What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

marc

CF Legend
Nico did not get a half day he got 2 hours due to rain that is expected tomorrow. Looks like Mclaren made yet another bad call to skip yesterday.

Great times by Merc should be nearer the front than last year, and the updates worked well as shown by both drivers.

What did happen today was that Williams and RBR seem to be the best at keeping their tyres in one peace.

Mclaren are so well off the pace at the moment its just a joke but they have not put their full upgrades on yet so will see, but the car has to do more than 5 laps at a time lol.

Shaping up to be a good year for 3rd as Rbr are miles ahead.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So what do you all think of the return of the KERS system & the new movable rear wing? How will they affect the championship? Do they put too much stress on the drivers with more concentration on the wheel buttons & less on the track, etc.? Even though everyone will be using the systems, do some drivers have an advantage over others?
Another question I have is about the new Williams design by lowering the transmission & dropping the gearbox as far down as possible to increase the down force. Do you think it will be successful & become a major new step in F1 design?
Finally there's Renault's new front exhaust system. Is this really going to be effective?

nealbie

CF Legend
As Slayed has neglected to do so thus far, I've taken the time to set-up the free fantasy league on fantasyracers.com

Enter your team as last year, and if you're new, all you have to do is sign-up and pick the drivers within budget that will win you the most points. Last year it was great fun, especially the epic battle between Slayed and myself which, unfortunately, I lost.

So please DO sign up for the 2nd CF F1 Fantasy League! W00t! :roll:

http://www.fantasyracers.com

Private League Number is: 1113
Password: bellsbaldbonce

Good luck everyone! :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm in as well to give you guys a good laugh. :wink:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
As CFers may know, I have somewhat gone off F1 the last few seasons and deemed them very boring, although I have still watched quite a lot of them. Therefore I have signed up to hopefully spur some F1 interest back into my blood and for a good laugh and friendly competition as well :)

Will

Strata Poster
^
Silly Ciall - anyone who calls last season boring is clearly mental. A few individual races were, yes - but overall it was brilliant stuff.
Hoping for more of the same this year - and from the VJM04, of course :D
Less than a week until we see now :)

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Here's my two cents:

Alonso will be champion this year.

And if only they could have the Australian Grand here instead of Albert Park:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BStP-wHLitg[/youtube]

marc

CF Legend
1 second slower than Button 1st time in an F1 car bloody hell. I saw pictures of it before looked great.

Vettel for world champion, RBR have over a second advantage in race spec and 1.5 on quali spec.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:
Vettel for world champion
Jawohl! Deutscher Weltmeister repeat.

That video reminds me of Laguna Seca, only twice as intense. Still wish F1 had chosen Laguna Seca over Phoenix at the time, as Phoenix was clearly a bad decision.

Will

Strata Poster
198926_10150181580600864_503140863_8429667_2784852_n.jpg

Coffee time :)

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Sooooo, who's getting up early tomorrow?

It's normally 'tradition' for me to get up early, watch the Australian Qualfiying pr Grand Prix then head to Alton for opening weekend. Not going to Alton this year though, got mates coming up to Nottingham instead. But still setting the alarm for Qualifying and hoping Saturday night goes on into the race!

Anyone else eager?

Dave

CF Legend
I'm going to get up early and watch the race, get some dissertation stuff done while I'm at it.

A

Anonymous

Guess I have to fire up my torrent client tomorrow if I want to see this, I really hate Swedish TV showing this on some strange channel I cant see...
Good thing is that I'll get the BBC version <3 instead.

davidm

Strata Poster
Not thinking much of Brundle as main comms on the BBC.... seems to me he was really good when he had time to think about what he was saying (as co-comms), but is useless at the inane drivel bits in between!

And DC is rather lame too.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I quite like our commentary bunch over here on Speed channel. David Hobbs & Steve Matchett are both excellent, but they're both English so that's to be expected. I just wish Bob Varsha would let the others do more of the talking, but then what can you expect from an American announcer other than for him to run his mouth without saying anything constructive?
I enjoyed the race but my German boys let me down today, even though Vettel ran away with it. Rubens took Nico out, but what's up with Heidfeld? I was really expecting him to be up there with Petrov.
I didn't get to see if it was Alguersuari or Schumacher who was to blame for that tag, but another let down either way. Don't know what the problem was with Timo's Virgin either? At least Adrian Sutil managed to finish the race.
Oh well. I'm still sticking with my all German team, just have to see if I should change it up a little.
Still not convinced that the KERS or wings will be much of an influence, but those frickin' Pirellis are going to make for one WTF season. After 20 years it might have been better if they had just stayed out of the game.