rumours look great.

I've not been overly excited by any year's headliners yet, but when you get there, it just really doesn't matter does it? I wasn't keen on the thought of Elton, had a blast, wasn't too keen on guns and roses, had a blast, was super excited for Arctic Monkeys, hated them... You just never know what's gonna happen on those fields.

Fred Again was the one name I was looking forward to last year, we got close(ish) to the front for him, and man was it worth it!!! He absolutely smashed it, and the crowd were 100% up for a party.

This was our view forwards and back that night, it still gives me goosebumps now.

IMG_2338.jpg
IMG_2339.jpg

Rumour was that he was offered the headline slot, but asked for the sunset slot instead. If true, definitely a good move in hindsight.

It'll be just number 3 for me, but I won't be missing a year any time soon in the future. (So long as my back door in stays open, even when that closes I have other tricks up my sleeve.)

One artist I really want to see on that full lineup when it drops... REN... What's the one artist / band you want to see, just one, above all else?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Bizzare headliner rumours aren't exactly anything I'd be excited by... Madonna, Dua Lipa, Coldplay (love them, but seen them...) But some of the other none headliner rumours look great.

I've not been overly excited by any year's headliners yet, but when you get there, it just really doesn't matter does it? I wasn't keen on the thought of Elton, had a blast, wasn't too keen on guns and roses, had a blast, was super excited for Arctic Monkeys, hated them... You just never know what's gonna happen on those fields.

Fred Again was the one name I was looking forward to last year, we got close(ish) to the front for him, and man was it worth it!!! He absolutely smashed it, and the crowd were 100% up for a party.

This was our view forwards and back that night, it still gives me goosebumps now.

View attachment 28774
View attachment 28773

Rumour was that he was offered the headline slot, but asked for the sunset slot instead. If true, definitely a good move in hindsight.

It'll be just number 3 for me, but I won't be missing a year any time soon in the future. (So long as my back door in stays open, even when that closes I have other tricks up my sleeve.)

One artist I really want to see on that full lineup when it drops... REN... What's the one artist / band you want to see, just one, above all else?
Rumour wise I was more enjoying the Avril Lavine rumours 😂 would be a good fun gig I reckon. As well as the Stevie Nicks or Shania Twain legend slot rumours, And of course the whole Killers as the Churnups 2.0 buzz.

But yeah much like you I'm not hugely fussed about headliners, there's always enough to do and see if you don't like them.

As to who I'd like. That's a tough question 😳
And in about to give a long rambling answer.

The answer until recently had always been Fleetwood Mac. But that's never going to happen now 😭

In the last few years ive been lucky to tick off a lot of bands I'd "missed" and Feeder would fall into the missed category but I'm seeing them at the roundhouse already.

I'd go a bit left field with maybe Toad The Wet Sprocket coming over from the US. But no one would know who they are 😂 so I for currently existing artists that I've not seen I suppose it would have to be Sam Fender.

(Oh and Chvrches and Phoenix because Ive not seen either and missed both of them due to Foo Fighters/Elton clashes this year and it killed me, but they won't play 2 years straight)

How about yourself?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Rumour wise I was more enjoying the Avril Lavine rumours 😂 would be a good fun gig I reckon. As well as the Stevie Nicks or Shania Twain legend slot rumours, And of course the whole Killers as the Churnups 2.0 buzz.

But yeah much like you I'm not hugely fussed about headliners, there's always enough to do and see if you don't like them.

As to who I'd like. That's a tough question 😳
And in about to give a long rambling answer.

The answer until recently had always been Fleetwood Mac. But that's never going to happen now 😭

In the last few years ive been lucky to tick off a lot of bands I'd "missed" and Feeder would fall into the missed category but I'm seeing them at the roundhouse already.

I'd go a bit left field with maybe Toad The Wet Sprocket coming over from the US. But no one would know who they are 😂 so I for currently existing artists that I've not seen I suppose it would have to be Sam Fender.

(Oh and Chvrches and Phoenix because Ive not seen either and missed both of them due to Foo Fighters/Elton clashes this year and it killed me, but they won't play 2 years straight)

How about yourself?
Did you not go to the Sam Fender set last year :eek: Suppose you don't need me to tell you that you missed a cracker there too?

Fleetwood Mac are a band I wish I'd seen, and never will now. Sadly, even before Christine's passing, a headline slot at Glastonbury was unlikely due to the long standing pay debate. But if they had managed to get past that, it would have been incredible.

