What's new

Fun Spot Action Park | White Lightning | GCI Wood

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
White Lightning will be a sleeper hit if it has the speed and airtime it looks like it will.
And it physically looks beautiful < 3

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
They need to paint the wood of the topper track and cat walks, it stands out like sore thumb against the white supports, looks awful. But other than that, this ride looks like it will be packed with airtime, that drop as well <3

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
owenrita121 said:
They need to paint the wood of the topper track and cat walks, it stands out like sore thumb against the white supports, looks awful. But other than that, this ride looks like it will be packed with airtime, that drop as well <3

Fully admit it's my odd tastes in stuff I'm sure...but I like it!

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
This coaster has made me add an Orlando/New Haven/Tampa amusement park trip to my 2014 plans. It looks awesome and I knew it would be before it was even built. This really could actually be one of the best wooden coasters in the world. When I heard the predictions on how good it could be and people where saying it looked lame, I didn't care about their opinions. This sort of looks like a bit smaller version of Prowler. Looking awesome.

Intricks

Strata Poster
It's a GCI, Im expecting a good ride that may be slightly exceptional. I hold no high hopes that it will be the best wood I've had (that right belongs to Voyage), but it wont be terrible either.

It looks like it will be a smaller version of Lightning Racer, so I know it will be fun at least.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Sadly, this will probably be the best wood coaster in Florida.

Sad because the rest of the wood coasters down there are crap, and more so since DBH closed.

michaellll

Mega Poster
rollermonkey said:

Sad because the rest of the wood coasters down there are crap, and more so since DBH closed.

They stop building it right this second and it'll still be the best in Florida :lol:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
rollermonkey said:

I still wonder what the canceled Disney Woody would have been like...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Some nice pics from GCI's Facebook page:

541451_10151574116309095_1583729392_n.jpg

13850_10151574116414095_910178404_n.jpg

562637_10151574116334095_132697111_n.jpg

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
That is gunna be a fun lil coaster.

O.R. and iRat and Gatekeeper are all aiiiight clearly White Lightning for best new ride : D

Lofty

CF Legend
Is that the size of the train when it'll be operational? This question isn't as stupid as it sounds, the videos GCI did show a larger train, I'm sure.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Fun Spot Action Park | White Lightning | GCI Wood

I think it is a smaller train, or at least that's what I thought it was all this time. Kind of gives it more of a "it's going faster look."

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
So, I just got back from FunSpot and the coaster was missing track! Even some ties have been removed. So while it tested last night... They must have found something wrong, since a whole hill has been removed from the ride! (right before it passes the RipCurl ride)

Also, for what its worth... Both trains on the ride seem to be red (while the artwork showed one being red and the other being blue)