What's new

Fluch von Novgorod, Eurofighter, Hansa Park

Well seeing as I did not leave me seat on Speed this probably wont affect me then. I was pinned though as I have no choice on these, with pin or ear bang.

Wow, I love that little Stengel type thing after the airtime hill.

This gets better. And now I really want to know what Ian and Slayed are on about!

^Best if you don't ^_^. That first run will be something else.

I do adore Speed's airtime hill though, bring it on!

Hmm.

The coaster surrounds looks amazing but I think the trains look a bit basic.

Most riders will be greeted with the side view as seen in the second image in that gallery. It's two-dimensional.

The back of the trains in the first image look very militarised. Formal. Upright. Clean.

It better flow.

2009-03-26_IMG_9076.jpg

2009-03-26_IMG_9077.jpg

2009-03-26_IMG_9078.jpg

I like that! Suitably atmospheric, and the front is nice and open.

With the right music in the station and dropping down into the dark, will be fantastic!

^I think they look pretty funky. I agree with Ian that the sides look a bit weird, but the rest of them looks great. They're going to be very open.

Also, LOL at the stickers to indicate front and back. I think the only thing that could make this ride even better would be backwards trains! Only kidding. :lol:

Yeah they probably worked out what would happen at the lift hill so made sure they used it as 2 halves.

In relation to that, Hansa have confirmed that the big FX have been delayed until next season due to the delayed construction.

Those FX are meant to be on the lift hill, so they must have indentifed the lift hill as needing something extra, as you say.

Don't know how it will feel without them, or if they'll have something temporary in place (e.g. some music). It's in the dark so it could do with something.

Hmm, you know, we may have lost something in the PR translation.

I've just read the official Hansa translation, and it could be that the FX will be there!

They seem to be saying that next year they'll be opening with even more theming, and more story, and turning the whole area into a version of the Russian city. But the FX are clearly in the first phase.

I hope so, as the FX sound great :p.

And if this is the interim version of the theming, how bloody good will the finished version be!

2009-03-31_IMG_9361.jpg

2009-03-28_IMG_9270.jpg

[EDIT: I stand corrected Ploddish, that is indeed the same tower from different angles].

Wow thats pretty epic. See Merlin! One theme park can do this much themeing with nearly half the budget!

* Jaw hits floor *

Now that looks stunning. The more I see of this, the more I cannot wait to ride it. They really aren't cutting any corners with this thing, are they?