Ren is a realistic hope for me, if he's not on the poster, I'll be surprised and disappointed. But Ren aside, for headliners, I'm going to throw another impossible one out there, Queen. Obviously it's not going to happen, Brian likes badgers, dairy farmers hate them, and yadda yadda yadda. But if they could put their difference aside, how cool would that be, even without Freddie, with Adam Lambert they'd get that field rocking.

I'm loving the Avril rumour, and almost expecting it to be true to be honest. Killers would be great, they do love the festival. Prodigy are out and about too, that would be awesome.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
^^^ I saw Madonna this year and from that I think she could be a great Glasto headliner, deffo has the tunes. Buuut as fun as it was there were two key things I have to concede:

- …..there was no live band!! What the fudge is this, kareoke?! I get it’s more of a choreographed dance along pop thing and maybe that’s what the turbo fans prefer but really, Madge, get a band… the songs deserve it.

- there was a lot of mega-mixing resulting in truncated performances of some songs, which in some instances was sacrilege - only about half of ‘Like a Prayer’ was played o_O

Fix those issues and it would be great 👍

Edit - booked some tickets for Slipknot earlier and also booked in to see King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard 😍

Last edited:

Dar

Hyper Poster
Booked for 2024 already
The Hives
Ah good, someone else with a bit of culture about them :p Saw them in 2022 at Grona Lund, missed every single tiny UK show this year due to work, but got straight onto the Leeds show next year!

This hasn't been a year of big shows for me, it's mostly been smaller gigs at the faithful Fulford Arms in York. It's a nice venue smack in the middle of uni accommodation so there's usually a decent crowd of teenagers to really make you feel old while you pogo them all under the table.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Did you not go to the Sam Fender set last year :eek: Suppose you don't need me to tell you that you missed a cracker there too?

Fleetwood Mac are a band I wish I'd seen, and never will now. Sadly, even before Christine's passing, a headline slot at Glastonbury was unlikely due to the long standing pay debate. But if they had managed to get past that, it would have been incredible.

Ren is a realistic hope for me, if he's not on the poster, I'll be surprised and disappointed. But Ren aside, for headliners, I'm going to throw another impossible one out there, Queen. Obviously it's not going to happen, Brian likes badgers, dairy farmers hate them, and yadda yadda yadda. But if they could put their difference aside, how cool would that be, even without Freddie, with Adam Lambert they'd get that field rocking.

I'm loving the Avril rumour, and almost expecting it to be true to be honest. Killers would be great, they do love the festival. Prodigy are out and about too, that would be awesome.

I missed that whole festival, it was the one I failed to get tickets for. Turns out trying to buy tickets on your phone from the back of a tuk tuk in cambodia isn't particually east.

Queen would be great, but yes i suspect not going to happen any time soon. The Beach Boys were rumoured to be doing a reunion (well of some of them) in 2022 that would be a fun legend slot but I cant see it happening any more. Wouldnt mind see Aerosmith pop up though.

One thing I'd love to see but will never happen is the Ministry Of Sound somehow get their Classical show with a full orchestra at Glasto. I've seen it twice now, Once at the O2 and earlier this year at the Royal Albert Hall (With full use of the Organ and all) which was incredible. Hearing Fatboy Slims "Right Here, Right Now" or Faithless' "Insomnia" done with a full orchestra is something else and would be just incredible to hear in that sunset slot, but not sure they'd fit in outside a Silver Hayes line up but at the same time im not sure Silver Hayes is big enough for it.

^^^ I saw Madonna this year and from that I think she could be a great Glasto headliner, deffo has the tunes. Buuut as fun as it was there were two key things I have to concede:

- …..there was no live band!! What the fudge is this, kareoke?! I get it’s more of a choreographed dance along pop thing and maybe that’s what the turbo fans prefer but really, Madge, get a band… the songs deserve it.

- there was a lot of mega-mixing resulting in truncated performances of some songs, which in some instances was sacrilege - only about half of ‘Like a Prayer’ was played o_O

Fix those issues and it would be great 👍

Edit - booked some tickets for Slipknot earlier and also booked in to see King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard 😍
Not sure how i feel about Madonna, I cant say I'm hugely fussed but its one of those that if she does play I will probably wander down, I've heard some fairly tepid reviews of her shows including the afformentioned lack of a band and quite a few questions on miming. Its one of those that I'd goto more to say I've seen Madonna than to actually see Madonna 🤣

Ah good, someone else with a bit of culture about them :p Saw them in 2022 at Grona Lund, missed every single tiny UK show this year due to work, but got straight onto the Leeds show next year!

