What's new

Gardaland | Oblivion: The Black Hole | B&M Dive Coaster

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: Gardaland | unknown | B&M Dive Coaster

What an interesting little hill. It reminds me of those little bunny hops you could make in Rollercoaster tycoon with the wild mouses.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Again, Krake has it.

This is probably Krake with additional elements.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Is that a bad thing? I hear Krake is pretty good.

I think the helix and what I'm guessing will be a barrel roll will make a huge difference though!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
Again, Krake has it.

This is probably Krake with additional elements.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk
So it isn't Krake then is it?

andrus

Giga Poster

Krake has it, and it's amazing! Probably the best airtime hill on any B&M (due to the short trains)! :--D

peep

CF Legend

Ah cool, glad to hear it rides well on Krake.

What do we think is happening after what is clearly a tight helix after the hill? It's a tight space.

D1993

Hyper Poster

What's with those strange support looking things coming out of the track all around the helix?
Almost looks like what they use to install nets, but it doesn't look quite the same.
I must say I'm very excited for this project mainly because I will be making a trip to Gardaland in July and cannot wait to see the finished product (theming, area, etc).

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

Not sure if it's just the angle of the image but that helix looks like it's banked pretty much 90 degrees - awesome.

AltonShowers

Roller Poster

The helix is probably what the Merlin guy was talking about in a blog post a while ago when they said there would be "inclinations of over 85 degrees".

peep

CF Legend

thumb_634_-_23_11_2014_da_fuori.jpg

:D

However, look at how weird the transition is into it...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Well now, that is curious...

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ But the rest of the ride in the webcam looks fine, so the fish-eye effect can't be too bad. I think the transition is just weird tbh.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

^You can see the fisheye effect from the curved lift hill. I don't think it's that weird of a transition tbh, it's just the angle

Ethan

Strata Poster

But by looking at the footers against the track and the ground, the track has to stretch a distance to allow enough room for the turn after the brakes into the station. The lens definitely exaggerates it, but I'm pretty sure the transition is odd.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Looks like something you would do in RCT. First half of an in-line twist with the second half of a corkscrew.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ It looks much more of a corkscrew in the upper of the two pics peep posted... The fisheye just makes it look weird :?