What's new

Fluch von Novgorod, Eurofighter, Hansa Park

Because its heartlining...
I don't see whats to wrong about it, are you trying to suggest Gerstlauer are being lazy? As nearly all manufacturers do these sort of entrances and exits.

That jump up out of the brake run (which I assume is launch assisted by the fins just before it that don't look similar to the brake fins preceeding them) is a bit random... Not that it's not pretty cool.

But yeah, Gerstlauer really need to get the lift engagement times on their Eurofighters sorted... its ridiculous.

It could have been a nice airtime hill, tbh they would have been better not getting a Eurofighter but getting one like Plopsaland have got.

Also the way it goes up the hill to get back to the station looks a bit nasty, it crests it at some speed.

The ride would been so much better if the lift hill was first and it did stuff before launching into the final part.

The pacing woulda made MUCH more sense.

We do have to remember though that there is a story so will have to see how it works out.

At the moment though I just see 2 places were the coaster has speed and it just stops, but that hill leading into the break run just looks like its going to be very painful. Going to get some air time for it to hit the brakes.

Lol, what are you lot like! Collective willpower of a gnat, you could have waited! :roll:

My take on it:

1. For some of that POV the lights are on (obviously) - that drop and launch, especially in the dark, will be bloody awesome.

2. The airtime hill looks lush.

3. No idea how that "knot" will ride yet - helix-like maybe.

4. Stop whinging about a mild inversion :roll:.

5. Yes, the bulk of the on-ride theming and FX is meant to be on the lift hill, they're obviously aware of the change of pace.

6. They specifically wanted the end of the ride to be as thrilling as the start (unlike 99.9% of coasters) - looks to me like they've managed it!

Personally, I can't ****ing wait to ride it!

Yep.

And is the lift the only place to have effects?

If so, no matter how "OMFG AWESOME" they are (but, within budget, I'm guessing this is limited), I think the rest of the ride will let it down.

Launch? Eh. These are common as muck now. Everything else? Pah. I mean, it's better than Saw, don't get me wrong, but, the amount some people have gone on about this, I think they'll be disappointed (although something tells me if it wasn't for the Euro Live, there'd be a lot more people not giving a crap)

Now everybody's disappointed just because the ride has a lifthill? Wasn't everybody pissing themselves over how the theming was going to make this ride 'the best ride ever'?

I still think it looks as good as I thought it would be.

I am a little disappointed after the POV. I can see what they're going for going into the breaks at that speed, but, I think it's a bit of a waste.

I'm still looking forward to riding as it does look to be one of, if not the best eurofighter.

^ Were you describing Atlants Adventure or...

Altantis Adventure is very similar when compared to this one. FvN is just faster and taller (probably longer as well). So it still have potential, especially after they sort out all the theming.

UC said:
Now everybody's disappointed just because the ride has a lifthill? Wasn't everybody pissing themselves over how the theming was going to make this ride 'the best ride ever'?

I think need to learn to read posts.

The complaints are:

1. The ride is too short.

2. The ride layout is VERY simplistic.

3. The pacing from the launch is absolutely destroyed halfway through.

4. The elements are very basic.

5. No matter what the theming is, the portion of the ride that is to be high-thrill - the outdoor portion - is rather quick and contains few events.

6. The lift and drop seem to be there just to say they have the BV drop. The ride does little more than meander in to a (pointless) second launch in to the brake run after it.

Stop whinging, its good for the park, not for your ego.

UC said:
AA has an incredible amount of theming and landscaping, which is aided by the fact that the ride doubles over and under itself a few times (which FvN, pretty much as "out and back" as you can get, doesn't).

And this has no theming or landscaping at all?

The point I was trying to make wasn't what people were disappointed about. It was the fact that people got all hyped up, preaching this to be 'the best coaster ever', and now are complaining about whatever(I don't care and it doesn't matter). The point is that they're complaining.

I guess I just dont like Eurofighters, I am waiting for this company to do something to make me go wow its just not happening.

Slayed you like them which is fair enough each to there own lol.

Its a good coaster for the park, but it could do more just like Saw could.

The best one they have done is Rage, simply due to the fact its compact and nothing is wasted.

Then again you can not always go by a pov, I thought Mamba was going to be **** and it was not.

I think a few of us are in 2 minds about the theming simply due to the coaster that was opened in the the uk that promised much and failed on everything.

I just hope this coaster works.

Anyway enough from me, bring on July :)

Slayed said:
It opens on Friday btw :D.

They don't seem to have done that much testing... Saw had a month? This has had about a week!

Only just noticed this lol, wonder how it went.

Testing for 2 months done Saw alot of good lol.

UC said:
The complaints are:

1. The ride is too short.

2. The ride layout is VERY simplistic.

3. The pacing from the launch is absolutely destroyed halfway through.

4. The elements are very basic.

5. No matter what the theming is, the portion of the ride that is to be high-thrill - the outdoor portion - is rather quick and contains few events.

6. The lift and drop seem to be there just to say they have the BV drop. The ride does little more than meander in to a (pointless) second launch in to the brake run after it.

It's far more than the lift hill, and to be honest, I can definitely see what people are getting at.
1. Totally subjective.

2. KK and TTD aren't? (in terms of layout only). FvN's got 8 elements. that's plenty.

3. More like 3/4, and it's been done on purpose to fit with the theme - I have no problem with it. It's also a world first (hard to claim these days).

4. What???

5. Surely the bigger thrills are indoors.

6. MEANDER?! I don't call a BV drop into an overbank and launching into a brake run at 100 km/h meandering!

I really don't know what you all expected from this ride - some world-conquering behemoth apparently.

And Ben, you're talking rot. Who the **** are you to tell me how I can think?

I'd elaborate, but I have a train to catch in 15. Argue away and I'll see y'all in 2 days.

Ben said:
something tells me if it wasn't for the Euro Live, there'd be a lot more people not giving a crap

Agreed. That's one of the points of a Live, to get people interested in coasters and parks! Without a doubt the Denmany Live has increased awareness of this coaster, and I'd hope so with near on 30 people traveling there for some ERT!

I admit that I rarely follow the construction of a coaster unless I'm going to ride it in the near future.

I have been following this coaster - on paper it looks amazing - but I have not watched the POV. As I'm following this coaster, I've had to read some of the posts made post-POV and I guess after several goes on it, I'll be able to see what peopel are getting at.

However, I'm not going to jump in an defend it without riding it though.