This hasn't been a year of big shows for me, it's mostly been smaller gigs at the faithful Fulford Arms in York. It's a nice venue smack in the middle of uni accommodation so there's usually a decent crowd of teenagers to really make you feel old while you pogo them all under the table.

Saw them at Glasto this year and enjoyed them. Bit mental but good stage presence. The are at Bloc Party's mini festival at Crystal Palace next year (which is what I have the ticket next year for) so looking forwards to seeing them again even if they arent the main reason for going.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I missed that whole festival, it was the one I failed to get tickets for. Turns out trying to buy tickets on your phone from the back of a tuk tuk in cambodia isn't particually east.

Queen would be great, but yes i suspect not going to happen any time soon. The Beach Boys were rumoured to be doing a reunion (well of some of them) in 2022 that would be a fun legend slot but I cant see it happening any more. Wouldnt mind see Aerosmith pop up though.

One thing I'd love to see but will never happen is the Ministry Of Sound somehow get their Classical show with a full orchestra at Glasto. I've seen it twice now, Once at the O2 and earlier this year at the Royal Albert Hall (With full use of the Organ and all) which was incredible. Hearing Fatboy Slims "Right Here, Right Now" or Faithless' "Insomnia" done with a full orchestra is something else and would be just incredible to hear in that sunset slot, but not sure they'd fit in outside a Silver Hayes line up but at the same time im not sure Silver Hayes is big enough for it.
I’d probably put MoS up on the park as a sunset act, that’d be awesome!

There’s supposed to be a big change to arcadia this year isn’t there? That’s the rumour I’ve been hearing. And also the Rabbit hole and funkingham palace have 100% gone and are being replaced. Hopefully, along with the awesome changes and new venue at Silver Hayes, this means improved capacity for late night dance music.

On the surface it seems like there’s plenty of dance venue capacity, but in reality all we could actually get into, without long queues or big crowds after hours last year, was none dance music, which doesn’t seem nearly as popular. The few things we did see were a struggle. If drum and bass is going to continue on it’s path to world domination, and it shows no sign of slowing, then they really need more than just the SE corner with some decent names on. It was a nightmare getting in there last year, to see acts I used to go and watch playing to a half empty club in Derby for a fiver 15 years ago!!!

Sorry, went on a bit of a rant there, but after hours is the one thing that needs addressing at Glasto, it’s insanely popular and they need more / bigger venues.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I’d probably put MoS up on the park as a sunset act, that’d be awesome!

There’s supposed to be a big change to arcadia this year isn’t there? That’s the rumour I’ve been hearing. And also the Rabbit hole and funkingham palace have 100% gone and are being replaced. Hopefully, along with the awesome changes and new venue at Silver Hayes, this means improved capacity for late night dance music.

On the surface it seems like there’s plenty of dance venue capacity, but in reality all we could actually get into, without long queues or big crowds after hours last year, was none dance music, which doesn’t seem nearly as popular. The few things we did see were a struggle. If drum and bass is going to continue on it’s path to world domination, and it shows no sign of slowing, then they really need more than just the SE corner with some decent names on. It was a nightmare getting in there last year, to see acts I used to go and watch playing to a half empty club in Derby for a fiver 15 years ago!!!

Sorry, went on a bit of a rant there, but after hours is the one thing that needs addressing at Glasto, it’s insanely popular and they need more / bigger venues.

Haha its a good rant and i agree. Not heard about changes to Arcadia, Could be good, They made a big change a few years back with that big wrecking ball thing made out of a crane from the docks on the Severn. But that didnt seem to stick. I usually pop into Arcadia once or twice though, Once you get past the crowds by the entrance there's usually some room a bit further in. And who doesnt love a giant laster spider.

Maybe I'm getting old but I find the most fun I have In the evening these days is at one of the little bars around the site. The one on the run from West Holts to Other stage was playing my kind of Indie/Rock/90s/80s fare most nights and I found myself in there for a singalong and dance more than once.

I avoid the SE corner like the plague nowadays unless there's nothing on in the headliner slot i care for, then I'll head down a couple of hours early and usually leave by the time it becomes as busy as a Walmart on Black Friday.

I also kind of agree with the posts i see that the usual Dystopian feel of the SE corner has been done to death now and arguably feels a bit close to the bone in relation to modern life/politics. Think it could do with a refresh and another theme for a while.

