What's new

Gardaland | Oblivion: The Black Hole | B&M Dive Coaster

Re: Gardaland | unknown | B&M Dive Coaster

By looking at how the supports are in this photo I'm gonna say that it will be a zero-g-roll that ends in a turn, something similar to Nemesis Inferno.

20141031_105047.jpg

Here's a fan video of the layout that's(so far) pretty close to what's currently built:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9RJx-I3ZhU[/youtube]

^

That recreation seems a little inaccurate. I mean all the elements are there but it's very drawn out and misshaped, the real ride doesn't bank into the helix untill the pull out of the air-time hill, the exit to the helix looks very wrong and even the zero-g rotates in the wrong direction.

i guess it gives a general idea of the ride time but the real thing is alot tighter and will give a far better paced ride.

Sorry, turning into abit of a NL nazi. Dislike the abuse that program gets.

bob_3_ said:
^

That recreation seems a little inaccurate. I mean all the elements are there but it's very drawn out and misshaped, the real ride doesn't bank into the helix untill the pull out of the air-time hill, the exit to the helix looks very wrong and even the zero-g rotates in the wrong direction.

i guess it gives a general idea of the ride time but the real thing is alot tighter and will give a far better paced ride.

Sorry, turning into abit of a NL nazi. Dislike the abuse that program gets.

But the POV was made before the ride had started construction.

I bet only 25% of the GP knows what that means. :lol:

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I do find it weird how some people here mention the "GP" as people who are separate from us, and therefore instantly a dumber/less intelligent group. :p

^ I don't think he meant to say that they're stupid. The GP usually has less knowledge about coasters and parks than us enthusiasts. This isn't strange considering it isn't their hobby and they don't do as much research to other parks and coasters, nor do they travel as much to parks. Nothing to do with being less intelligent. If someone asked me about baseball for example, I wouldn't know anything about it either because it doesn't interest me much. I bet that if I'd go to the nearest theme park over here and ask them if they know a coaster called "Oblivion", only a few would know it, and part of that group would be enthusiasts anyway.

When it comes to coasters/theme parks, in reality, they are less knowledgable of such subjects. GuyWithAStick is actually correct, the majority of the park's clientele will not actually understand the correlation between both coasters by the use of the word 'Oblivion', I think it's a nice little tie-in between both parks to be honest with you, it's cute.

Aye I see it as a bit of an in-joke for enthusiasts to chuckle at, nothing more nothing less.

Lofty said:
When it comes to coasters/theme parks, in reality, they are less knowledgable of such subjects. GuyWithAStick is actually correct, the majority of the park's clientele will not actually understand the correlation between both coasters by the use of the word 'Oblivion', I think it's a nice little tie-in between both parks to be honest with you, it's cute.

It's unimaginative ****, but it is Merlin after all...

Garda and Heide do seem to get a rather raw deal of the parks, with this and Flug being rather bland investments...

Nemesis Inferno said:
Lofty said:

It's unimaginative ****, but it is Merlin after all...

Garda and Heide do seem to get a rather raw deal of the parks, with this and Flug being rather bland investments...
I don't think that is very fair, Gardaland did get Raptor what some find to be the best wing coaster and this doesn't look too bad either, then Heide did get Krake what is a fantastic ride and I don't think Flug was meant to be bad, if you get what I mean.

Yeah, what is it that the other parks are getting that's so great?

Chessington anyone?

Everyone else just gets Gerstaulers.

Just read on Towers Street that this is apparently named "Oblivion "....

OK - now you can call them out about being unimaginative.

Ok, so it's not a tie-in to Alton Towers...

So I can assume a Topic Name Change to Oblivion?

Has there been any official release yet about the name?

That slideshow wouldn't open on my computer, so I can't check it all out, but until it's confirmed I think we usually leave the name unknown.