What's new

Flat Ride Getting Married

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ok, so this should probably be in Anything Goes, depending on how you look at it. We somehow fail as enthusiasts compared to this:

A 33-year-old church organist from Pennsylvania is planning to marry a magic carpet fairground ride.

Amy Wolfe claims to have objectum sexuality, a condition that makes sufferers attracted to inanimate objects.

She has been 'courting' the attraction, an 80ft gondola ride called 1001 Nachts, for a decade. According to the Daily Telegraph, Wolfe travels 160 miles to visit the attraction up to 10 times every year. It is estimated she has taken approximately 3,000 rides since first visiting the theme park at the age of 13.

"I love him as much as women love their husbands and know we'll be together forever," she said. "I was instantly attracted to him sexually and mentally.

"I wasn't freaked out, as it just felt so natural, but I didn't tell anyone about it because I knew it wasn't 'normal' to have feelings for a fairground ride."

Wolfe sleeps with a picture of the ride on her ceiling. She also carries its spare nuts and bolts around in a bid to feel closer to the machinery.

"I'm not hurting anyone and I can't help it," she added. "It's a part of who I am."

After the wedding she plans to change her name to Amy Weber, in honour of the manufacturer of the attraction.

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=149033576

A

Anonymous

Didn't she get married to the Berlin wall and a fence amongst other things ?

Jools

Giga Poster
Okokokokok, that's just made my year!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Only in the US eh :lol:

^ Well it's a mental disorder, much like any mental disorder.. Only apparantly this one causes you to love inanimate objects.

If she's in love with it, good for her I guess. Personally I don't understand it (obviously), but I can't call her weird or retarded or anything because it really isn't her fault. Why would she choose 1001 Nachts though? At least pick a good ride :p .

RCF

Strata Poster
I saw this in Anything Goes, and on a video Snoo posted. I have to say this is pretty weird. I mean, she also likes it sexually. How you gonna do that?

Error

Strata Poster
From the random news topic said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5972632/Woman-getting-married-to-fairground-ride.html

And you thought WE were bad...

This woman needs a life.

Ugh, I posted this last night...

Emmett

Giga Poster
:shock: , how does she know its a he.

I'd understand if it was a sexual thing each time she rode it but why the hell would you want to marry it and also admitting it to people.

I bet this news will go down well in the church were she plays the organ.

For people saying she doesn't have a life, you do realize for people with this disorder, being attracted sexually to an inanimate object IS I'm guessing exactly what it's like for a human to be attracted to a human sexually.. It's not like she chooses to live like that, much like gay people don't really choose to be gay, etc.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I feel very embarrassed for her but sorry for her at the same time. But if she can't help it then it's not really her fault I guess.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Aww,bless her,at least she has it's nuts. :lol:

Now correct me if I'm wrong,but didn't we have a member on here,who got married to Stealth?

Or was that some bizzare dream?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
For people saying she doesn't have a life, you do realize for people with this disorder, being attracted sexually to an inanimate object IS I'm guessing exactly what it's like for a human to be attracted to a human sexually.. It's not like she chooses to live like that, much like gay people don't really choose to be gay, etc.

Kind of... I suppose you're also okay with people who have the mental disorder that makes them fancy animals and kids too? ;)

Okay, not the same thing because the ride op (pimp) gives consent :p

Seriously, you know it's wrong, you know you're not right in the head - keep quiet about it and learn some self control/respect?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It's like I keep telling my lesbian friends: a bit of cock should sort her out.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
I saw this on some Channel 5 documentary ages ago, it was like a side story to the woman who cheated on the Berlin Wall with a fence. She was like, lying under the ride whispering to it and kissing it. It really wasn't right. :(