The dance music scene has long been a bit of a bugbear for me at Glasto. Drum and Bass is fine and I don't mind it but the late night stuff seems to ALL be D&B these days.
My prefered dance music was (and still is) the Trance/Euphoria era, Paul Van Dyk, Ferry Corston, Tiesto etc.... and there's almost none of that. It seems to have all been replaced with more and more D&B.
It is possible I just don't know who to look out for in the genre these days, We did find some nice chilled stuff one evening going on at the Glade and spent a while there.

Maybe I just need to get out to Tomorrowland Festival one day 🤣

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Arcadia Pangea (the big crane) was only feasible if they could leave the base and foundations in year round, they thought they could do this without planning, and were pulled up on it, forced to apply for retrospective planning, and it was denied... Shame as it looks brilliant.

Definitely agree on the theme, but how, it's grown so much now to encompass so much more than just Shangri-la, all along the same lines of theming, that it'd be a mammoth task to change it all in one year.

D&B is my favourite genre, and despite the sheer amount of it onsite, you still struggle to get anywhere close to anything big, with venues reaching capacity and closing doors... So I guess that for you there's too much, but for the majority, there just isn't enough. These things come and go in waves though, and it's probably time for something else to take the lime light.

Might see more House, with artists like Fred Again bringing it very much back into the mainstream.

I don't really mind, D&B is by far my favourite, but I like most genres. I would put Trance and Euphoria up there amongst my favourites. So I'd be happy to see more of that too.

I'm registered for tomorrowland tickets... Wish me luck 🤞 My only worry with that place is "Am I too old?" Forgot to add, I'm gonna go for Boomtown if I fail to get tomorrowland tickets.

Last edited:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I started going to multiple concerts again this year, but I'm still not up for festivals (even though that's the only way to see many of my favorite artists). I also missed quite a few DJ sets I wanted to see because they were performing at pool parties, which isn't my scene at all. I also don't go to see anyone that's performing as an opening act. There's also a venue, the Avant Gardner in Brooklyn, that I can't stand and features performances by many artists I like, but it isn't worth putting up with the hassle of seeing them there. For example, Snakehips, Camelphat, and Lost Frequencies all have upcoming shows there that I would go to if they were performing anywhere else.
OK, rant over. Here's who I did get to see:
Linda Linda Lindas - Japanese Breakfast - Yeah Yeah Yeahs at Forest Hills. All South Korean leading ladies concert, with the latter two being NYC bands performing in front of friends and family.
Fever Ray at Terminal 5. First time seeing them since 2009 at Webster Hall.
Phantogram - Queens Of The Stone Age at Forest Hills. Third time for QOTSA and their best show I've seen so far.
Elohim at Brooklyn Monarch.
Sylvan Esso at Forest Hills.
Two Feet at the Bowery Ballroom. One-off concert that was filmed for his socials.
Upcoming:
The Knocks at Elsewhere - Dec. 30th
Tourist at Brooklyn Steel - Feb. 16th
The Kills at Webster Hall - Feb. 26th
Hippie Sabotage at Irving Plaza - Apr. 21
Peter Hook at Brooklyn Steel - Sep. 6th
I wanted to go to see Booka Shade at Brooklyn Hangar, but they're doing a New Year's Eve show and I would go any other day than that. Especially after going to a very late show the night before (The Knocks are scheduled to play well after midnight).
Still not bad considering I've been averaging only about one concert a year for the past 5 or more years.

JapaneseBreakfast.jpg

YYY2.jpg

YYY1.jpg
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

FeverRay.jpg
Fever Ray

QotSA.jpg
Queens Of The Stone Age

Will

Strata Poster
I'll come mate, I'm off on Fridays at the moment, so every reason to think it won't be an issue pubwise... How much is / was the ticket?
£25
I think Hayley's doing the Lincoln gig as well :)
Venue only holds 550 and I'm hoping for some more obscure stuff than we got on the November tour. *cough* American Noir

You can come see Svalbard with me in March as well. I wonder if I can find my t-shirt with the kitty on :D

Last edited:

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Man... This year?

• Easy Life
  • Pendulum (Live)
  • MK
  • Andy C @ the O2
  • Hospitality @ Printworks
  • Printworks Closing Weekend (Friday)
  • Parklife
  • Hospitality in the Woods
Pre Covid I'd do 20+ events a year, but I guess the effect of working towards having a career, getting older, and not having so much disposable cash means I frequent them less (even though it still feels like I've done 20 events this year),.. I suppose you also get to a point where you've seen most the people you want to see.

Got tickets for Boomtown, Rampage and Fox Stevenson for next year. Need to try and get out to see more bands - slipknots tour is looking veeery tempting indeed