What's new

Gardaland | Oblivion: The Black Hole | B&M Dive Coaster

peep

CF Legend
Re: Gardaland | unknown | B&M Dive Coaster

Looks like a cherry picker, probably just some additional bolt tightening going on.

andrus

Giga Poster

New pic:
20141031_105047.jpg

Source: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewto ... start=1020

Looking very sexy! :--D (although I would have preferd the drop facing the other way around; facing Lake Garda)

TilenB

Strata Poster

318774d1414770757-2015-neuheit-dive-coaster-b-m-gardaland-italien-image.jpg

It does quite dominate the skyline of the park :)

318770d1414770757-2015-neuheit-dive-coaster-b-m-gardaland-italien-image.jpg

Can't wait for this part to be finished. Wrap around the Space Vertigo <3

318769d1414770757-2015-neuheit-dive-coaster-b-m-gardaland-italien-image.jpg

That orange thing is indeed a cherry picker.

source: coasterfriends.de

Although I can hardly believe that they haven't removed that good for nothing tent. I mean they still have 2 relatively big buildings (the other one is ex-Palablu arena) taking up space in a park that's quite tight on space...

AltonShowers

Roller Poster

It makes no sense that they don't show the finished lift on the webcam when you can clearly see it in the park.

loveagiga

Roller Poster

I think you captured someone pickin their nose in that first pic lol! This ride looks great but I cannot figure out the layout! That support is really tall by the drop tower. Looks like the possible 2nd inversion will literally "slam" into the brakes ?? B&Ms go up quick so we will find out soon hopefully :)

Martyn B

CF Legend

Off topic, but a drop tower that size would be good for X-Sector!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

A drop tower of that size seems a bit pointless, they are meant to intimidate you with their hight, looks cute though.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

owenrita121 said:
A drop tower of that size seems a bit pointless, they are meant to intimidate you with their hight, looks cute though.

They are also meant to intimidate you with the anticipation of dropping. Anyway, its a fab little drop tower. Similar experience to Detonator; small, but great airtime.

Lofty

CF Legend

Apocalypse at Drayton is only 15m taller. I actually love the smaller towers, they give you less time to think about the falling and just about the initial dropping sensation.

loveagiga

Roller Poster

I was just hit in the face with an idea.

In the latest video, http://www.gardaland2015.it/en/operatio ... st-results they are looking at the lift hill & talking about a "launch". On another forum, they were asking does this mean they are talking about the lift hill being the "launch pad" or will the trains literally launch up the lift? While I highly doubt there will be any launch on the lift whatsoever, I noticed how odd the supports were near the station. The supports are really high for being what looks like the end of the ride, I couldnt & still cant figure out the layout BUT...

When construction on the tunnel was underway, I noticed a straightaway underground... Could the trains drop into the tunnel after the vertical drop right into a short launch section with special effects? This would allow the train to navigate through larger elements with some speed behind it! Sounds wicked to me but I could be way off!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Surely the train would have too much speed straight out of the drop for a launch in that part of the ride? Also, it would kinda steal Holiday World's thunder (see what I did there).

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

loveagiga said:
I was just hit in the face with an idea.

In the latest video, http://www.gardaland2015.it/en/operatio ... st-results they are looking at the lift hill & talking about a "launch". On another forum, they were asking does this mean they are talking about the lift hill being the "launch pad" or will the trains literally launch up the lift? While I highly doubt there will be any launch on the lift whatsoever, I noticed how odd the supports were near the station. The supports are really high for being what looks like the end of the ride, I couldnt & still cant figure out the layout BUT...

When construction on the tunnel was underway, I noticed a straightaway underground... Could the trains drop into the tunnel after the vertical drop right into a short launch section with special effects? This would allow the train to navigate through larger elements with some speed behind it! Sounds wicked to me but I could be way off!

I think you're way off.

The layout is pretty obvious to me. - It's Lift-Drop-Immelmann-Airtime Hill-Helix-Somekind of Roll-Brakes.
There is a straight part of track in the tunnel yes, but Krake has that as well:

mbr8100011t42728004ufh.jpg

The straight part on this one will probably feature a trim and some special effects, that Immelmann isn't extremely huge either.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^Yes, it is. I think what he's saying though, is that this coaster's tunnel will feature special effects, underground, instead of a splashdown.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^
Exactly. Krake obviously has it for a splash down, this coaster just has it for an underground tunnel.

loveagiga

Roller Poster

I'm sure I am way off but, the speculation is fun. Yes, that is my point cause I understand that the straightaway on Krake is for a splashdown. On this ride, unless its just to take up space from one element to the next I was just wondering if there was more to it. Special effects are most definitely in order. Wasnt that mentioned in the video with the CEO? Not that it would be in that specific location but it would make sense there, in a tunnel. buutttttt a launch there still seems incredible ;D Maybe one day...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Also, the straight section helps put some distance in between the elements. On the larger Dive machines, this isn't too much of a problem since you have a much larger drop pullout, think how close the immellmann would be to the drop if it came directly after on these smaller scale models.

peep

CF Legend

1486037_743227165755476_4833111640712241729_o.jpg

For some reason I wasn't expecting that little hill, should be an interesting element.